R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinloudprod View Post
theres no plug at all. no wire hangin off either so I am guessen glow plug. Cant I just use like a torch or something to heat it up? Are glow plugs and glow plug warmers expensive? I bought this car cheap for a mess around project not a money pit.
yes you must have a glow plug and glow plug ignitor. It all depends on if it is a turbo plug and no-turbo plug. I am guessing it will probably be a non-turbo glow plug. These are about five bucks and the glow ignitor is about the same. You can get one that takes a D cell battery that will work. This is the wrong hobby to get into if you are looking for a cheap mess around project. LOL.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by YANMAN View Post
yes you must have a glow plug and glow plug ignitor. It all depends on if it is a turbo plug and no-turbo plug. I am guessing it will probably be a non-turbo glow plug. These are about five bucks and the glow ignitor is about the same. You can get one that takes a D cell battery that will work. This is the wrong hobby to get into if you are looking for a cheap mess around project. LOL.
Well I got a traxxas rustler that I bought for $15 running with the stock 20T stinger n it. just n the pass couple weeks spent a few hundred went lipo with brushless and that is my high speed money pit car. I bought this for a project. Mostly just for the axel and gearing for it. If the engin works I may modify it into like a 1/8 or 1/5 truck Build my own chassis and suspension and such....I am a handy guy like that. Just never did research on a nitro engin, never worked on one so I am clueless. It says xtm 75 from searchin I think its xtm .75 but IDK. I am about to pull the engin off and clean it up right after I post pics. Everything will be moved to my other thread so there is not multiple threads of this. Please post any info to this thread here to help me out.

another noob to nitro
ridinloudprod is offline   Reply With Quote