R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Seeing as you said bash and only maby race I would go with the Kyosho Inferno NEO ST Ready Set truggy. I have seen one on the track and it can hold its own, but however no matter what its not like your going to tear up the track and sweep away the win your first few times there, you are just going to be learning. This truck come in at $420 leaving you sace to pick up things like a starter box, parts, fuel, motor back-plate, ect. Not even my favorite brand but for what you wana do sounds like the best choice

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Engine-Type-1
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #17
Tech Champion

RC8T...

Or maybe an SC8?

Associated is great because they have so many 1/8 offroad platforms - RC8.2, RC8.2e, RC8T CE, SC8, SC8e, e-conversion kit, etc..
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
I will have to disagree with you on that. I have owned several different truggies. and in all honesty they are all good! I have had ones that were considered bashers and ones that are considered racers. they are all tough. you can beat the crap out of all of them and they will all handle great when setup properly.

to the OP... IMO you need to get one you can easily find parts for. go to your LHS and see what they carry. if they carry losi buy the Losi. If they carry Associated get the Associated. If they carry Mugen get the Mugen Ect... just stay away from off brands and you will be fine. If you are on a budget check out the used classified. you should have no problem getting all setup with a nice truggy for what you are wanting to spend. I just recently picked up a very nice MBX5T roller for $175 I probably have less than $400 in it now. but I had some of the things needed allready.
You're entightled to your opinon, but it has been my experience when a guy shows up at a track with a truggy or buggy that he uses mainly for bashing he doesn't finish the race. Either out of frustration, broken vehicle, or poor tune or wore out engine..

Which is why I still say Race Trucks don't get bashed, and Bashers do not finish races.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #19
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

After owning just about everything out there I can only offer my opinion.

If your on a budget a D8T will do everything you want it to and more if racing. They are tough as nails and would probably hold up just fine as a basher as well. Now once you get some runtime on it and get to be a better driver if you drive some of the other top of the line truggies that are lighter than your D8T it will feel like it doesn't quite have the pop off the jumps and not quite the nimbleness. But you won't ever notice that until you run the HB a lot and then wheel someone elses Losi, Serpent, Durango, Kyosho,...etc.. that are some of the lighter platforms.

If your not on a budget my vote goes for a losi 8ight T 2.0 kit or race roller. I buy other top vehicles and I keep coming back to the losi buggy and truggy. They never break on me and are always fast.

A lot depends on your choice of use. Like others have said you need to distinguish if your gonna be a racer or a basher as that plays into your choice quite a bit. If your going to be bashing only I would pick up a HPI Savage X 4.6 RTR monster truck. That truck is built like a tank and can take some major abuse as I've owned 4 of them over the years and abused them quite a bit with no major breakages.
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM View Post

Either out of frustration, broken vehicle, or poor tune or wore out engine..
Which is a result of driver error. not because they are using a "basher"
yakfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #21
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
Which is a result of driver error. not because they are using a "basher"
+1. I've seen guys, we prob all have, that are blazing fast with what we would consider a non race vehicle.

There are a lot of opinions out there, which is the great thing about this forum. At the end of the day, just pick what best suits your needs and pull the trigger on it. Like most of us, if you aren't happy with it, sell it and buy what you think will fit.
ProLine! Upgrade RC!
Spads11 is offline   Reply With Quote