R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Like everyones said driving style and setup I have a ve8 HHH and it felt like it just didn't suit my driving style almost sold it. My buddy help me with set ups and now it drives great. All the car company are great each has a pro and con but having a good setup makes a car completely different as well.
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #17
Tech Prophet

i dont get the saying that a certain buggy works better on certain tracks im pretty sure you can setup any of them up to work good on any track right ?

personally i like associated "rc8b/rc8t series" the plastic quality is pretty good and the drivetrain is pretty dam strong and smooth . My driving style is i like a buggy or a truggy thats not twichy and like some weight on it for stableness and the fact i can push it harder in and out of the turns.

Most tracks the racers run associated, and losi so getting parts or setup tips should not be a problem really.

If theres a rc8b 2 as a electric kit i will buy

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:02 PM   #18
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i dont get the saying that a certain buggy works better on certain tracks im pretty sure you can setup any of them up to work good on any track right ?

personally i like associated "rc8b/rc8t series" the plastic quality is pretty good and the drivetrain is pretty dam strong and smooth . My driving style is i like a buggy or a truggy thats not twichy and like some weight on it for stableness and the fact i can push it harder in and out of the turns.

Most tracks the racers run associated, and losi so getting parts or setup tips should not be a problem really.

If theres a rc8b 2 as a electric kit i will buy
LMAO.......AE SERIES, "plastic quality is pretty good" thats pretty much dead on!!! "pretty much"...... they snap like cheap tooth pics! please dont argue with me if you are under 40 years of age.
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Associated is excellent value-for-money.. The plastic is basically as good as anything else. The RC8 series - from truggy to buggy to SC - has a proven reputation for toughness. It's Mugen that has the rep for breaking arms, Kyosho for blowing diffs, and Losi for wearing out really fast.. Just sayin'..

I would love to try a Serpent(the Agama, Intech, and maybe X-ray interest me as well..), but I have a mountain of parts left over from my RC8T, RC8, RC8B, and SC8(never needed nearly as many as I thought I would..) So I guess I'll be getting the RC8B 2.0 at some point..

Not really sure how much is new on the new Associated buggy, but with the RC8B anyway, I would say that no brand is as good for parts availability. Associated has three platforms - truggy, buggy, and SC - all of which are vey popular - and that all share a lot of parts - so parts are everywhere on e-bay, shops, forums, etc.. And the prices for the Associated stuff is spot-on as well.
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
LMAO.......AE SERIES, "plastic quality is pretty good" thats pretty much dead on!!! "pretty much"...... they snap like cheap tooth pics! please dont argue with me if you are under 40 years of age.

your crazy lol you dont know inless you buy one and drive it
The plastics are pretty strong im telling you the truck is strong.

Sure it does have a few flaws just like any other manf 1/8 scale not any serious ones though.

Herrsavage: the plastics on the rc8b/rc8t as for wear rate is pretty good that goes for the drivetrain also and no im not being bias lol. Thats a fact that you pointed out on the losi not bashing them though.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #21
Tech Prophet

=tc5 man;9696836]your crazy lol you dont know inless you buy one and drive it
The plastics are pretty strong im telling you the truck is strong the buggy is strong to a point actually. But both of them drive good though.

Sure it does have a few flaws just like any other manf 1/8 scale not any serious ones though.

Herrsavage: the plastics on the rc8b/rc8t as for wear rate is pretty good that goes for the drivetrain also and no im not being bias lol. Thats a fact that you pointed out on the losi not bashing them though.[/QUOTE]

Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default well

the Mugen is one of the best buggies I've ever had. It is not super easy to dial in, although small changes make a big difference... but will last forever....I like the way it jumps and is one of the best all around buggies....the shocks are really nice too....

the xray just plain flies, it's lightweight.. It needs a bit of help dialing in more steering, but the best thing about it is the buggy rarely lands upside down....and it reliable too..

Let's just say I never sold my 808 08' version..I ran it today....It worked awesome...It has zero option parts on it.....Not even tapered pistons...I did change the front swaybar and went with softer shock springs....
Old 09-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
the Mugen is one of the best buggies I've ever had. It is not super easy to dial in, although small changes make a big difference... but will last forever....I like the way it jumps and is one of the best all around buggies....the shocks are really nice too....

the xray just plain flies, it's lightweight.. It needs a bit of help dialing in more steering, but the best thing about it is the buggy rarely lands upside down....and it reliable too..

Let's just say I never sold my 808 08' version..I ran it today....It worked awesome...It has zero option parts on it.....Not even tapered pistons...I did change the front swaybar and went with softer shock springs....
I always looked at this way i try to buy the same manufactor all the time i have the hotbodies d8 and d8t will the buggy and truggy use a lot of the same parts which i like cause it cleans up my boxes alot. I seem to be the only one that has these at my track i think i have the buggy diled in pretty good and for the truggy im still working on it. i have the buggy for a year now and the truggy i just got last month both seem to drive fast and jump good for me but im one of those heavy on the trigger kinda guys which seem to my best driving style the trucks and they all stay planted pretty will for me and are a lot cheaper than the other manufacturer out there but all i got to say is get one and hope it fits you maybe some guy will let you drive there at your track if you have some good buddy there that what i did and that how i found that i like the hotbodiesd8 and d8t
imrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #24
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroXray80809 View Post
Nothing is "best" if thats the case only one car would win everything. Theres driving style. Basically the best car is the one most local fast guys use and local hobby shop supports parts.
+1000000000000000

This also true for all others "What's the best..." questions !
Old 09-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to snowman6869

They all three are very good and i've owned all three. Out of the three though I loved the mugen. Very tough and easy to drive. Like everyone says its all in your driving style.
SAVOX
LUCKY7 RC FASTLANE GRAPHIX
snowman6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (90%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to snowman6869

And mugen plastics are very strong and dont break that easy. Dont let peoples dislike for something persuade you from getting whatever you get. I've never owned an associated rc8b or t but from i've seen they are very good cars.
SAVOX
LUCKY7 RC FASTLANE GRAPHIX
snowman6869 is offline   Reply With Quote