Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5T vs MBX6T

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Mugen MBX5T vs MBX6T

I am fairly new to R/C racing. I have a MBX5T and will be getting a MBX6T tomorrow that I traded my Losi 2.0 truggy for. I love my 5T and have heard great things about the 6T. My concern is I still take a few crashes and I am wondering if the 6T is as durable and rugged as the 5T. I know it's lighter so if I wreck it doesn't seem like the 6T would settle as fast. Anyone that can tell me more about the two. I don't wreck a lot but it does happen every now and then. I just don't want to sink a fortune into parts.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Signsrus247
I am fairly new to R/C racing. I have a MBX5T and will be getting a MBX6T tomorrow that I traded my Losi 2.0 truggy for. I love my 5T and have heard great things about the 6T. My concern is I still take a few crashes and I am wondering if the 6T is as durable and rugged as the 5T. I know it's lighter so if I wreck it doesn't seem like the 6T would settle as fast. Anyone that can tell me more about the two. I don't wreck a lot but it does happen every now and then. I just don't want to sink a fortune into parts.
6t is simply better in allcareas over 5t.....
Old 09-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

About the only thing that I have broke on my 6T is the front arms, they are the weakest part on this truggy. Get a few extra front arms and you should be good to go. I really like mine. If you need more info on setups and stuff like that I would check out the MBX6T thread.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

So long as you don't run full droop you shouldn't break any arms. I've had my 6T for over a year and a half and haven't broken any and I have crashed mine really hard and everything has been fine.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah arms are a definite must for spares. It really has nothting to do with droop though. Most break from a front end collision that is off to one side like when you hit a pipe or another car. Everyone crashes, this truck is very good and I think is the best fit for the majority of average drivers because of how easy it is to drive hard.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Any thoughts on the servo saver? I have heard the stock ones are weak.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Signsrus247
Any thoughts on the servo saver? I have heard the stock ones are weak.
Yeah not overly weak but if you like to run your servo saver tight ( who doesn't ) lol then a alloy one is a smart move ! racers edge , kings head
Old 09-19-2011, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You will need to keep your diffs shimmed more tightly and keep them that way.. on the 5T you could not really go wrong but with the 6T you need to keep them right, as long as you do keep them with little play and greased they will last forever

Im thinking ill upgrade my servo saver.. in my opinion it is a bit weak, i think some people change the spring out for a stronger one? Ill sus it out

If your a racer you will drop your lap times as soon as you go out on the 6T

Dave