R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Prp-Line quality controlle?

I like the performace of Pro-lines tires. However today while mounting 1/8 buggy tires I noticed on the Dot side of everytire there is a huge rim of extra flashing. The non Dot side is flashing free. I started thinking and every PL tire i remember mounting was like this. Dont you think PL would fix this by now. It adds alot more time to the tire glueing process.

DOT side

Non DOT side.

I like PL tires but this is kinda lame. This is one reson i dont buy premounts. You never know whats in that tire.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Best tires that don't need any extra work are jconcepts. Every pair bought are perfect no trimming. Next best is AKA.
jk1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

if you are so unhappy with them then stop buying them.
vw addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
Reread my original Post. I am very happy with the performance of the tires. I am less then happy with the mounting bead.

As stated I have also found Jcon tires to be darn ear perfect out of the package. They also are very ballanced out of the bag. But I have yet to find a Jcon rubber i really like the track. I allways find a AKA/PL rubber that hooks up better.
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

All the more reason TO buy premounts, what you don't know, won't hurt you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
I like the performace of Pro-lines tires. However today while mounting 1/8 buggy tires I noticed on the Dot side of everytire there is a huge rim of extra flashing. The non Dot side is flashing free. I started thinking and every PL tire i remember mounting was like this. Dont you think PL would fix this by now. It adds alot more time to the tire glueing process.

DOT side

Non DOT side.

I like PL tires but this is kinda lame. This is one reson i dont buy premounts. You never know whats in that tire.
RC85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Falling off the rims....

My revolvers fall off the rims, preglued, glued, any tips...
Old 09-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

All Proline tires are like that, but they are definitly improved. Take a look at the Knuckle 2.0 or Badlands and you will see how much the quality has gone up.

To ensure they don't come off the rim, you can use a dremel and slightly scar the mounting bead, and rim too if you want. Then use Windex or denatured alcohol. I don't use the cleaners because I don't have many problems with the tires coming off the rims.

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Quote:
thats exactly what myself & quite a few other have done
Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercross View Post
thats exactly what myself & quite a few other have done
+ 1
Kifopaint
Ginters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default True

I have tried scuffing the surfaces before and had mixed results, but I will try again.. It happens in the m3 compound the most and specfically the revolvers...

I have not tried windex but I have tried denatured....same result...floppy tire..

I want to just go to AKA rims only and glue Prolines instead of the premounts.. that should be the ticket....

I like AKA premounts the best...The Impacts are great tires, but they burn up pretty fast....the revolvers last longer...

and the AKA enduros have been the best tires I've had in a long time...

but proline tires have the softest longest lasting rubber and a nice range of treads so I keep both brands in my tire box...

but overall I have the least problems with AKA.....
Old 09-08-2011, 04:37 AM   #11
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
What's wrong with giving a bit of product feedback? - especially as this site is massive and the pro's are here and may pass stuff on to the company.

He may well stop buying them, but Proline won't know that unless they read about it.

I also have mine with the same rim around the bead and it is pretty ordinary as you don't even get that with crap chinese copies. Nor does it appear on any other brands I have seen...
Maybe Proline need to mould a corresponding groove into the rims

While we are dissing Proline - I can't believe they don't do a dedicated grass tyre considering how massive it is in the UK and Australia. We are restricted to Schumacher Spiral, HoBao Angle Spike, Hong Nor Grass Snake, and Panther Hedgehog(if you can find them)
Proline would clean up big $$$$ if they released a grass tyre.

Having said that, I like their clay tyres (apart from that moulding fault as per the original post) and always buy their rims.
Mark _australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 AM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Trugsta

I got tired of this along time ago.
I only use VP-Pro and Sweep thesedays...mostly premounts..
Jconcepts if Im in a bind and cant get the others afore mentioned..
A huge thanks to.
www.motorsaver.com (the absolute best filters and savers on the plannet).
Trugsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #13
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I have tried scuffing the surfaces before and had mixed results, but I will try again.. It happens in the m3 compound the most and specfically the revolvers...

I have not tried windex but I have tried denatured....same result...floppy tire..

I want to just go to AKA rims only and glue Prolines instead of the premounts.. that should be the ticket....

I like AKA premounts the best...The Impacts are great tires, but they burn up pretty fast....the revolvers last longer...

and the AKA enduros have been the best tires I've had in a long time...

but proline tires have the softest longest lasting rubber and a nice range of treads so I keep both brands in my tire box...

but overall I have the least problems with AKA.....

The first time I mounted revolvers the same thug happened. My second set I cleaned the tire bead with motor cleaner and scuff the wheel bead with 220 grit and clean that with motor cleaner. I use a Ofna Power tire gluer and thin glue. I have yet to have I wobbly since doing this. Aka glue is a bit to thick for using the tire gluer but if I was to hand mount em I would use aka.