R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-15-2011, 01:58 AM   #31
Tech Addict

if your worried about buying second hand off a forum head down your local track or shop and ask if theres anything for sale, at least that way you could check it over before parting ways with the cash, if you go buggy in theory the weak parts mentioned for the truggy should have a slightly easier time and last a while longer, RTR are good at getting you running cheap and thats the main problem in the "long term" the parts are not as good to get the kit out at the price, for bashing fine no probs but racing is another thing altogether, at the end of the day its down to what you can afford and if thats the RTR then thats the best way forward for you it might cost a bit more in the long run but its a cost thats absorbed over a period of time which makes it easier anyway, if you buy new dont get sucked into the hype that you will need xxx motor or xxx servo etc etc there are very good reliable products priced well that are raceable without spending $1000's.

Good luck
a win on the lottery :D
slow coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I went to our local state race today, and a good friend that I met years ago through racing just recently switched to serpent vehicles, so I picked up his 3 race old all Titanium losi 2.0B and his brand new only broken in +4 for 400$ today.

Super stoked about it, going to get it in a couple weeks hes gonna go through it and make sure it's 100% good to go, replace stuff.

THIS is why I love this hobby.

Thanks for the help guys, so stoked right now, im going to be purchasing some Savox servos, and a pipe for the +4 any ideas on those 2 items??
Captcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

all titainium? as in the turnbuckles etc?

make sure you buy the TG savox servos or the SG ones. they rock sox in losi's.

as for pipe pop over to the nova thread and ask on what pipe is best all around.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yea turn buckles hubs and carriers.
Captcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #35

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Sounds like good deal! You won't be dissapointed in the engine or buggy.

A lot of local guys have had really good luck with the Savox servos, and they're cheap.

i personally run 7955 throttle and brake with a unregulated lipo for buggy and truggy. They're very reliable servos, and are plenty fast/strong on 7.2v, more than you will ever need. Plus they are pretty good on amp draw as well.

For pipes, go with the 2021 header and either the 9901ss or 2096ss pipe. Basically the same, but the 2096ss will have more power overall (as per Monty Houston)
Muggydude is offline   Reply With Quote