R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt racing View Post
.... to clear things a little:

battle won but the european champs because of his 9 min fuel strategy BUT the euros were absolutely dominated by guske & reckward with the eu kit & standard battery mount !! they were clearly the fastest guys there & they used standard eu kits !
Thats why they steel kept the orginal battery box in the rear, now you can depending on track change your battery spot on the chassis.
The 44t spur is also a nice tunning option to have just like the 48t i use on small tracks with short run ups to jumps that realy helps alot with clearing them with out loosing to much top speed.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulus View Post
Thats why they steel kept the orginal battery box in the rear, now you can depending on track change your battery spot on the chassis.
The 44t spur is also a nice tunning option to have just like the 48t i use on small tracks with short run ups to jumps that realy helps alot with clearing them with out loosing to much top speed.
I for one like the changes can't wait to get myself one
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #18
Tech Addict

personally i would of liked to of seen a one piece batt/rec lid and captured pins, the current ones are good but captured would make working on the car that much easier, tbh should of just been a running change to the radio tray and no need to even change the name
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wooo 6r price is 600 or less! No complaints!!!

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt racing View Post
.... to clear things a little:
battle won but the european champs because of his 9 min fuel strategy !
absolutely why he won the euros, im sure the 20 odd seconds he gained were the difference between the win and last place , yes to be able to run 9 mins when the rest of the field were running 8 is an advantage but roof it once and have a slow marshall and that advantage is gone, on the other hand why didnt any of the 10 minute fuel stop boys win!!!!!

Quote:
BUT the euros were absolutely dominated by guske & reckward with the eu kit & standard battery mount !! they were clearly the fastest guys there & they used standard eu kits
yes without doubt the fastest guys there..... to clear things a little:
they used the standard layout, im sure the rest of the kit were a little far from standard, they were also two of a handful of racers to run the new RB tyres which seemed to work extremely well at that particular venue, possibly even to the point of being an advantage.

anyway back on topic,

aside from what i have posted already I am a little dissapointed that they havent done more, yes the car works really well but there is always room for improvement, the MBX6 has been around a good while now and aside from updates along the way is essentially the same car raced at the 2008 worlds, in a way this is good news that the competitiveness of the car is still there but personally i would of been happier to of seen a new kit, lets see what happens next year!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:25 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Nice looking ride
Old 10-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any of the Mugen drivers, or any one els know if they will make an updadt kit like Xray did?
http://zaneskate.wix.com/zmanpaint
Z-Man. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Man. View Post
Any of the Mugen drivers, or any one els know if they will make an updadt kit like Xray did?
All parts besides tray is available. But i dont think they will be doing a 6 to 6r conversion kit. Its possible but i dont think they will.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

anyway back on topic,

aside from what i have posted already I am a little dissapointed that they havent done more, yes the car works really well but there is always room for improvement, the MBX6 has been around a good while now and aside from updates along the way is essentially the same car raced at the 2008 worlds, in a way this is good news that the competitiveness of the car is still there but personally i would of been happier to of seen a new kit, lets see what happens next year![/QUOTE]

+1
You can make a 6r rite now!
Bobcat,
08supermoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default eu

when you guys say "eu" what is that???????????
Old 10-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #26
am
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow coach View Post
absolutely why he won the euros, im sure the 20 odd seconds he gained were the difference between the win and last place , yes to be able to run 9 mins when the rest of the field were running 8 is an advantage but roof it once and have a slow marshall and that advantage is gone, on the other hand why didnt any of the 10 minute fuel stop boys win!!!!!

yes without doubt the fastest guys there..... to clear things a little:
they used the standard layout, im sure the rest of the kit were a little far from standard, they were also two of a handful of racers to run the new RB tyres which seemed to work extremely well at that particular venue, possibly even to the point of being an advantage.

anyway back on topic,

aside from what i have posted already I am a little dissapointed that they havent done more, yes the car works really well but there is always room for improvement, the MBX6 has been around a good while now and aside from updates along the way is essentially the same car raced at the 2008 worlds, in a way this is good news that the competitiveness of the car is still there but personally i would of been happier to of seen a new kit, lets see what happens next year!
Acctually, Battle did win the Euros because of his fuel startegy. I have seen the finale, and if he had been on Recwards startegy, he would got third... He has even said so himself..... He got a really bad start and had to work very hard to catch up, witch he did because Dani and Jerome made a few mistakes midway through the finale...

Aslo, a 10 minute fuelstop is not doing you any good, you have to do 11:40 to be on 4 stops. 9 minutes gives you 5 stops and 8 minutes gives you 6 stops.. You really need to work on your tactics
;-)

Anyway, we found that the Eu is a faster car overall than the standard car, for us. You have to change the setup abit but it works very well :-)

I also found after testing, if you moved the battery up front (60grams lipo) and took away the radiobox, the car is no longer as good to drive and jump. You actually need the weight of the radiobox at the back of the chassis. Best balance is with the radiobox sitting were its always been and a lipo up front And yes, you can move the battery around, but you will never do. Third positive thing is, if you have a rain race you can actually hide your battery for alot of the water and mud.
Top Elite distributor Norway
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dually350 View Post
when you guys say "eu" what is that???????????

EU version came out a few months ago. It's standard mbx6 with new long chassis, alu rear arm mount, new springs in box, mugen servo horn.

Personally I though in new mbx6r will be more parts from Worlds, for example: new one piece engine mount, new antenna place on box, new rear mud guards etc.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #28
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by am View Post
Acctually, Battle did win the Euros because of his fuel startegy. I have seen the finale, and if he had been on Recwards startegy, he would got third... He has even said so himself..... He got a really bad start and had to work very hard to catch up, witch he did because Dani and Jerome made a few mistakes midway through the finale...

Aslo, a 10 minute fuelstop is not doing you any good, you have to do 11:40 to be on 4 stops. 9 minutes gives you 5 stops and 8 minutes gives you 6 stops.. You really need to work on your tactics
;-)

you presume that you would run the full 10 mins for all the stops, in reality all you need is 4 10 min runs and you then have a flexible quick fill somewhere, bad start no probs come in early after 5 mins splash and dash get out with hopefully some clear track get some good laps in to get you ahead when the next round of fuel stops kick in, tactics are good over here we arent set to any preset time restraints we adapt to whats happening, however you need fuel mileage to allow this to happen if you dont you have to run to your max time .

anyway what i meant was he still had to drive the car round the track not making any major crashes that would lose him time, yes fuel mileage helped him along but he still had to drive the car to the finish.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is it safe to safe the MBX7 is on the horizon with the release of the 6R? Going off Mugens history the 5R was released and not too long after the MBX6 was released. If history repeats then I would say its safe to assume the 7 is in the works.

That being said I will be sporting the new 6R for next season. Its got everything I need right outta the box. Gonna be a hard platform to beat in my eyes. I have been racing them for 2 years and i think all I have done is replace a few front arms. Maintain them, race them and WIN!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

WC is on december 2012.....

is my opinion that losi 3, mp10, and mbx7 could be used at WC.... is normal after 4-5 year project.. i think.
turboboost is offline   Reply With Quote