Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Kyosho Neo ST Race Spec tough enough? >

Kyosho Neo ST Race Spec tough enough?

Kyosho Neo ST Race Spec tough enough?

Old 10-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Azfar

oh ok thanks yea i just checked what it looks like underneth the body, yea i whould change a few things on it espially the phillips head screws. And the plastic big bore shocks to alum body big bore shocks.

I whould ditch the pullstat to a non pullstart if i ever bought this truggy and add rear universal rear axles. Oh yea a higher torque steering servo but thats just me though.

The steering tie rods look a little thin for a 1/8 scale but other than that it looks like a good club level racing truggy.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
Ran the first two tanks through it today and it was simple. It idles really well and tuned easily too. Yes, I could see that if you ran it too lean it might damage the engine. I am running it rich for awhile before leaning it out. This engine is actually really good. I've heard from people that have been running this engine and they say lots of power and reliable. I will race this truck at Kyosho Fall Classic and Toys for Tots, and I will report how it goes. I ran it straight out of the box to start, just to see how it was with no modifications, and it's not bad. Now I'm going to soup it up.. I will keep the stock engine. The only things I will change are clutch, add diff gears, diff oil, and probably rearrange the shocks a little.
Can you give me the part # for the front and rear braces? I'd like to see if those will fit the ST RR evo. Looks like a better option than the stock evo ones and allows some flex vs the king heads ones.
Also, does it come with all the updated plastic bulkheads, arms etc? what about the diffs?
thanks in advance. I may want to get one of these for just play and add all my st rr upgrades instead of wearing my evo.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Rookie

rcspecial.com/news/?p=88690
Old 11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qbeam
rcspecial.com/news/?p=88690
thanks for the video. Cody makes it look soooo good!