R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceefreak View Post
pickle are u using the springs that come with the kit or some of the option springs?
Both, all depends on the track conditions. I will adjust the suspension as needed. Right now, it has the stock silver springs on it.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. After some reading in both threads I decided to go with the mugen for the simple reason of parts support. Seemed there was an issue with some parts for the xray being on backorder for sometime and the way I drive I'm gonna need parts.
rceefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. After some reading in both threads I decided to go with the mugen for the simple reason of parts support. Seemed there was an issue with some parts for the xray being on backorder for sometime and the way I drive I'm gonna need parts.

Your not going to regret your decison. You also wont need too many parts as they dont break!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis1432 View Post
Your not going to regret your decison. You also wont need too many parts as they dont break!
A arms get em.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcion View Post
A arms get em.
Lots of them, seriously. I saw several Mugens break today and yesterday at the finals.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #21
Tech Elite

they dont break that easy unless you really hit something. ive been running mugen buggy and truggy for a good while now and havent broke one truggy arm and only 2 fronts and 1 rear...if you do break them, boil them for 15-20 min and they will withstand alot more
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:32 AM   #22
Tech Regular

The 6 is a great buggy, I race truggy mainly, but took part ina 6 hour endurance race athe weekend with my 6 buggy. There were 5 of us in a team, 4 of us race truggy so we are not used to buggy. There were some big jumps and crashes and the only thing to break was a servo horn and clutch bell, not an "A" arm broken in site
Ross71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Thanks for the advice on the arms. Ido have mugen truggies and must say I have broken arms, but not one of them wasnt my fault. Seems like it is always the left one. Anyone wanna trade some rights for some lefts?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Funny how the guys with XRAY in their sig are tellng us Mugens break arms.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #25
Tech Master

how do they say? it's funny cause it's true seriously, im sure the "better" drivers out there wont break anything as often as a beginner. im still learning, like my friends with their mugens (normal mbx6), durangos and Rc8's..., and we wreck ALL the time and we wreck big, and i can honestly say that both 808's i have own now (09, and '011) was the stronger buggy by miles..the weakest being the Rc8...and this is based on what we actually see breaking every weekend not what a friend of a friend has told his grandma's dog. that being said...i won't not buy a mugen, they are great, but for now my bulletproof 808 is just what i need. just be happy with what you got and stop the constant [email protected] contest, you'll always end up doubting wether you got the best or not. if YOU bought a thunder tiger TT04 that should be the best car in the world in your eyes in that moment of time jeez, just enjoy your TOY, cause thats what it is

cheers
Old 11-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #26
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks for the advice on the arms. Ido have mugen truggies and must say I have broken arms, but not one of them wasnt my fault. Seems like it is always the left one. Anyone wanna trade some rights for some lefts?
LOL. I have broken two arms just on the left side too...but on my MBX6T.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:49 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
how do they say? it's funny cause it's true seriously, im sure the "better" drivers out there wont break anything as often as a beginner. im still learning, like my friends with their mugens (normal mbx6), durangos and Rc8's..., and we wreck ALL the time and we wreck big, and i can honestly say that both 808's i have own now (09, and '011) was the stronger buggy by miles..the weakest being the Rc8...and this is based on what we actually see breaking every weekend not what a friend of a friend has told his grandma's dog. that being said...i won't not buy a mugen, they are great, but for now my bulletproof 808 is just what i need. just be happy with what you got and stop the constant [email protected] contest, you'll always end up doubting wether you got the best or not. if YOU bought a thunder tiger TT04 that should be the best car in the world in your eyes in that moment of time jeez, just enjoy your TOY, cause thats what it is

cheers

+1
Ross71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:23 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RC8.2 nough said!!
(yea im guna be that guy, im bored at work lol)
Jammin X1CR FTE, Corraly RDX Phi 09, 3Racing F1-09
Jammin#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Hey Jammin #2, its ok to be that guy. lol. I do have a question. I am hearing that the 6 tank causes irratic tunes? Anyone having this issue?
Old 11-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

cheers
Tell'em Sideshow Bob, there is no best buggy......+2
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote