Wiki Posts
Search

hong nor x2 buggy vs mbx6, losi 2.0 and newer buggys

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default hong nor x2 buggy vs mbx6, losi 2.0 and newer buggys

hi there
i was owner of mbx6, xray 808, losi 2.0 eu, rc8b and agama buggies.

i can not find lot infos of drivers about the x2 buggy compared with newer buggys.

is the x2 buggy competive emough compared with the newer buggies?

i know that anew hong nor is coming but i want to hear/ read pro and contras about the x2. is the buggy to heavy?
there is a lot stuff to read about the truggy, but not so much about the buggy versiom.

thank you for your help
Old 10-02-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All the others buggies you mentioned will be faster than the X2 in the hands of the same driver.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not necessarily.

The x2 is not the most nimble buggy, but if you're an aggressive driver it will suit you better than a Losi.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

"All the others buggies you mentioned will be faster than the X2 in the hands of the same driver."

its easy to write something like this but why is this so?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Amen for Mugen...
Thats all i have to say

The Hong Nor does look very interesting i must say myself!!

//Zachattak
Old 10-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mihaelbencek
"All the others buggies you mentioned will be faster than the X2 in the hands of the same driver."

its easy to write something like this but why is this so?
It's untrue, simply put.

I know of one guy who became faster and more consistent going from a Losi to a X2. Depends on your driving style.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Used to raced a x2 and then i switched to hotbodies and never looked back. The x2 used to be a tank but i noticed the quality of the parts were down and broke easier than normal. Still is a tuff buggy. Hard to compare to the new technology. I switched from hotbodies hara to the sworkz and the buggy is so easy to drive and my lap times are faster. All the buggys have their own caracteristics and some will suit different people better than others.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by neobart
It's untrue, simply put.

I know of one guy who became faster and more consistent going from a Losi to a X2. Depends on your driving style.
Perhaps that driver was not able to handle the quicker response or less forgiving nature of the Losi. The Jammin was a tank and would forgive you for being less precise, but it won't be as quick as any of the aforementioned cars in the hands of one who can handle it. If the guy you know went faster with the X2 than the Losi, I bet he would love the Mugen. It's sticks better than the Losi and can be pushed hard like the X2 but will definitely yield better lap times than the X2.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joey Powell
Perhaps that driver was not able to handle the quicker response or less forgiving nature of the Losi. The Jammin was a tank and would forgive you for being less precise, but it won't be as quick as any of the aforementioned cars in the hands of one who can handle it. If the guy you know went faster with the X2 than the Losi, I bet he would love the Mugen. It's sticks better than the Losi and can be pushed hard like the X2 but will definitely yield better lap times than the X2.
if your statement were correct I should not be holding the fastest lap at our local track.The buggy i used to do this is a sportwerks turmoil pro. powered by a losi 350.
It is the driver that makes the car. not the other way around.once your skills have grown to the point that your equipment no longer can keep up with you than go head and change. but it will probably take gallons of fuel before your faster with the new car than you were with the old.
Mark
Old 10-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

I currently drive the X2 and find it to be a stable buggy. It does feel heavier to drive than the hotbodies and the Xray ( I know it was not on the list but I have driven one to compare against the X2) .As for the X2 not being a tough buggy I would disagree I have put mine through hell and we have a couple of kids crach testing them aswell and they stand up as well as any and better than most inregards to durabilty.
Dave
Old 10-03-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by markkris
if your statement were correct I should not be holding the fastest lap at our local track.The buggy i used to do this is a sportwerks turmoil pro. powered by a losi 350.
It is the driver that makes the car. not the other way around.once your skills have grown to the point that your equipment no longer can keep up with you than go head and change. but it will probably take gallons of fuel before your faster with the new car than you were with the old.
Mark
If your statement about "the driver making the car not the other way around" were correct then you would never outgrow your equipment as you also stated. Going fast is the sum of it's parts. It's niether the car making the driver nor the driver making the car. It's both, and a lot of other things too. The X2 was a great car in it's day. I had one. It was tough as nails, and I was very competitive with it. The fact is though that it's potential runs out before the new cars do. They're not just different. They're better in almost every way.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I love my x1cr factory team. Iv had it since it came out, only broke an arm once in cold weather. Only other damage came from jumping my grandmas garage which was over 80/85ft and the backside is a 2 story drop. I did that 10+ times and only cracked the front steering brace and barely bent a rear shock shaft.
Iv also drivin it to a main wins against all those other buggies mentioned. (club races)
And im still running it today!