R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default long chassis forward battery

my guess was that the longer chassis favors high grip tracks while the short one works best in low grip conditions? i see mugen for example selling the new mbx6 with the long chassis is the long chassis better overall than the short one?

how does a long chassis differ from a long wheelbase?

where does the forward battery placement come into all of this??

please share your knowledge and first hand experiences.

Thank you.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic2 View Post
my guess was that the longer chassis favors high grip tracks while the short one works best in low grip conditions? i see mugen for example selling the new mbx6 with the long chassis is the long chassis better overall than the short one?

how does a long chassis differ from a long wheelbase?

where does the forward battery placement come into all of this??

please share your knowledge and first hand experiences.

Thank you.
Alot feel the +5mm mugen chassis a hit and miss prefrence. The plus 5 is suppost to make the car better in a way or driving and more predictable but can cause a slack on steering. But there are set up sheets for the +5 to get the width almost back to FACTORY m spec. The batt forward is a all around positive. Since iv'e owned a mugen all the batt forward tray has done was make me love my buggy even more. It helpes steering and just all around handling of the car so much more then it already handles. The tray is a must have, the chassis isn't needed but i would say yes get it just to keep up to date and have fresh sheets to get it dialed in. The chassis isn't really made on grip/traction it works great with both but tighter tracks and small the stock chassis could help more... Longer wheel badse on a buggy isn't really good can cause alot of lack in steering.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
Tech Regular

I had been running the PMT6 BCE chassis on my 6T and picked up a Mugen +5 chassis for a replacement to try. From what I understand from talking to a freind of mine who runs one it took away steering so he had to make changes accordingly to get the truck to drive how he wanted. The extra length is supposed to add stability in the rough and better jumping ability, we shall see........

Mugen MBX6R/Airtronics M11X/Ninja Engines/Sidewinder Fuel/EB Mods
Slider30250 is offline   Reply With Quote