R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #46
Tech Initiate
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curacing2 View Post
15kg for example is how much grunt and holding power the servo has, a cheap1/10th servo could be as little as 6kg so the stress of braking and steering will kill it, usually the really strong ones are not so fast and vise-versa, its how they gear them... you can pay the big buck to get both.
The spline is the piece that sticks out of the servo were you mount the steering or throttle horn, it will have a pattern cut into it with a certin number of teeth say 31...if your sero horn is a 30 or 32 cut it will not fit.

hey mate everyone was a newbie at some stage, so unless you ask really stupid questions you will get the info you need.
So when you buy a new servo you have to match the spine to the existing control arm that attaches?

The specs on the servo that come with the Ten-T are below...... garbage....
Torque:70 oz/in (5.0kg/cm) @ 6.0V (typ.)
Speed:0.16 sec/60 deg @ 6.0V (typ.)
Application:truck
Voltage:3.0V to 6.0V

So when replacing this thing I need to look for what horn configuration?
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #47
Tech Addict
 
curacing2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Zealand Auckland
Posts: 594
Default

I'd ask some one that has one what to replace them with or find out who makes the rtr servos for the losi.
when you put the new servos in and before you connect the linkages switch the radio and car on to see if the servos are working in the right direction,for some stupid reason not all brands work in the same direction...on the transmitter menu you will have a servo normal or reverse setting you can change.
curacing2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #48
Tech Initiate
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curacing2 View Post
I'd ask some one that has one what to replace them with or find out who makes the rtr servos for the losi.
when you put the new servos in and before you connect the linkages switch the radio and car on to see if the servos are working in the right direction,for some stupid reason not all brands work in the same direction...on the transmitter menu you will have a servo normal or reverse setting you can change.
the stock servo is an Losi branded MSX Digital High Torque Servo.
Product Specifications:
Torque:70 oz/in (5.0kg/cm) @ 6.0V (typ.)
Speed:0.16 sec/60 deg @ 6.0V (typ.)
Application:truck
Voltage:3.0V to 6.0V


this whole servo horn worries me. I want to make sure that I get the correct stuff.
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:49 AM   #49
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 35
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

The servo will most likely come with a horn that matches it's spline count. So it shouldn't be an issue.

If you buy a used one and for some reason it doesn't come with the servo horn you need, various sites sell them, and they are cheap (3-10$ depending on material (plastic or aluminum)).
Milk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #50
Tech Initiate
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk50 View Post
The servo will most likely come with a horn that matches it's spline count. So it shouldn't be an issue.

If you buy a used one and for some reason it doesn't come with the servo horn you need, various sites sell them, and they are cheap (3-10$ depending on material (plastic or aluminum)).
OH! ok, so the horn matches the servo threading. Gotcha!
Thank you!
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #51
Tech Initiate
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curacing2 View Post
15kg for example is how much grunt and holding power the servo has, a cheap1/10th servo could be as little as 6kg so the stress of braking and steering will kill it, usually the really strong ones are not so fast and vise-versa, its how they gear them... you can pay the big buck to get both.
The spline is the piece that sticks out of the servo were you mount the steering or throttle horn, it will have a pattern cut into it with a certin number of teeth say 31...if your sero horn is a 30 or 32 cut it will not fit.

hey mate everyone was a newbie at some stage, so unless you ask really stupid questions you will get the info you need.
So I can't find specs with kg of power.
Im looking at one with these specs, what do you think?
Also, in regards to speed, <.1 is good?

Speed:
@ 4.8V: .05 sec/60
@ 6.0V: .045 sec/60
@ 7.4V: .032 sec/60
Torque:
@ 4.8V: 41.7 oz-in
@ 6.0V: 69.4 oz-in
@ 7.4V: 97.2 oz-in
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:54 PM   #52
Tech Addict
 
curacing2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Zealand Auckland
Posts: 594
Default

those are way too light weight for an offroad car, 1kg is 35 onces by my calculations of 16 onces to a pound and 2.2 pounds to a kg... that would make them 2-3 kg

they are super fast though and when a servo is geared up for speed they loose torque.

Have a look at something like an ace servo, they do a 0.10 15kg or a savox 0.12 12kg

these servo need to be run with a 6.0V 5 cell pack for the correct voltage...you can run a regulator and use a 7.4V lipo and unregulated if the servo is a high voltage type
curacing2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #53
Tech Initiate
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curacing2 View Post
those are way too light weight for an offroad car, 1kg is 35 onces by my calculations of 16 onces to a pound and 2.2 pounds to a kg... that would make them 2-3 kg

they are super fast though and when a servo is geared up for speed they loose torque.

Have a look at something like an ace servo, they do a 0.10 15kg or a savox 0.12 12kg

these servo need to be run with a 6.0V 5 cell pack for the correct voltage...you can run a regulator and use a 7.4V lipo and unregulated if the servo is a high voltage type
ok, what about these specs?

Speed:
@ 4.8V: .19 sec/60
@ 6.0V: .15 sec/60
@ 7.4V: .12 sec/60
Torque:
@ 4.8V: 291.6 oz-in
@ 6.0V: 347.2 oz-in
@ 7.4V: 444.0 oz-in

also, my battery is a 7.4v lipo. the servo with these above specs is listed as "high voltage."
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #54
Tech Addict
 
curacing2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Zealand Auckland
Posts: 594
Default

that should do nicely.
curacing2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #55
Tech Initiate
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curacing2 View Post
that should do nicely.
sweet!
thanks!
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #56
Tech Regular
 
Trugsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: sunshine coast australia
Posts: 468
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Trugsta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLRDom View Post
ok, what about these specs?

Speed:
@ 4.8V: .19 sec/60
@ 6.0V: .15 sec/60
@ 7.4V: .12 sec/60
Torque:
@ 4.8V: 291.6 oz-in
@ 6.0V: 347.2 oz-in
@ 7.4V: 444.0 oz-in

also, my battery is a 7.4v lipo. the servo with these above specs is listed as "high voltage."

That servo will be perfect with more than enough turning power and good speed.
Just be sure to set your end points so the servo is not over working and gets burned out.
turn it to full lock on each side then back of the end point so you cant hear the servo labouring and you still ge full steering lock if you back it off too far your wheels will start to turn back in so watch closley..
By the time you have finished you should be totally happy with it..
__________________
Proud Member of S.C.O.R.C.
Losi 8T2- Novarossi P5/Novarossi and GRP pipes.
spektrum DX3S. SAVOX servos. "Race till it MHZ"
A huge thanks to.
www.motorsaver.com (the absolute best filters and savers on the plannet).
Trugsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #57
Tech Initiate
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
Default

ok new question.
I played around with the truggy for about 30 mins today.
While i was driving around it suddenly just shut down. I attempted to restart it with the remote start on the controller, and it didn't do anything. after removing the cover to the spektrum receiver, i discovered that whenever i push the remote start button it just shuts off. The controller then reads no signal, and i can regain by powering on and off the truggy.
without pushing the remote start button the steering and throttle servos work without the receiver shutting down....

what could be some issues?
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #58
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,779
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

rx batteries dead?
vw addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #59
Tech Initiate
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
Default

I'll try that when I get home.
Would that cause the spektrum receiver to power down though?
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #60
Tech Initiate
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
Default

All batteries replaced. No fix.
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New truggy from AE haggard80 Nitro Off-Road 26 01-21-2011 06:45 AM
when is kyosho going to come out with a new truggy bbboi98 Nitro Off-Road 45 12-07-2010 05:22 PM
New Season New Truggy: Mugen Mbx6t or Losi 8t 2.0 larso10 Nitro Off-Road 34 01-16-2010 06:06 PM
ROAR banning New Truggy bodies! rider313 Nitro Off-Road 146 11-05-2009 10:32 AM
New Truggy? RACING MASON Nitro Off-Road 56 09-29-2007 06:04 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net