R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #91
Tech Elite
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,896
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Elli View Post
I think that Reno is going for Tamiya, It makes sence since he is already practicing his new car,Tamiya is going to present BIG news soon, They need a dominant driver in their Off-Road Nitro division, and just ended his contract with TD. Think about it, and yes i now Lee Martin is great but don't has Renos skill in Nitro just my opinion...
Tamiya's big news was a website update
__________________
Kyosho / Orion / Amain.com / Protek
Jack Smash is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 01:31 PM   #92
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,785
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
dungy will ride ktm 2012,
Now THAT is news. I might have to watch a few more races next year to see how he does.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is online now  
Old 09-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #93
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Now THAT is news. I might have to watch a few more races next year to see how he does.
I wouldnt bother. Any US rider that i know of that went to KTM flopped and went backwards. But 5 mil for 2 years and i guess you have to try
moto431 is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #94
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I watched Lutz this last weekend at Atondos Labor Day Race (great event if you ever up this way). His car looked really good as i was marshalling his race. His corner speed was unreal. But he did case a double and flamed out. After that he flamed out a few more times. I dont think you can blame a cars performance on just the car. It takes a complete setup with motors, electrics, tires to win races. Any one of those fails and it the cars fault?

Lutz has a website where he writes a blog on every event he does and he doesnt sugar coat it. Lutzinator.com
moto431 is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #95
Tech Elite
 
jpalessi's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,747
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi
Default

idk alessi is top 5 in points right now which isnt bad for him. Decoaster wanted Dung back bad! I wanna see who two two signs.
__________________
Joe Alessi
www.Lucky7RC.com
jpalessi is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #96
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,599
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto431 View Post
I watched Lutz this last weekend at Atondos Labor Day Race (great event if you ever up this way). His car looked really good as i was marshalling his race. His corner speed was unreal. But he did case a double and flamed out. After that he flamed out a few more times. I dont think you can blame a cars performance on just the car. It takes a complete setup with motors, electrics, tires to win races. Any one of those fails and it the cars fault?

Lutz has a website where he writes a blog on every event he does and he doesnt sugar coat it. Lutzinator.com
Yes, and he fully admitted trying to do a back flip the night before and landing square on the engine head probably was not a wise choice for a motor to use the next day. People have different styles and can run some cars better than others.
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com
jmackani is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #97
Tech Rookie
 
Ducatibilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 19
Default

Here's what I got from all of this.

Savoya is going to KTM, Dungey is going to JQ, and JQ is now producing KTM's?


So that means JQ now has Dungey and Savoya on his KTM team?


JQ is the man!
Ducatibilt is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #98
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatibilt View Post
Here's what I got from all of this.

Savoya is going to KTM, Dungey is going to JQ, and JQ is now producing KTM's?


So that means JQ now has Dungey and Savoya on his KTM team?


JQ is the man!
KTM = Kan't Take Motorcross

Dungey will be back on a rice bike soon enough.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #99
Tech Master
 
johnny t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatibilt View Post
Here's what I got from all of this.

Savoya is going to KTM, Dungey is going to JQ, and JQ is now producing KTM's?


So that means JQ now has Dungey and Savoya on his KTM team?


JQ is the man!

I believe your reasoning is flawed. I don't see how the color orange connects with dungy.
johnny t is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #100
Tech Master
 
johnny t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
KTM = Kan't Take Motorcross

Dungey will be back on a rice bike soon enough.
I dunno, the katoom is the only mx bike company "serious about racing" currently.


Wait a minute your right...dungy is doomed.
johnny t is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #101
Tech Master
 
Chris Peralta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,192
Default

May I ask how Renos career choice in toy car racing is going to effect anyone on this site????
Chris Peralta is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #102
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
I dunno, the katoom is the only mx bike company "serious about racing" currently.


Wait a minute your right...dungy is doomed.
Dungey will be "fast enough to win the MX title".....errrr but won't.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #103
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
May I ask how Renos career choice in toy car racing is going to effect anyone on this site????

It won't change a thing. But I don't understand why anyone cares.
__________________
Team Associated, JConcepts, M2C Racing, Big Pimpin Paints
Chris Reilly is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #104
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardBite View Post
+1, Kyosho is made in Japan I had to!
Kyosho race kits are made in Japan, there RTR stuff is China and Taiwan.
__________________
Rui Almeida
Hamilton, Ontario
CANADA
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #105
Tech Adept
 
Arushmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 188
Default News for all you

Savoya Will be running xray cars for a while



Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
I believe your reasoning is flawed. I don't see how the color orange connects with dungy.
__________________
XB9 x 2
http://txvzla.blogspot.com/
Arushmen is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. old_skoolie Australian Racing 22936 08-14-2017 04:25 AM
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. TeamDurango Nitro Off-Road 10039 01-28-2017 01:01 AM
Team Durango on drivers hunting spree? After Kyle McBride now... ganymede Nitro Off-Road 55 01-15-2011 09:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net