Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Traxxas jato 3.3 HELP! >

Traxxas jato 3.3 HELP!

Traxxas jato 3.3 HELP!

Old 10-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Traxxas jato 3.3 HELP!

Hi
I have a traxxas jato 3.3 and have run about 1 gallon of fuel through it. It will not start and I have checked glow plug using touching on block method. There are no pinhole cracks in fuel line and fuel is definitely reaching carb but not any further, I found this out by blowing in the pipes etc. Engine turns over fine but the last time I used it I remember seeing some dirt on piston when I was doing the after run procedure. I have tried different HSN settings and idle is at 1.5 mm. The only thing I can think it could be is something inside the carb so I am going to try and take that apart but I thought to get some feedback before I go and start rippin it apart.

Also, the truck sounds different to how it used to when it's starting a different engine noise. Could this be something to do with the dirt I saw in there?
Thanks ~

UPDATE------
I have taken the head off the engine and the piston has a hole/dent in it I have tried putting white spirit down there (a thin liquid) and it goes down so their is definitely a hole right through. Do I have warranty an is it easy to change? Also how did it happen???

Last edited by Rockertom; 10-22-2011 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Changed
Old 10-22-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

did you run the engine without using air filter?
Old 10-23-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb330/rockertom1/image-1.jpg

No ii always used air filter
I took the engine to the shop where I bought the car and they are sending it back to the manufactures to complain and as the piston is 65£ and the head is like 50£ I hope they replace them!
Here are some images of the damage

Link in title
Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

that hole can happen if the engine overheated (too lean carb setting), if the piston can not withstand such heat it will be melted
or the engine has too high compression that cause detonation
but the piston still looks new...factory error? hmmm...