Wiki Posts
Search

whats a good alternate to losi 8ight 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default whats a good alternate to losi 8ight 2.0T

Im giving up waiting on my losi TLR truggy kit to turn up which has been on order since July (Australia) I have contacted losi and the local importer etc etc but only receive answers back like it should be here in 2 weeks etc etc

What it a good alternate to the losi truggy, as far as durability and parts availability.
The Losi has been good I have been able too source most parts on the web fairly cheap & easy too get hold of as a general rule but its not worth the $$ to buy and kit overseas as the shipping is a killer.
I have been thinking about the mugen truggy but have no experience with other brands as I was an avid losi supporter.
Ideas?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Xray all the way
Old 10-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sbv20j
Im giving up waiting on my losi TLR truggy kit to turn up which has been on order since July (Australia) I have contacted losi and the local importer etc etc but only receive answers back like it should be here in 2 weeks etc etc

What it a good alternate to the losi truggy, as far as durability and parts availability.
The Losi has been good I have been able too source most parts on the web fairly cheap & easy too get hold of as a general rule but its not worth the $$ to buy and kit overseas as the shipping is a killer.
I have been thinking about the mugen truggy but have no experience with other brands as I was an avid losi supporter.
Ideas?
PM sent
Old 10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

AE RC8tce

Mugen MBX6t
Old 10-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

the Mugens are really good as well.......

i would ask myself..???
ok, am i getting into this to better myself to be Compeditive?
or
am i just in it for fun???
or
do i just want to "Run"
etc.

does my "local Hobby shops have parts i may need on the fly"..??
etc.
if this doesnt matter....???
any kit will be the "Best" since you'll have to order parts if no shops carry any parts for any of the popular cars....???

now on the other hand, if you liked the Handling of the Losi cars in there aspect of how they felt to you......
you may want to consider the Team C Cars....there just like the Losi's.......
teamcracing.net
but if you have access to the Mugens and there parts are well stocked in your areas, you'll be very happy as well with the Mugens.
i know how it is when you drive one stlye of car? and you want to try or have better availability to items? you start second guessing...
but now days you'll spend more time looking for a Bad car.....
Mugen,Serpent,Losi,Associated(better now with the new Car)
Team C, and Sworkz and Agama pretty good cars.....
the Durango's
a little tricky? a "Rolls Royce" of cars but may spend a little time finding a set up that works for "You"
and X-ray good as well...but some places will charge an Arm and a leg for the parts as there pricing can be up there sometimes....
Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Prophet

man that whould have to be associated a "rc8tce" for parts availbity whould be a good choice but if your LHS carrys other manfacters like kyosho,mugen etc i whould choose one of them.

The rc8tce is pretty strong and the quality of the plastics arent bad the parts are priced pretty well.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dude,

Steve and Michael at Just Hobbie - Campbelltown in NSW have one sitting on the shelf give them a ring..................
Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

HotBodies drives most like the Losi ... Personally I like Mugen the best but been running Losi lately ... With Mugen the harder you drive it the better it works, I've never broke an arm or anything except a few rear axles. I broke spurs and went through bearings in the rear diff on the HB.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I don't know if they have serpent there, but from what I've heard people like it over pretty much everything out there. I may be wrong though.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default thanks

Hi Corty just tried them but they only have the RTR version in stock
With the usual answer the kits are on order should be due in a week or two, they seem like a good mob to deal with through on my breif conversation with them

Originally Posted by Corty
Dude,

Steve and Michael at Just Hobbie - Campbelltown in NSW have one sitting on the shelf give them a ring..................
Old 10-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hot Bodies D8T. It's more like a buggy compared to the Losi 8T. Also the D8T does not have any problems with the diff's. Pretty much set and forget.

If your in brisbane, you can have a drive of mine anytime if you like.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)

i would say AE RC8tce i like way it handle and run i like it more then losi
Old 10-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

+1 to serpent. If they are avail they are the best truck hands down. If not I'm sure I can get one to you. Serpent has proven just as durable as the losi, handles better and just as easy to work on. I rolled a Mugen 6t for a while and it was a good truck too but the serpent wins in my book. I drove a 6t since November 2010 and before that it was losi 1.0 and 2.0. The Mugen is much more responsive than the losi and now for the last couple months I have been running serpent. It's no contest serpent all the way.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I would say rr evo from kyosho a improved refined st-rr which was already a great truck
Old 10-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
I would say rr evo from kyosho a improved refined st-rr which was already a great truck
$900 for just the truck........

I dont understand whats taking so long to get the losi. I bet if you would have ordered it from a creditable hobby shop you would have received it already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.