R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

For club racing maybe not depends on the turn-out but for point series or anything like that yes they should be in their own class
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #17
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
For club racing maybe not depends on the turn-out but for point series or anything like that yes they should be in their own class

yea but if someone shows up with a 1/8 buggy/truggy in a points race are you just going to say you cant race it because there is not enough of them to have a seprate class ? That whould be a bad rep on a track .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .

Last edited by tc5 man; 09-08-2011 at 02:12 PM.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea but if someone shows up with a 1/8 buggy/truggy in a points race are you just going to say you cant race it because there is not enough of them to have a seprate class ? That whould be a bad rep on a track .
Normally what would happen would be a combined class of E buggy/truggy with the nitro guys and the race director would separate out the E-guys for the purpose of the points.

Mugen MBX6R/Airtronics M11X/Ninja Engines/Sidewinder Fuel/EB Mods
Slider30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:08 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

We have a fast e-bug guy that runs with the nitros heads up at our track...if he gets a good start and can pull away, he can cruise and save battery. If we're on his butt it's just a matter of time....dumps every time.
He has to pit once in a 20 minute main to satisfy the rules...I don't understand why he doesn't change batteries, he usually has a sizable lead.
cordarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yup...

If anything else, just to kill the types of debates that are going on here. Sure in a club race not a big deal, but in any type of competitive environment where there is something on the line, trying to figure out each's advantages and even them out = PITA... Cause someone is going to find an advantage, or there will be goofy rules catering to one powertrain or the other.

I'm an E-buggy guy, and run almost exclusivly with nitros. I hope they dont mind me running with them I've told the track, just run me however they run, dont change anything up for me. If I cant make the entire main, I cant make it...
Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #21
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordarrow View Post
We have a fast e-bug guy that runs with the nitros heads up at our track...if he gets a good start and can pull away, he can cruise and save battery. If we're on his butt it's just a matter of time....dumps every time.
He has to pit once in a 20 minute main to satisfy the rules...I don't understand why he doesn't change batteries, he usually has a sizable lead.

oh trust me its not the easyiest and quickest to change a battery in the pit .

goat: yup i agree i lead a truggy main for a while and could of made the whole 20 min but pitted to early so i died within 5min left.

thats the way i think about it to if, i cant make the entire main oh well just like if a nitro engine flames out when almost finished nothing you can do about it really.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
I think it's very important to have them in a class of there own. My biggest complaint with running them together is safety.
Most that run brushless take way more chances trying to clear what nitro can't. I've seen several turn-marshalls almost get knocked out because with the sound of nitro, you can't hear the electric sneaking up on you. It can be tough and nobody likes to turn anyone away but it can turn into a safety issue really quick.
#1 and most important reason why I don't like seeing them run together .
Old 09-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
oh trust me its not the easyiest and quickest to change a battery in the pit .
I realize this...but he often has a lap on the field.

A fellow in truggy has a simple velcro deal...makes a quite timely pit stop.
cordarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #24
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordarrow View Post
I realize this...but he often has a lap on the field.

A fellow in truggy has a simple velcro deal...makes a quite timely pit stop.

do you mean velrco around side guards on the truggy insted of body clips i dont know if i can trust that one.

greg B: i think most people who run a 1/8 e buggy or truggy has a good amount of exprience so if thier truck or buggy is out of control they wont go crazy on a jump to clear it .

It can happen to with somebody running a nitro truggy or buggy.

i dont worry about it inless i see a kid running one which i rarely see.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
do you mean velrco around side guards on the truggy insted of body clips i dont know if i can trust that one.

greg B: i think most people who run a 1/8 e buggy or truggy has a good amount of exprience so if thier truck or buggy is out of control they wont go crazy on a jump to clear it .

It can happen to with somebody running a nitro truggy or buggy.

i dont worry about it inless i see a kid running one which i rarely see.
The Velcro on sides works pretty good I do not run any clips on my body just Velcro strips of about 6in in back and front and it never pops off
Rd. 2 TQ-1st--Rd. 3 3rd
Mxer59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

It's a Yes from me for any race bigger than a Club day but a Yes/No for the local Club day. If your local holds Trophy days or a Winter and Summer series then they should be atleast separated in points if numbers don't allow separate races.
Upto 15min Electric can have an advantage but from 20min onwards I believe it becomes pretty even. The big thing I've experienced running an Electric with the Nitro is the difference in the driving styles, makes for collisions that would not happen as often in races of there own.

My 2 cents,
Michael.
No longer defined as a Off or On-road racer, but simply a RC enthusiast.
WildManDriving is offline   Reply With Quote