Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Who has the best prices for EDS and Hudy tools? >

Who has the best prices for EDS and Hudy tools?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has the best prices for EDS and Hudy tools?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

I have also been using EDS and Hudy tools for several years. I have a complete EDS tool bag and I like them a lot.

Anyway, the last year I have replaced the most used, and hardest working hexes, with MIP Thorp (the 1.5mm and 2mm) due to wear. The MIP Thorp seems, at least to me, to be of higher quality than the the above.

When that is said I also have some old Align (helicopter) hexes that show minimal wear despite being worked really hard.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have a full set of EDS and really like them. Pretty much all I use now. I think they are good quality and value. I have turnbuckle wrenches, metric, sae, power tips, and arm reamers.

I do replace the tip about once a year though on my 2.0mm which seems to get the most abuse. All the others are still going strong on the original tips.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The MIP's are nice but there overall size of each driver takes up a lot more room than the EDS style. Personally, I've been using the old Dynamite red set for a while and cant complain about quality, not rounding or anything...but I am thinking EDS is my next purchase...
Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

look for silver tips. mip, dynamite, rd logics...

hudy might have been good in the past, but are the fastest wearing tools of them all now. I replave the tips with dynamite as they wear out, i like the hudy handles.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Put it to you this way. I have had 3/32 mip hex wrench since 1996. The thing still works great. Hudy does make good tools but I have broke several tips
Old 11-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What's the deal with the Turnigy brand tools? Says the tips are hardened steel, but the price is low enough to make me skeptical of their actual quality.