R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Tech Master
 
Torian4000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,119
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Hotbodies D8S

Looks like the D8 platform will be around for a while. This is good news for those of us that love our D8 based cars. I know I'm in love with my Hara D8. I'm also looking forward to the CR8 as well.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=10999
Torian4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,900
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

It's nice that HB is catering to the entry level racers, but I really wish we heard more about the CR8. No news or development reports for almost 6 months...
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
Torian4000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,119
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
It's nice that HB is catering to the entry level racers, but I really wish we heard more about the CR8. No news or development reports for almost 6 months...
I agree that I'm awaiting more news on the cr8 as well. Heres a link to a video with Josh Alton dated 08-21-2011 in which he talks about HB's current status on the CR8. Again this was two months ago.

http://vimeo.com/28185198
Torian4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,900
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
I agree that I'm awaiting more news on the cr8 as well. Heres a link to a video with Josh Alton dated 08-21-2011 in which he talks about HB's current status on the CR8. Again this was two months ago.

http://vimeo.com/28185198
cool, never seen that one yet. Hope to see it beginning of next year.
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
kgombe's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,177
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

so far thats only hot bodies europe... just like the sway bars..
kgombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

The D8S will be released in the U.S. and will be sold through the HPI side.

I think this will be great for entry level racers and for the RTR crowd. We all love racing but money is made on the RTR's.
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,900
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

They also should make an entry level e-buggy too. D8Se or something. The base of these cars is the D8, so you can hop it up as much as you need to. Though I still recommend people to build their kits so they will have a better understanding of how the car works...
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Tech Addict
 
willbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 640
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
They also should make an entry level e-buggy too. D8Se or something. The base of these cars is the D8, so you can hop it up as much as you need to. Though I still recommend people to build their kits so they will have a better understanding of how the car works...
??

They do already. The HPI Vorza has been out for awhile and has alot of parts in common with the current lineup.
__________________
HB D812, HB D8T, HB D812E, HB D413, HPI Blitz SC, Losi 22 & 22T
Special Thanks to:
HotBodies/HPI Racing, Upgrade RC, OS Speed, Sidewinder Fuels, Hitec
Proudly using: Spektrum DX4R, Viper-RC Electronics, Reedy Batteries, & Pro-Line
Cancer Sucks
willbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Aloha state
Posts: 3,039
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

wish they would come out with a full optioned D8T.
__________________
----Answer RC-USA----Stickit1 Racing----PT Racing Hawaii----808-RC----702 Raceway-----Dialed RC-----
Neesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,900
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbe View Post
??

They do already. The HPI Vorza has been out for awhile and has alot of parts in common with the current lineup.
I was thinking on basing it off the Ve8 platform. The vorza is more like a basher than a purpose built racer imo.
__________________
Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4
TLR 22 3.0
Apex RC Proshop
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:41 AM   #11
Tech Elite
 
ScottyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami OK
Posts: 3,149
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
wish they would come out with a full optioned D8T.
What options would you like? Stock out of the box is as good or better then any other truggy on the market.. Only option truelly needed is the aluminum servo horn.
__________________
Scott Musgrave
ScottyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:43 AM   #12
Tech Elite
 
ScottyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami OK
Posts: 3,149
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian4000 View Post
Looks like the D8 platform will be around for a while. This is good news for those of us that love our D8 based cars. I know I'm in love with my Hara D8. I'm also looking forward to the CR8 as well.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=10999
Well that pretty much does it for me.. I've not been happy with the Hara buggy since I got it, and now they're making a RTR too. I think I'll be jumping ship.. Might just go short course only..
__________________
Scott Musgrave
ScottyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

The basic D8 was a good car. It did need a little diet but for me and I'm sure it speaks for others when I say the 3mm chassis might be a little to light as it takes weight from the bottom of the car. The Hara to me is very twitchy. Of course most of it can be dialed out with setup. The ability for it to oversteer is what kills most people.
The best possible setup that I ever found is the designer (Josh Alton) setup that is found on the Hot Bodies website. Regardless of what your opinion might be when you see it, just try it. It works well for those of us that don't have deer like reflexes.

Like I stated, the D8S might not be what the racers are looking for but RTR sells and this is a business. For the price, $400 range depending on dealer, this is a pretty decent deal for a RTR buggy with a proven design with a backbone that won the 2008 worlds.
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
The basic D8 was a good car. It did need a little diet but for me and I'm sure it speaks for others when I say the 3mm chassis might be a little to light as it takes weight from the bottom of the car. The Hara to me is very twitchy. Of course most of it can be dialed out with setup. The ability for it to oversteer is what kills most people.
The best possible setup that I ever found is the designer (Josh Alton) setup that is found on the Hot Bodies website. Regardless of what your opinion might be when you see it, just try it. It works well for those of us that don't have deer like reflexes.

Like I stated, the D8S might not be what the racers are looking for but RTR sells and this is a business. For the price, $400 range depending on dealer, this is a pretty decent deal for a RTR buggy with a proven design with a backbone that won the 2008 worlds.
I believe that loose is faster, if you can control it. I still have a long ways to go in that department I also like tessman's base setup too.

To me, RTR is ok, but you still should take apart the car and check to see if is built properly. I've seen many instances where the car was not put together properly, and ended being a double job for the user.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotbodies Ve8 Thread joelwhite Electric Off-Road 13618 04-02-2017 06:46 PM
how much is this car worth KEEG-MAN Nitro Off-Road 30 06-21-2010 09:38 AM
HUGE sellout,D8s,D8T,radios,servos,chargers,amb's,pipes ,motors,plus a lot more jr3gone8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 45 12-18-2009 08:37 PM
hotbodies d8 yes or no slasher man Nitro Off-Road 83 12-11-2009 09:09 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:11 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net