R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
92stanglx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default servo help

hey guys this is my first time building a roller buggy and im on a budget. just wondering what the best servo's are for steering/throttle on a losi 8ight that wont break the bank.
i will go to track 1-2 times a year but mainly bash.

also i will be buying from towerhobbies because i get small discount so if all possible it would be nice to find one from there.
92stanglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92stanglx View Post
hey guys this is my first time building a roller buggy and im on a budget. just wondering what the best servo's are for steering/throttle on a losi 8ight that wont break the bank.
i will go to track 1-2 times a year but mainly bash.

also i will be buying from towerhobbies because i get small discount so if all possible it would be nice to find one from there.
will to get a good one it gonna break the bank at tower so i would look up savox and get there metal gear sevor they have some nice one that will work for 80 dollars and freeshipping also you wnat to look at the 1256tgservo it got the torque and speed and will handle and there there the a 69 one that will work for the streeing that is you best bet and if you use the savoxusa promo code they will give you a free t shirt
__________________
Team Argus
Team Rw- Mods |www.rw-Rw mods.com|
Hotbodies D8T Argus .23 | tb - 1 pipe|
Hotbodies D812
Hotbodies ve8 Tekin 2050
imrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
Tech Adept
 
92stanglx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrob View Post
will to get a good one it gonna break the bank at tower so i would look up savox and get there metal gear sevor they have some nice one that will work for 80 dollars and freeshipping also you wnat to look at the 1256tgservo it got the torque and speed and will handle and there there the a 69 one that will work for the streeing that is you best bet and if you use the savoxusa promo code they will give you a free t shirt
where do i find this promo code. looks like im jus gonna save a little to get the savox because your the 10th person to tell me that they a good
92stanglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Limywidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,492
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92stanglx View Post
where do i find this promo code. looks like im jus gonna save a little to get the savox because your the 10th person to tell me that they a good
Make it 11. +1 on Savox...
__________________
www.ROCCKracing.com
Bacon is meat candy without the fussy wrapper...
"Equations are the Devil's sentences." - Colbert
OODA loop: Observe-Overreact-Destroy-Apologize
Limywidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 10,180
Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)
Default

I use Savox, Ace/Associated 1313/1015, and Futaba Brushless servos. Those are about the most reliable ones I've owned so I stick with them.
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
AssocRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 2,295
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AssocRacer Send a message via Yahoo to AssocRacer
Default

I use Hitec servos, never had a problem with them. But I too will be trying a Savox servo when I get my TLR 22. The price on them seems to be pretty good and I've heard that everyone who uses them loves them.
__________________
Lots O' Planes
AssocRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92stanglx View Post
where do i find this promo code. looks like im jus gonna save a little to get the savox because your the 10th person to tell me that they a good
the promo code was on this site little advertising screen like two days ago but it was savoxusa is the code im sure it still going on or i hope since im getting some more of there servo too
__________________
Team Argus
Team Rw- Mods |www.rw-Rw mods.com|
Hotbodies D8T Argus .23 | tb - 1 pipe|
Hotbodies D812
Hotbodies ve8 Tekin 2050
imrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:21 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
Chris Haigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,127
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limywidget View Post
Make it 11. +1 on Savox...
I'll be the 12th then...Savox 1256 for steering and 1258 for throttle/brake on a 2S LiFe battery. Great, reliable servos at an excellent price.
Chris Haigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tekin rx8 servo help gnatsum69 Electric Off-Road 34 05-25-2010 12:00 PM
Team associated XP Digital Ds1313 servo help guss2009 Radio and Electronics 9 03-12-2010 07:24 AM
Planning on replacing throttle servo. Help? helgso Nitro Off-Road 19 12-17-2009 01:42 PM
Futaba 9451 servo help Omnicron Electric Off-Road 10 04-02-2009 01:35 PM
Airtronics 94360 Servo.. HELP! Bwadd2002 Electric Off-Road 9 08-20-2006 11:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:29 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net