Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Who has the best prices for EDS and Hudy tools? >

Who has the best prices for EDS and Hudy tools?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has the best prices for EDS and Hudy tools?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Who has the best prices for EDS and Hudy tools?

Well, ive reached that point where I definitely need some better quality tools. My question is, who has the best prices on Hudy tools and also EDS tools? I have noticed that Hudy seems to be a little bit higher in price than EDS, but are they actually better than EDS? Thanks!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Suspended

Hudy is the snap-on of tools. They seem to last for ever. Nothing better imo. You get what you pay for
Old 10-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well I have EDS hex wrenches (imperial and metric) for over a year and I must say I'm really pleased with them. Can't argue with HUDY quality (several friends of mine have them) but I really don't think EDS lack of quality. Can't say for sure that they are as good as HUDY but the price is considerably better. One thing I can say: after more than 1 year wrenching every weekend with them they are as good as new. Now it's up to you. As for prices I bought mine in jespares but I live in Portugal so maybe you could get better prices in the USA.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I compared the 2 as much as I could before I bought tools. Both are great. The selling point for me is my friend has a Hudy set that's 10 years old and they still felt new. I also put together what I needed from both brands, and the price difference was minimal, so I went with Hudy.

I ordered mine from http://rcmarket.com.hk/ they were by far the cheapest I could find and I had 0 issues with them. They are in Hong Kong, but I got my order in a week I believe. I know it was less than 2 weeks, I was shocked at how fast they arrived.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I just bought one of the 25 piece custom sets from eds, and I am extremely happy with the tools. I cannot compare them to hudy as I don't own any hudy, but I do not regret the decision at all. I bought mine straight through the site. I did get the personalized set, which is nice, but now I can never sell them, if I needed to for some reason. I have only had them for a couple weeks, but have rebuilt my 1/8 late model and my sprint and there is no sign of wear, not even a scratch. The tools are extremely light weight and have a very secure grip. No regrets here. I got every tool I need from eds for half the price as hudy, and because I got to choose the tools I wanted, there are none in my kit that won't be used. This was a big selling point for me. I'm not sure where to buy them other than the site, so good luck with that. Either direction you go you will end up with top of the line tools, just need to decide if you like red or black.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

If your getting hex wrenches I vote for mip
Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tony montana
+1
Old 10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
I just bought one of the 25 piece custom sets from eds, and I am extremely happy with the tools. I cannot compare them to hudy as I don't own any hudy, but I do not regret the decision at all. I bought mine straight through the site. I did get the personalized set, which is nice, but now I can never sell them, if I needed to for some reason. I have only had them for a couple weeks, but have rebuilt my 1/8 late model and my sprint and there is no sign of wear, not even a scratch. The tools are extremely light weight and have a very secure grip. No regrets here. I got every tool I need from eds for half the price as hudy, and because I got to choose the tools I wanted, there are none in my kit that won't be used. This was a big selling point for me. I'm not sure where to buy them other than the site, so good luck with that. Either direction you go you will end up with top of the line tools, just need to decide if you like red or black.
Yea the 25 piece custom set does appeal to me for the very reason that I can get any 25 tools that I actually need..
Old 10-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hey thanks for all of the input guys, I appreciate it!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

+2....the best IMO
Old 10-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick-O
+2....the best IMO
Gotta web addy so I can check em out?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abqNitro
Gotta web addy so I can check em out?
Hudy is overrated IMHO. MIP makes a great product.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...ools&x=10&y=14
Old 11-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

+3
Old 11-01-2011, 11:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I own a full set of EDS tools and a few Hudy tools as a well. They are both top notch in quality and durability. I have no issues with either brand. The EDS tools are a lot more cost effective than the HUDY tools and wear just as well IMO.

Never tried the MIP brand.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:03 PM
am
Tech Master

I have had lots of Hudy tools. And i thnk they are overrated... I was importing Crono to Norway and we bought Crono RS tools, made by HOBAO. RS tools do not wear down as fast Hudy. I bought Hudy hex tools for my electric screwdriver, i have worn out two pices of 2mm hextip this year... Thats not good at all!

But, i am a tool whore, so i got an offer to buy a Hudy toolset, engraved with my name on, i bought it :-)) Abseloutly the best looking tools out there in the limited edition lightweight version.

A couple of friends of mine bought Mip tools many many years ago and they are still exelent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.