Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What car for the 2012 season?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default What car for the 2012 season?

Hello: I do not want to start another debate on wich car is better once that I really now that each car as weak points in somewhere and all can be fast. However I would like to hear some of the most experienced racers of this forum.
I live in Portugal and I will race the local Regional Championship next year. I currently own a Losi 8ight 2.0 EU and I must say I really like the car and I don't understand how some people says that it's not resistant enough. Must say that I really had some bad landings over more than a year with my Losi and I NEVER broke or bend a single part. Only thing I found is that turnbuckles strip the rod ends but I've found a soluton for that and of course the ball ends wear out pretty fast because they're alum made. All said about the Losi, wich I love, but I would like to run a different car next year. So the question is: what is the best option? Now I'm really into Kyosho because a friend of mine owns one and I must say the car feels like glued to the ground. Don't get me wrong I can be really fast with the Losi but when I drive the Kyosho it just feel like I can be faster with much less effort. The car just feels more forgiving and it sure is well finished. Also I tried the Serpent the other day but I don't lean much to it because it seems hard to find a "all-around" setup like you can do with the Losi or the Kyosho. Those 2 really adapt to everything with pretty much the same setup. I also thought about the mugen mbx-6r and after that we have a lot of new cars: the S-Workz looks interesting and even the new Optima K1 looks well finished.
Now I would like to hear from others experience. Must say that the budget isn't a problem and that I can get parts from pretty much every car brand.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CoelhoPTM
Hello: I do not want to start another debate on wich car is better once that I really now that each car as weak points in somewhere and all can be fast. However I would like to hear some of the most experienced racers of this forum.
I live in Portugal and I will race the local Regional Championship next year. I currently own a Losi 8ight 2.0 EU and I must say I really like the car and I don't understand how some people says that it's not resistant enough. Must say that I really had some bad landings over more than a year with my Losi and I NEVER broke or bend a single part. Only thing I found is that turnbuckles strip the rod ends but I've found a soluton for that and of course the ball ends wear out pretty fast because they're alum made. All said about the Losi, wich I love, but I would like to run a different car next year. So the question is: what is the best option? Now I'm really into Kyosho because a friend of mine owns one and I must say the car feels like glued to the ground. Don't get me wrong I can be really fast with the Losi but when I drive the Kyosho it just feel like I can be faster with much less effort. The car just feels more forgiving and it sure is well finished. Also I tried the Serpent the other day but I don't lean much to it because it seems hard to find a "all-around" setup like you can do with the Losi or the Kyosho. Those 2 really adapt to everything with pretty much the same setup. I also thought about the mugen mbx-6r and after that we have a lot of new cars: the S-Workz looks interesting and even the new Optima K1 looks well finished.
Now I would like to hear from others experience. Must say that the budget isn't a problem and that I can get parts from pretty much every car brand.
The Hong Nor X3 Sabre seems to be pulling some nice wins in the EU... From what I have seen the kit is VERY tough too...
Old 10-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

really "Honestly" every car is the best....
and you kind of answered your own Question..

"when I drive the Kyosho it just feel like I can be faster with much less effort. The car just feels more forgiving and it sure is well finished."

think about it...so i would go with your Gut feeling...
because no matter how good "Any Other Car Is" you always ask the Question?
"Should i Have tried that Other Car"...????
all the cars are good so if the budget is not a problem
and getting parts online is no problem for waiting,then any car
"Will Be the Best".....

but i know how it goes kinda fun to kinda see what could be from the other cars..
Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I currently own a Losi 2.0 buggy and 2.0 truggy. Both vehicles have been good to me. But I found the Losi buggy need to be edgy in order to go fast and sometime I ended up making more mistakes. I can't wait to start building my new Kyosho for next season.
Attached Thumbnails What car for the 2012 season?-img_7028.jpg   What car for the 2012 season?-img_7029.jpg  
Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

If..., RC8.2.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Taiwan is not in the EU
Old 11-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

It's really amazing how many brands in the buggy class. When I started building 1/8th scale nitro buggies there wasn't even races in Houston Texas. I remember how awesome the original Kyosho Inferno was, and through the years two brands stand out as the best in my humble opinion. Kyosho and Mugen....

I had several Kyosho buggies, but the only one out of the two current buggies I've owned is the Mugen. I simply love this car.

I put the long chassis on it fairly recently and through all the cars I've had over the years it simply drives harder and very few parts wear on this car. To top it off I have yet to break a single part on this car in 2 years. The only screw that came loose was the rear brace on the chassis side, but since I put the long plastic brace on it with the long chassis that was fixed. I did need to make some adjustments to the setup from the m-spec setup but nothing crazy..

One other thing, while other cars are modding this and coming out with a fix for that, my Mugen just keeps running.

I did replace the diff o-rings with tony's o-rings, the only option part on the car besides the chassis, springs, and smaller hole black pistons in the front.....
Old 11-01-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think you will always have the MP9 bug till you own one, if you like it and feel you can be faster with....just get it.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
I think you will always have the MP9 bug till you own one, if you like it and feel you can be faster with....just get it.
I'm with this guy, you answered your own question in the beginning
Old 11-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

What ever buggy you decide to buy..trust in it and u will get better with it..all users have personal preferences..Everyone has different driving styles..I have a Jammin X2 because I got plenty of parts available here and plus lot of racers run the Jammin..Very easy to get instant help on the track if required..

Just go with your gut feeling mate..
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Why fix whats not broke? You said your Losi has been good to you
Old 11-01-2011, 12:15 PM
am
Tech Master

A lot of guys were switching to Kyosho late seasson. Some drove JQ car some drove Durango and a couple will change from Mugen to Kyosho.

What we saw from the guys switching from the Durango to Mp9 was that they suddenly became faster drivers and did less mistakes.

I drove Losi for two years, and this year a Mugen. I would say that the Mugen is a car that for me is faster. It has a wider range of setups that works very good, while i felt Losi had a much smaller window for were it were fast. Losi was also more on its toes and could not be driven as hard before making mistaks.

if i would change from Mugen, the ony were i would go is Kyosho. I belive in the strong brands witch have been around for ages. The only lemon Kyosho made was the first MP777. Even TKI international guys i have spoken to was not satified with that car and was faster with the old K3. But, it seems that the Mp 9 is alot more fragile than the Losi and Mugen. The last race in Norway, atleast 4 kyoshos broke front arms in the finale and semi finales.. Obnly car that breaks more is JQ, but guys here in Norway do not have all updated plastics.

What is more important is, parts avalability, several guys runnign the same car as you, so you can get help with setups. Theese are more important factors than the chassis itself.