Wiki Posts
Search

Thread lock question.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Arrow Thread lock question.....

I know I have seen it somewhere, but now I can't find it. I'm looking for a material like locktite that you put on the threads of a screw, only you wait until the liquid dries and hardens before screwing it in, so it's kind of like a locknut effect.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about??
Old 10-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

this maybe?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/product...roducts_id=383
Old 10-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by imaxx21
this maybe?

That's it!! Thanks imazz21 have you ever used this stuff before? If so, how did you like it?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

It seems like this may be a good option for engine mount screws... I ordered a bottle so I'm anxious to see how this stuff works....looks pretty cool!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick-O
It seems like this may be a good option for engine mount screws... I ordered a bottle so I'm anxious to see how this stuff works....looks pretty cool!
Just make sure you dont use to much, too much and it really makes a mess on your threads (clogs them up).
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

This stuff would be good to have at those moment for screws in plastics for backing out issues would this work?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
This stuff would be good to have at those moment for screws in plastics for backing out issues would this work?
bigjayjay1
I'm currently field testing a "thread locker" that was formulated specifically for RC application. Its cure rate is a couple of minutes compared to hours.It is also self wicking which allows you to apply it on exposed threads (without taking nuts and bolts a part) and it penetrates the threads of screws, bolts and nuts.
The 2nd "thread locker" was developed for bonds between screws and plastic So they dont vibrate loose during those 20-40 minutes mains!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
bigjayjay1
I'm currently field testing a "thread locker" that was formulated specifically for RC application. Its cure rate is a couple of minutes compared to hours.It is also self wicking which allows you to apply it on exposed threads (without taking nuts and bolts a part) and it penetrates the threads of screws, bolts and nuts.
The 2nd "thread locker" was developed for bonds between screws and plastic So they dont vibrate loose during those 20-40 minutes mains!!!
I'm looking forward to hearing your results.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
bigjayjay1
So you will be able to add to all screws going into plastics adding more resistance for it to back out I'm talking about the a-arms. I'm interested would save me some $$ since i change out plastics cause of this issue.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Loctite actually makes a 'plastic' thread lock. I bought some just to try out. I think its supposed to be for plastic to plastic apps, but ive used it on a couple screws just to see how it goes. So far so good, but we'll see. My suspision is thats its just glorified clear nail polish but im not sure. Its real sticky, and it says to use nail polish remover to get it off. Go figure.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skye b.
Loctite actually makes a 'plastic' thread lock. I bought some just to try out. I think its supposed to be for plastic to plastic apps, but ive used it on a couple screws just to see how it goes. So far so good, but we'll see. My suspision is thats its just glorified clear nail polish but im not sure. Its real sticky, and it says to use nail polish remover to get it off. Go figure.

Its called CA.