Community
Wiki Posts
Search

European Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up European Tracks

Lately, I've been looking at tracks and I am liking European style tracks. I know American tracks are more motocross, even including starting gates but I like how European tracks have fast sweepers, hard packed dirt and multiple surfaces like cobble stone and wood. I wish there would be more tracks like that in America. I am getting back into the hobby and will begin racing soon. Maybe I could push for a track redesign somewhere in Houston.
Attached Thumbnails European Tracks-lrtues-track6.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Adept

Oddly enough. Over in the UK, all we want is American style tracks!!

Swap ya?
Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think we've managed a good mix of both at my club.

http://vimeo.com/11996030
Old 11-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Work in progress on my local track. When this video was taken it was 90% finished - just in meanwhile 4th jump added in carpeted area so you can double-double it.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Love the flow of the track, looks like a blast.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by lochness42
Work in progress on my local track. When this video was taken it was 90% finished - just in meanwhile 4th jump added in carpeted area so you can double-double it.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That looks like a fun track. Great layout I think.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gextreme8
Lately, I've been looking at tracks and I am liking European style tracks. I know American tracks are more motocross, even including starting gates but I like how European tracks have fast sweepers, hard packed dirt and multiple surfaces like cobble stone and wood. I wish there would be more tracks like that in America. I am getting back into the hobby and will begin racing soon. Maybe I could push for a track redesign somewhere in Houston.
you could always plan a trip next July 18-22nd for the R/C Palooza!
huge multisurface usa/euro style track! 5 different track surfacesirt,astroturf,concrete,cobblestone and brick. jumps formed out of wood to prevent blowing out, nitro and electric race...
controlled tire to cut down on expense since noone really has a ton a experience on tracks like this. track footprint is done and is 100x240 and sloped to prevent any blindspots.
www.mnkraceway.com
advertising and specials start dec 1st. track is not available for club racing only one event a year so no advantages
Old 11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Beddo
Oddly enough. Over in the UK, all we want is American style tracks!!

Swap ya?
Haha Oh yeah, I'll definitely swap ya. It's funny how theres always someone who wants what you don't want.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by Mo Denton
you could always plan a trip next July 18-22nd for the R/C Palooza!
huge multisurface usa/euro style track! 5 different track surfacesirt,astroturf,concrete,cobblestone and brick. jumps formed out of wood to prevent blowing out, nitro and electric race...
controlled tire to cut down on expense since noone really has a ton a experience on tracks like this. track footprint is done and is 100x240 and sloped to prevent any blindspots.
advertising and specials start dec 1st. track is not available for club racing only one event a year so no advantages
Wow, thats amazing!!! I get my buggy this Christmas so that will give me more than enough time to obtain skill. I'm an extremely fast learner so I am sure I will be ready for massive competition by then. Have you ever flown with R/C equipment? I am sure it's very tedious. Well that will be my goal, to participate in that event. I'm from Houston so it's not that far away. Also, how does it work finding a pitman at events where you don't know anyone?
Old 11-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gextreme8
Wow, thats amazing!!! I get my buggy this Christmas so that will give me more than enough time to obtain skill. I'm an extremely fast learner so I am sure I will be ready for massive competition by then. Have you ever flown with R/C equipment? I am sure it's very tedious. Well that will be my goal, to participate in that event. I'm from Houston so it's not that far away. Also, how does it work finding a pitman at events where you don't know anyone?
Great! Dont worry about a pitman. With a 600 entry limit im sure we could find someone, or since i wont be racing to make sure everything goes smooth i can pit ya!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 AM
Tech Champion

I've always wished German tracks had more jumps.. And my local one added several over the last year..

This track in Germany though is freakin' awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NndRR...ure=plpp_video
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Talking about what people do elsewhere, I have always been surprised to find that Australia seems to be the only place where lots of grass racing is undertaken (real grass, not astro)

It is hi traction but can become very bumpy as the corners and acceleration / braking areas get blown out. It is nice that it is good for the grass, getting all torn up to help it grow and it is great that the chassis lasts much longer and crashes dont scratch up ya motor lol.
Also, if it rains a bit you can race 10mins later as there are not big puddles on the track (sandy base so it soaks in better than clay)

and the cars don't get anywhere near so dirty

and tyres last you a season :-)

and a few guys who live too far from a 'real' track can lay out a whole bunch of pipe, or thick rope etc, in a park and have a track.

But gee, driving on clay is more fun :-)
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Champion

I think grass is a great idea, for exactly the reasons you listed. I have always wondered at the beuatiful grass you Aussies run on, whether bashing or racing.. Over the years I have seen countless videos from Oz of guys running on what looks like golf-course quality grass..
Old 11-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I think grass is a great idea, for exactly the reasons you listed. I have always wondered at the beuatiful grass you Aussies run on, whether bashing or racing.. Over the years I have seen countless videos from Oz of guys running on what looks like golf-course quality grass..
Maybe it is the climate we have is great for grass? Not that i have travelled O/S much
I think there must be many places in the USA that also have parks with awesome grass but the population there means that more ppl race and so it is easier (cost wise) to have big expensive dirt tracks

Makes it hard though as you can't find grass setups for lots of buggies and there are only like 3 good grass tyres made, eg: Proline and AKA do not do a grass tyre at all
Old 11-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark _australia
Maybe it is the climate we have is great for grass? Not that i have travelled O/S much
I think there must be many places in the USA that also have parks with awesome grass but the population there means that more ppl race and so it is easier (cost wise) to have big expensive dirt tracks

Makes it hard though as you can't find grass setups for lots of buggies and there are only like 3 good grass tyres made, eg: Proline and AKA do not do a grass tyre at all
what are the three good grass tires?

have you tried the aka hard gridirons or hard crossbraces?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.