R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #16
Tech Master

Seriously John.......... have you ever driven a JQ. My son does and believe me he has no idea what the words mechanical sympathy means.

Have we broken stuff....... yes we have but in know way can you say there is a problem with quality of parts.

In fact we have found this car to be far more realiable than our previous drive and that was made in Japan!!

Mark Stringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
Too funny.

In all serious though "TheProblem" with this buggy (despite what anyone says) is the quality of its parts and not its design. Things just break and you hear it a lot from people who have or have tried the buggy. I believe this comes back to the fact it's manufactured in China and not Taiwan. I'm constantly told by people I deal with in business that Chinese products can be just as good as ones made elsewhere, it's just that most foreign business that choose to have their product manufactured in China go for a more cost effective option rather than an expensive one. This has an effect on quality and quality control. Now my own experience with Chinese made goods no matter whether they are electronics, white goods or just plastic toys is THEY ARE RUBBISH!. So either nearly all foriegn companies are choosing cheaper manufacturing options when manufacturing in China, or the Chinese factories have yet to master the art of manufacturing quality products. You choose which it is, I'll stick to avoiding "Made in China" wherever I can (which can be impossible at times). The only country I can think of that makes worse quality than China is India.

The German car industry which has continued to grow (despite the high cost of labour) will be safe from China for many moons to come, that I can assure you!
Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ View Post
Since you don't know what you are talking about, you shouldn't write stuff as facts. Only I know where my car is made, and at what price. I didn't start this in order to make as much money as possible. I started this in order to make the best car out there, and run the best race team. That's it. Some people are in it for the money, some for the passion, and for the racing.
Actually you have mentioned that it's made in China. I'm sure I've read it a few times. Where in China and by who I do not know.

If you are stating that it's not made in China, I do apologise for saying that.

On only you knowing? Well I've been in business longer than you have had hot dinners and I can tell you nothing is kept secret in business. You may think you're the only one who knows but I can assure you there would be many others.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #18
Tech Addict

carefull john, remember he gave out ice cream...
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
Seriously John.......... have you ever driven a JQ. Mark Stringer
Yes, was short though. Didn't break anything, but never crashed it either or ran it over massive jumps. I'm not knocking its design. But I can only state what many owners who got rid of it have put to me. Some pretty experienced guys also. Anyway the whole made in China subject has touched some nerves so I'll stay out of this one. Let the results and popularity of the product speak for itself. Racers can draw their own conclusions.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ View Post
Since you don't know what you are talking about, you shouldn't write stuff as facts. Only I know where my car is made, and at what price. I didn't start this in order to make as much money as possible. I started this in order to make the best car out there, and run the best race team. That's it. Some people are in it for the money, some for the passion, and for the racing.
Joseph,

Please don't get offended, I am not pointing at any manufacturers or designers in particular. In general, if low production cost and inferior design didn't cause breakages, what are the causes then?

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Was directed at me not you I'm sure.

Anyway back on track to what this thread was originally about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
the quits
Still laughing
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #22
Tech Champion

-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:16 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Does anybody knows what deal was made between Matias an JQ Products? Did anyone read that contract? Maybe they made a -year deal. Maybe they made a deal to run JQ till after the Euros.
I can't imagine that a young company as JQ Products works with long-term contracts, but rather short-term contracts. Seems like the first half year contract is served and Mattias is looking for an other emplorer..

As for the part story: I still run my JQ Limited Edition #18, one of the first batch ever. It is holding on great, virtually no wear in the drive train, broke one steering link, two front arms and a rear hub in 10+ races and hours of practice.

All who 'know' about production read too much and have too less own experience. I own over 50 cars my self, and all brand, all types, all designs. I can compare designs and materials through the years, just by placing the cars next to each order and I can tell you the THE Car is 'state of the art' , totally 2011 design and made of the best materials out there!

I'm having the best results in years and I own 4 different (brands of 2010/2011) racing buggy's (JQ, OD, Kyosho and Tamiya). The JQ is my favorite, it makes me a better driver and THE car is holding up great! I've never spent so less money on parts for my racing car as I do with this JQ Product!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:26 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It doesn't matter where stuff is made - it's the quality of materials and the QA and QC that count.

I run a $10,000.00 Specialized made in Taiwan, my mate runs a $10,000 Cervelo made in China.

Is one better than the other - nope.
Same quality high modulus carbon and some hi quality quality control.

Don't blame JQ, or his car, or where it's made, as for the most part that's irrelavant.

9 times outta 10, the problems are a little closer to home.

I am sure the real reasons will surface one day, so no point speculating..

And FWIW, I don't even race RC any more! lol
Marz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKM View Post
The Split......
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
the quits
At least it wasn't the s#!ts
Old 09-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
Joseph,

Please don't get offended, I am not pointing at any manufacturers or designers in particular. In general, if low production cost and inferior design didn't cause breakages, what are the causes then?
If you wanna know, read the half year report on his site
Old 09-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardBite View Post
At least it wasn't the s#!ts
Now with more Ice-cream...
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I still drive a first edition too and find it to be a very strong buggy
most parts are very well executed, of good quality and superb design
many parts like the chassis, the outdrives, the driveshafts and the anodising color
or just the bearings and screws, outlast other brand's parts by gallons
and if you have a look than at the precision of the center mounts...
No Chinese rubbish at all ! but higher class materials

just a few faults were made, I guess by putting to much trust in the final phase onto the Chinese plant's engineers, with the resulting misfits of a few metal parts, and the bad choice in the final plastics, but with some minor race preparations the buggy still holds up very well
I wonder, which brand would do better, especially if just a few persons were involved and it is a first buggy made.. and some of the faults of big brands don't get resolved for the customers for years
JQ to get everything in good order with no further mistakes at all in only a few months, says enough to me on the factory's and brand's ability to do things right
as to Matias, no one will ever know what he thinks, perhaps it was just time to move on for him, and was The Car just an intermisssion

Last edited by speedy2; 09-14-2011 at 12:59 AM.
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote