R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,008
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson78 View Post
The first day it was listed it was at 469.00 I believe. We have worked with the MFG to get a good street price and have asked all of our retailers sell for the same price. So the reason for the change was because we asked them to change it so that all of our retailers are in line with one another and with what the MFG has approved. Nothing more Nothing less.

Thanks

Jason
nvmd..
__________________
Sfida
t8rtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default

wrong hobby if your on a budget.....with that said, i can barely afford to race either.
ryan sparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janderson78 View Post
There could be a million reasons. To speculate would be just that...

I can tell you the reason for the increase in the SWorkz has nothing to do with anything you all are thinking.

The first day it was listed it was at 469.00 I believe. We have worked with the MFG to get a good street price and have asked all of our retailers sell for the same price. So the reason for the change was because we asked them to change it so that all of our retailers are in line with one another and with what the MFG has approved. Nothing more Nothing less.

Thanks

Jason
With MAP pricing, no one can advertise it for less. Horizon is very strict on this policy. In store, you can sell them for what you want. It's against the law for anyone to dictate in-store pricing. For now, online stores will list the product at MAP but once in the shopping cart, the price drops. Probably not long before they crack down on that as well.
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
My guess is they follow the hype or winning car/manufacture sells on price choice for the week. The day a mbx6 is at 500 again then i will be in order lol.
If you need a Mugen, just get in touch with me. Probably give you a price that you will never find.
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #20
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
It's against the law for anyone to dictate in-store pricing.
I own a furniture store and Serta has a special brand of mattresses that they dictate how much it can be sold for. If you want to carry it you have to abide by their rules. Its only against the law if you dont know about it or agree to it before hand. Chassis factories can do the same thing if they want. Tell dealers they cant carry the product if they dont agree to sell it for a certain amount. When dealing with a company like A main who sells a million dollars + a month worth of product, they get to do pretty much anything they want. In the USA if a product is not carried by A-main the company will fold rather quickly, or at least not be very successful.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
Nitro Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Near a beach
Posts: 1,400
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Just recently I noticed the opposite, the Xray XB808 has droped from $599 to $569 on Amain. Is a new model coming out?? I did hear a rumor of a new model, weather that's true or not?
__________________
Wade Lazich- NSW 1/8 IC State Delegate.
Thankyou for your support- Werks Racing USA/ Pro Rc Supplies/ Aka Aust./ Ryper Hobbies

LRD- Australian distributor of Werks Race Blend 30% fuel. Dedicated solely to the supply of racing products for 1/8 scale nitro Rc. -lazrd.com.au-
Nitro Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #22
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

Rumored to be a new Xray 2012 as heard from Reno......
__________________
TLR 22B
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #23
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

hum well the losis and the associated 1/8 scales look about the same price at amain

Some parts on amain hobbies are cheaper than others not much though but their shipping price is pretty dam good but it is in cali so you know how that goes.

But thier are other online shops like stormer hobbies and gs hobby that are much cheaper out of anybody really.
__________________
Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Hitec 7954sh, mamba monster 2200kv, airtronics MX-3 X. Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Mugen MBX6 ECO .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:08 AM   #24
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I own a furniture store and Serta has a special brand of mattresses that they dictate how much it can be sold for. If you want to carry it you have to abide by their rules. Its only against the law if you dont know about it or agree to it before hand. Chassis factories can do the same thing if they want. Tell dealers they cant carry the product if they dont agree to sell it for a certain amount. When dealing with a company like A main who sells a million dollars + a month worth of product, they get to do pretty much anything they want. In the USA if a product is not carried by A-main the company will fold rather quickly, or at least not be very successful.
But doesn't this vary depending on the state law in this country?
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #25
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,925
Default

Seem to be huge discounts on RB engines all over the place..

Makes me wonder if RB is slashing prices for a while to get a bigger foothold or something..

Don't know if that happens with kits though.

And yeah, Amain changes prices a lot. That's not all bad though. One, you can get good prices there. And two, it's good for them. Keeps you looking..

Does Absolutehobbyz do discount codes? New to them..
__________________
-Team Associated RC8.2, RC8T CE, & SC8 with 1.) Argus A52/0801, 2.) RB Fire 11/2058 or 053, 3.) RB Blast V9/2045, 4.) Nosram RS.30RR/JP-4, & 5.) modded Nosram RS.21RR/086
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #26
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
But doesn't this vary depending on the state law in this country?
Yes but its not illegal if you agree to it..If XRAY (RCA) (just an example) decided that all the kits must be sold at $599 either in shop or on-line and the only way you could carry the product is if you agree to it, then they are not breaking the law. There is no law that determines which vendors allow you to buy their products. Any Vendor is free to decline your account or take it away if you dont agree to their terms. Unfortunately for us there are no laws that dictate what those terms can or cannot be.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #27
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
Seem to be huge discounts on RB engines all over the place..

Makes me wonder if RB is slashing prices for a while to get a bigger foothold or something..

Don't know if that happens with kits though.

And yeah, Amain changes prices a lot. That's not all bad though. One, you can get good prices there. And two, it's good for them. Keeps you looking..

Does Absolutehobbyz do discount codes? New to them..
Absolutehobbyz does do discount codes. Theirs a thread for codes somewhere ...
__________________
TLR 22B
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post

their shipping price is pretty dam good but it is in cali so you know how that goes.
I don't really get it. Could you explain further?
__________________
TPJ International
071crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #29
Tech Elite
 
Limywidget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,492
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Shipping to California causes cancer.
__________________
www.ROCCKracing.com
Bacon is meat candy without the fussy wrapper...
"Equations are the Devil's sentences." - Colbert
OODA loop: Observe-Overreact-Destroy-Apologize
Limywidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Yes but its not illegal if you agree to it..If XRAY (RCA) (just an example) decided that all the kits must be sold at $599 either in shop or on-line and the only way you could carry the product is if you agree to it, then they are not breaking the law. There is no law that determines which vendors allow you to buy their products. Any Vendor is free to decline your account or take it away if you dont agree to their terms. Unfortunately for us there are no laws that dictate what those terms can or cannot be.
From what I have found out today, it is Federal law, not state law, however the state can add to it if they want. Under Federal law it falls under price fixation. The only way it can be different is like you say, you agree to it. I can't see anyone trying this in RC. RC falls under the want list not the need list. Way to much competition in this area of retail.

As for prices going up, the only price increases that we have been made aware of currently has been Traxxas and HPI/HB. These are increases across the board, not just selected items.
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits. DJ1978 Electric Off-Road 19923 06-12-2017 05:16 AM
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32167 05-02-2017 10:20 PM
cheapest prices on P.T's lotus1 Electric On-Road 42 04-29-2005 05:18 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:00 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net