Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I love crackheads...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I love crackheads...

So I was at the LHS today dropping off the core motor for Jato exchange (rrgghh) And in walks this seriously strung out loser who wanted to sell his truck to the owner. He proceeds to unload a not too horrible looking, but rough first generation T-MAXX. He goes on describing how it's been stored for a year (with a full tank of fuel) and how it use to run but....well you get the picture. The owner of the store was not really interested in it so I stepped in and asked what he wanted for it. His answer...no surprise was "ummmmm uuuhhhhh $60 bucks dude" I looked at him and his extremely dirty girlfriend and said.." I give ya $40 cash take it or leave it"

.....needless to say he took it.

Not one piece of lineage is in tact and working but all the servos and important stuff is there and functions , the engine is missing a few fins and looks questionable at best. I brought it home and did a quick clean up of the engine, pulled the head off and cleaned out the stale fuel. I figured it would need a new motor but no big deal... Well after a half hour of adjusting the carb and tweaking it a little it actually fired up and holds an idle....quite surprised I am.
I figure I'll fix the busted stuff and use it as a beater till I decide what to do with it.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iTech
So I was at the LHS today dropping off the core motor for Jato exchange (rrgghh) And in walks this seriously strung out loser who wanted to sell his truck to the owner. He proceeds to unload a not too horrible looking, but rough first generation T-MAXX. He goes on describing how it's been stored for a year (with a full tank of fuel) and how it use to run but....well you get the picture. The owner of the store was not really interested in it so I stepped in and asked what he wanted for it. His answer...no surprise was "ummmmm uuuhhhhh $60 bucks dude" I looked at him and his extremely dirty girlfriend and said.." I give ya $40 cash take it or leave it"

.....needless to say he took it.

Not one piece of lineage is in tact and working but all the servos and important stuff is there and functions , the engine is missing a few fins and looks questionable at best. I brought it home and did a quick clean up of the engine, pulled the head off and cleaned out the stale fuel. I figured it would need a new motor but no big deal... Well after a half hour of adjusting the carb and tweaking it a little it actually fired up and holds an idle....quite surprised I am.
I figure I'll fix the busted stuff and use it as a beater till I decide what to do with it.
Thanks for supporting my habit, I really appreciate it.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

it maybe stolen too..
Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
it maybe stolen too..
That for sure. In Texas receiving stolen property is a crime in itself.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Guess you may be one of the reasons that crime does pay in certain areas. Hope that same Crack head is not robbing your house next week.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I would have passed in a heart beat if the story plays out like you stated something isn't right never less its a deal would get it blessed where I come from that's called bachi meaning it comes back some way or another
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
it maybe stolen too..
Depends how much he actually knew about it. Any average-Joe who stole an R/C wouldn't have the most vague idea about it. Regardless, I probably wouldn't buy anything someone like that tried to sell.

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Hope that same Crack head is not robbing your house next week.
Agreed. Probably not a good idea to support their habits...
Old 12-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Realy guys? I meen unless you seen the guy smokeing crack with your own eyes, then you dont know what that guy has been through! Stop judging people off there looks.Maybe you should have talked to the guy for a few and seen what he was realy about before you come on here and call people crack heads!Yea you could be right and he was a crack head that stole that stuff or he could be somebody that was interested in the hobby at one point,then found hiself down on luck like alot of people these days and needed money to pay bills or even just to survive.All im saying is stop judging.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Is a crackhead worse than a drunk????
Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I can see this thread is going nowhere