Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hsp 1:8 nitro buggy throttle trim wrong

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation hsp 1:8 nitro buggy throttle trim wrong

hai everyone im new to the rc world... so spare a thought for a second please!!!

my problem is when i go to start my car it wants to take off all the time so ive turned down the throttle trim on the remote; but when ever i go to give it some gas its riding on the breaks and breaks suddenly all the time

i dont know what parts are called so its hard to say

what im wondering is how do i get the throttle trimming on the remote adjusted properally? so that the car dosnt want to take off all the time without turning down the throttle trim shouldnt have to keep doing it?

it should be in a netural state but its open to much and wants to take off so please someone can surly make some sence of all thus and help me out? its like its 6th-9th run since ive had

so a re-run of problem

im wanting to be able to adjust the throttle trimm on the remote to a netural state on the car so it just idles without taking off; or without turning down the throttle trim...

I thank you inadvance as thus would a great deal to me if could help me out

cheers
Sythey
Old 10-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It could be your throttle linkage, or more likely the idle gap in your carb.

To check, set your trim back to what it was prior to changing it (neutral I assume).
1. Turn the car on (engine off though) and look at your throttle linkage and carb slide.

2. With the throttle at neutral the carb slide should be completely closed with little to no tension on the throttle linkage.

3. Slowly pull and release the throttle and watch the carb slide. It should open smoothly and when released it should return to the fully closed position.

4. Do the same for the brakes, again watch the carb slide as you pull and release the trigger. The carb slide shouldn't move at all on the brakes, only the braking mechanism.

If the above tests check out, your linkage is setup ok and you can move on to the idle gap. If not, you will need to adjust the throttle linkage a bit. I am terrible at throttle linkage, so if that is indeed your problem, ill leave that to someone else to describe.

If the throttle linkage checks out, your problem is likely the idle gap in your engine's carb. The wider the gap, the more air gets into the gas mixture. This will increase rpms causing the fast idle you are experiencing. To fix it, you just need to adjust the adjust the idle screw to decrease the gap. Usually counter-clockwise will decrease idle gap. But refer to your engine/vehicle documentation. It should have the location of the idle screw, and the direction to rotate the screw to decrease the idle gap. Just make sure to make small changes to the screw. 1/8 of a turn at a time. If you close it too much, the engine wont get enough air, and wont start/idle.