Old 09-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Miguel Matias leaves JQ

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=10851

What is going on...
Old 09-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
seems like drivers are on the move sooner than normal.. might be due to not alot of bigger races this time of year they can get use to a new ride before the bigger races take place?? good find again..
Old 09-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

It was a question of time the departure from JQ, is car at the euros was almost half xray, and he need a better car to fight for the win at big events, he had a ruff year.
Maybe he wants a big come back.

Lets see what car is gonna drive
Old 09-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

The Split......
Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

the quits
Old 09-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Driver market is getting rowdy. I don't remember the news of driver switches being this high-profile in past years. Really makes me wonder how important the team drivers' roles are when it comes to the average joe's choice of kit.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default driver input

The only Good thing that pro diivers offer the average is good feed back on current set up s to try and in this case not much input was given back to JQ drivers,so hope the sign someone who can do some more developement like Cav and mayfield do for Ae.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
the quits
Rui you gave me my laugh for the day. Classic!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Maybe he just got tired of "THE" DNF
Old 09-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Too funny.

In all serious though "TheProblem" with this buggy (despite what anyone says) is the quality of its parts and not its design. Things just break and you hear it a lot from people who have or have tried the buggy. I believe this comes back to the fact it's manufactured in China and not Taiwan. I'm constantly told by people I deal with in business that Chinese products can be just as good as ones made elsewhere, it's just that most foreign business that choose to have their product manufactured in China go for a more cost effective option rather than an expensive one. This has an effect on quality and quality control. Now my own experience with Chinese made goods no matter whether they are electronics, white goods or just plastic toys is THEY ARE RUBBISH!. So either nearly all foriegn companies are choosing cheaper manufacturing options when manufacturing in China, or the Chinese factories have yet to master the art of manufacturing quality products. You choose which it is, I'll stick to avoiding "Made in China" wherever I can (which can be impossible at times). The only country I can think of that makes worse quality than China is India.

The German car industry which has continued to grow (despite the high cost of labour) will be safe from China for many moons to come, that I can assure you!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Most designers want to maximize profit by reducing production cost, lower production cost = reduced reliability.

China can make pretty good quality stuff if consumers are willing to pay for it. Ironically, people equate made in china for poor quality and hence not willing to pay more. Paying less you will get a lesser inferior product, with a inferior product you then want to pay even less for yet another inferior product, the cycle continues.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:49 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Since you don't know what you are talking about, you shouldn't write stuff as facts. Only I know where my car is made, and at what price. I didn't start this in order to make as much money as possible. I started this in order to make the best car out there, and run the best race team. That's it. Some people are in it for the money, some for the passion, and for the racing.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Champion

If I were looking to get more seriously into buggy racing, I would absolutely consider THE Car. I like what the guy has done and what he stands for. Keep it up!..
Old 09-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Agreed. There is also the global phenomena of short product life-cycles. I can't think of the correct term for this off the top of my head, I'm sure someone who works in manufacturing would know it. But in essence companies now days only want to products to have a short life span. Sometimes even only to cover a warranty period. The need to increase sales and profits and wanting people to continue to update / upgrade to the latest and greatest.

I'm sure everyone knows about the light globe in the States, can't remember which town that has been going for 100 years or something ridiculous like that. The capability is there to produce things that can last, it's just not in the interest of business to do so.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:57 PM
JQ
Tech Master

This is all true, but has absolutely nothing to do with JQ Products.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.