Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen-Serpent or RC8T

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not trying to start some internet war here but you say to drop the RC8T without stating why??
Iv had my RC8T CE for a season now and have loved it. No complaints other then Im having a lil trouble getting it geared right.
It turns (dont use stock setup), its durable and trust me iv more then pushed those limits lol.

Originally Posted by stuntryda
sold it that fast huh? you should have drove it ! youll turn faster lap times with an E buggy or E truggy any day of the week that is if you can drive it ! everyone always over powers them runs way to big of pinion for that all out blistering top speed ect.. electric will dominate a nitro on the track hands down!
electric is a different animal and you have to taylor your driving habits and set ups a bit differently but they are definatly faster all the way around! on that 90degree turn to a triple nitro forget about it electric pull trigger and let fly!

and as far as MUGEN SERPENT RC8T drop the RC8T right off the bat, mugens flat out will out turn anything on the market, suspension wise by far the best out, weakest point front lower arms, im in the process of having 40 sets cut out of delrin with the inner web left solid, testing shows 19,000lbs shear force to break where as stock its around 9,000 .

dont know about serpent everyone says they are rock solid and im sure they are, very clean looking, like the radio tray and spring steel tie rods and CVDs just dont know about their customer service but thats where you lose customers ... Im not paying 600 for a roller when i cant get a friken reply from the company about carrying them in our hobbyshop... you got a problem with mugen call chris moore, hes sent me diff gears, front arms, ect.. CUSTOMER SERVICE is key
Old 10-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jammin#2
Not trying to start some internet war here but you say to drop the RC8T without stating why??
Iv had my RC8T CE for a season now and have loved it. No complaints other then Im having a lil trouble getting it geared right.
It turns (dont use stock setup), its durable and trust me iv more then pushed those limits lol.

Because some people still have the mindset that the RC8T, still has the same supension parts at the first gen factory rc8t. And some who never even ran the truck.

Yea the rc8tce is tough for sure likes to be driven hard if you ask me.
The stock setup is not for eveybody the one adjustment i found to be the best, is changing the upper pivot inserts to 2 up that will give you mad turn in into the corners !
Old 10-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Sad to hear the buggy switch isnt working all that good for ya. Contact JermeyW he might have some old setups for that buggy saved to get you closer to being dialed in.

As for truggy. I vote Mugen, Or Serpant.

I have seen many Mugens handle well, a bit britle but not so bad. Serpent's truggy has killer reviews and has my leading vote.

For the RC8T CE, lets just say 1 Day with the 2.0 Losi i was turning better laps then a year with the CE. It had turn in, and thats about all i remember that I was happy about with it. So i doubt you want to drop off the podium in truggy to.

I know TC5, you love your CE and think its better then sliced bread. In this Poll it comes in a very distant third behind the Mugen And Serpent. Sorry.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rider313
Sad to hear the buggy switch isnt working all that good for ya. Contact JermeyW he might have some old setups for that buggy saved to get you closer to being dialed in.

I have seen many Mugens handle well, a bit britle but not so bad. Serpent's truggy has killer reviews and has my leading vote.

For the RC8T CE, lets just say 1 Day with the 2.0 Losi i was turning better laps then a year with the CE. It had turn in, and thats about all i remember that I was happy about with it. So i doubt you want to drop off the podium in truggy to.

I know TC5, you love your CE and think its better then sliced bread. In this Poll it comes in a very distant third behind the Mugen And Serpent. Sorry.

its all about that the drivers like i dont care what the poll says i never said the rc8tce is the greatest .

And usally the guy who wins in the truggy class at the track i run at is a rc8tce so its all in the driver.

I finish in the podium most of the time in truggy its all in the setup and what the driver likes not the truggy.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
its all about that the drivers like i dont care what the poll says i never said the rc8tce is the greatest .

And usally the guy who wins in the truggy class at the track i run at is a rc8tce so its all in the driver.

I finish in the podium most of the time in truggy its all in the setup and what the driver likes not the truggy.
TC5, where you or anybody else finishes all depends on how good the competition was on that day. Go to a regional or national event to truly see how you stack up. I know everybody who runs an E-truggy says they are better than a nitro truggy, iv'e yet to see it. Neither myself or anybody else I know who runs nitro truggy has been outrun by an E-truggy when they kept it on the wheels. Now I haven't done any research like looking at lap times of some of the top drivers to see which truck or buggy they are faster with (electric or nitro), I just don't see a big advantage unless you just can't tune a nitro engine, and that's ok, some people just can't. Whether or not one is faster than the other ultimately doesn't matter, enjoying yourself does.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Slider30250
TC5, where you or anybody else finishes all depends on how good the competition was on that day. Go to a regional or national event to truly see how you stack up. I know everybody who runs an E-truggy says they are better than a nitro truggy, iv'e yet to see it. Neither myself or anybody else I know who runs nitro truggy has been outrun by an E-truggy when they kept it on the wheels. Now I haven't done any research like looking at lap times of some of the top drivers to see which truck or buggy they are faster with (electric or nitro), I just don't see a big advantage unless you just can't tune a nitro engine, and that's ok, some people just can't. Whether or not one is faster than the other ultimately doesn't matter, enjoying yourself does.

yea i see what your saying but im pretty sure the rc8tce finishes or is on the poduim at national races its all about the driver pretty much like i was saying.

I just usally race club races and trophy races pretty much, most people who drive a E-truggy that cant keep it on thier wheels on the ground. Is over powering theres for sure most of time, i can keep my wheels on the ground and i do some tweaking to slow it down so its easyier to drive i can keep up with the nitro truggy just fine.

To me a E-truggy is not that hard to drive compared to a E-buggy at least lol.

And yes i do enjoy myself when i race
Old 10-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

yea i see what your saying but im pretty sure the rc8tce finishes or is on the poduim at national races its all about the driver pretty much like i was saying.

I just usally race club races and trophy races pretty much, most people who drive a E-truggy that cant keep it on thier wheels on the ground. Is over powering theres for sure most of time, i can keep my wheels on the ground and i do some tweaking to slow it down so its easyier to drive i can keep up with the nitro truggy just fine.

this was not meant to be a nitro vs electric discussion, honestly i dont know why i added rc8t to the list. i was not really interested in the associated. mainly just the serpent or mugen. i think i have my mind made up on the serpent, alot of positive things said about it and watched many vids and read over 100 pages on both mugen and serpent, i will be running the michigan points series starting in febuary and traveling all over, and doubt i will see a serpent in the hole points series, except for mine
Old 10-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
this was not meant to be a nitro vs electric discussion, honestly i dont know why i added rc8t to the list. i was not really interested in the associated. mainly just the serpent or mugen. i think i have my mind made up on the serpent, alot of positive things said about it and watched many vids and read over 100 pages on both mugen and serpent, i will be running the michigan points series starting in febuary and traveling all over, and doubt i will see a serpent in the hole points series, except for mine
Good selection
Old 10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Good selection
Agreed.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313

who needs what?? i missed the conversation but see my name came up.. yes i still have alot of my mugen and odonnell setups yet ... jeremy
Old 10-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

right out of the box i was faster with my Mugen than i had been in 2 seasons of racing my RC8T
Old 10-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by megasaxon
right out of the box i was faster with my Mugen than i had been in 2 seasons of racing my RC8T

But that the driver it cant be the brand of truggy.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by megasaxon

But that the driver it cant be the brand of truggy.

Like i said before im not a pro just your typical club racer.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by inferno13

sorry about that i really did not mean it to be about electric vs nitro .
Get whatever suits your likeing although me i rather get a truggy that has good support and what most people run for setups and other things.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
who needs what?? i missed the conversation but see my name came up.. yes i still have alot of my mugen and odonnell setups yet ... jeremy
Inferno13 doesnt want to name the brand he is driving but I happen to know you drove what he has now and can most likely help him out.

You coming to the dome in a Week and a half?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.