R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #61
JQ
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,588
Default

How did Durango put us back?
__________________
Info and Advice: http://jq-products.com
Latest News: http://www.facebook.com/JQProducts
JQ is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #62
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ View Post
How did Durango put us back?
Big price, lots of hype, and supposedly years of testing. I highly doubt their was much testing at all done with the car. I owned one for a bit....it was sloppy, wore parts quick and rear end was like skating on ice. Any tester would have seen these issues unless they were plainly ignored.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #63
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 425
Default

jzemaxx- I hate to say it but you don't know 100% what you are talking about here. You can approve samples and give everything the go, but things can change in production that are outside your control. These changes can result in premature parts wear, slop, durability, etc etc.
__________________
Manufacturers Cup

questions please e-mail Manufacturerscup@gmail.com don't PM (i dont ever check it)
Manufacturercup is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #64
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manufacturercup View Post
jzemaxx- I hate to say it but you don't know 100% what you are talking about here. You can approve samples and give everything the go, but things can change in production that are outside your control. These changes can result in premature parts wear, slop, durability, etc etc.
Hmm so the same manufacture that built you the proto parts to test, when given the go ahead completely change the formula for production?? Not only that, before commercial release the same manufacture gives you a final production sample for final testing before boxing and shipping. No one bothered to catch these problems?? With what I believe was 4 years of testing they couldn't find these problems?? Complete BS....I own 2 manufacturing companies (non-rc related)....so I believe I know a little about production QA. This is simply not the case unless the company you are dealing with in production is shady.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #65
Tech Elite
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,008
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manufacturercup View Post
jzemaxx- I hate to say it but you don't know 100% what you are talking about here. You can approve samples and give everything the go, but things can change in production that are outside your control. These changes can result in premature parts wear, slop, durability, etc etc.
+100

if you have never designed and put something thru LARGE production runs than you have no business speaking about the amount of work someone put in, in relation how the final product is released.

there are so many other factors that go into a product that are out of the companies control. no one designs a product to have issues (leaky tanks etc)
__________________
Sfida
t8rtot is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #66
Tech Elite
 
t8rtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,008
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
Hmm so the same manufacture that built you the proto parts to test, when given the go ahead completely change the formula for production?? Not only that, before commercial release the same manufacture gives you a final production sample for final testing before boxing and shipping. No one bothered to catch these problems?? With what I believe was 4 years of testing they couldn't find these problems?? Complete BS....I own 2 manufacturing companies (non-rc related)....so I believe I know a little about production QA. This is simply not the case unless the company you are dealing with in production is shady.
i know for a fact there are manufactuers that change materials throughout production runs to lower there cost and increase profit, i've changed manufacturers twice because of this. just because its not a process you agree with or practice don't be that close minded to say that it can't happen..

when you start thinking you know how everything works in every situation you already behind.. i've never heard of any process that can duplicated exactly the same way twice.. just because you do biz one way doesn't mean thats the way its done across the board..
__________________
Sfida
t8rtot is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 09:17 AM   #67
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Richmond, Ky
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ View Post
How did Durango put us back?
They didn't, trust me. As far as marketing goes you probably put them back 3 years, and this is coming from someone who has never owned your products.
__________________
www.coyotehobbies.com-Owner
Brian Alderman is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #68
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 567
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Renaud Savoya confirms Durango departure

Q. Can you confirm your departure from Team Durango.
A. Yes, as September 1st, I’m not part of Team Durango anymore, on good terms and by mutual agreement.

Q. Can you explain the reasons behind your decision to leave the team?
A. Since the beginning of the season, I was not really trustful in my driving with the car. There was something wrong with me driving it. For me, more than anything, the most important is to take pleasure on the track and of course, to win. It doesn’t mean the car is wrong, proved by the good results of the team since the car was released, just that the car wasn’t made for me.

Q. Was your under par performance at this years’ Euros the breaking point or was the decision made prior to this?
A. Before the Euros, it wasn’t really clear enough in my mind to see thru the cloud. But the poor week that I had at the Euros cleared my mind and made me took a decision for the future. It’s always very disappointing to be Euros champ’ 3 times in a row and not even accessing to the main… With this objective in mind, I went back to prospection.

Q. You were with Durango for less than a year, do you feel you gave it enough time?
A. When you are a Pro and you have such a motivation to move forward, it’s impossible to stay on the sofa and wait! I went to the track nearly everyday since January to test and develop, so yes, I think I spent enough time. I’m sure Team Durango will be a strong company in the future, and I really wish them the best, but I couldn’t race at this level for a long time.

Q. You were trackside when we contacted you, are you evaluating some potential new drives or has the decision on your new team already been made?
A. The decision is already made. I was under discussion with many brands for a long time, and only one managed to get my attention for at least 4 years. I’m already practicing with my new car, and I will attend several events with it in the season closure. I’m really happy and fully motivated to bring my knowledge and experience to this company, who are devoted to racing, and they make it good!
See you trackside. Best wishes to all Red RC readers.

Source: http://www.redrc.net/2011/09/renaud-...ngo-departure/


So he has already made his decision and it's a 4 year contract by the sounds of it. Doesn't sound like he has gone back to Mugen. I think it might be Sworkz he has joined.
John. is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #69
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
+100

if you have never designed and put something thru LARGE production runs than you have no business speaking about the amount of work someone put in, in relation how the final product is released.

there are so many other factors that go into a product that are out of the companies control. no one designs a product to have issues (leaky tanks etc)
Its called QA my friend. The parts we manufacture are under strict guidelines and tolerances and must meet those guidelines at all times. Our manufacturing company makes sure we receive that level of QA at ALL times. They don't just up and decide to change materials and quality for their sake without notifying us of the process. If that is the case you guys have some serious manufacturing concerns to deal with. Then again we manufacture different parts all together...maybe the hobby/toy industry has a different level of QA.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #70
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
i know for a fact there are manufactuers that change materials throughout production runs to lower there cost and increase profit, i've changed manufacturers twice because of this. just because its not a process you agree with or practice don't be that close minded to say that it can't happen..

when you start thinking you know how everything works in every situation you already behind.. i've never heard of any process that can duplicated exactly the same way twice.. just because you do biz one way doesn't mean thats the way its done across the board..
+100.
neophyte6 is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #71
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,469
Default

JQ, maybe with Kendall having your back it might not matter, but I assure you I can name a lot of people who left their beloved AE or Losi to try an off brand, only to be disappointed, sell it, and go back. What are the odds they will try it again with a JQ because it is Orange and black? What is an embarrassment is that team durango is made by kingstar.
__________________
I mass produced the first electric 1/8 scale buggy and truggy.
www.HopeWDM.org
I have thousands of dollars of caster racing inventory available.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #72
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,469
Default

Jzemaxx said it 100%. Lots of hype, lots of testing, lots of marketing, etc.
__________________
I mass produced the first electric 1/8 scale buggy and truggy.
www.HopeWDM.org
I have thousands of dollars of caster racing inventory available.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
hakmazter is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #73
Tech Master
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
What is an embarrassment is that team durango is made by kingstar.
Hi hakmazter. I've heard of Kingstar before, but other than that I'm really not familiar with them. Do they manufacture any other brands?

I would tend to think that the RC industry is not that much different from the toy industry that I used to do design work for. We used to have catalogs from different manufacturers with lots of generic gearboxes and modules that could be mixed and matched, with different quality components, depending on what price-point we were aiming for.

To be honest, the 2 rc buggies that have me scratching my head are XRAY 808 and Serpent 811: the boxes and packaging are virtually identical, the treated steel parts have the same finish and printed type font on them, and the plastics are eerily similar, though one is allegedly made in Slovakia, while the other in Asia.
captain america is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #74
Tech Addict
 
gabor szilagyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: greensboro nc
Posts: 505
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

This is the signature of one of my friend on an another Rc forum .It's so true:"If you want to see grown men act like children, just log on to any R/C internet forum!"
__________________
Kyosho MP9,OS. based engines,Hitec servos,Spectrum radio system,M2C clutch,Avid bearings.....my name is Gabor which is a Hungarian name:Gabor means Gabriel so just call me Gabe...
gabor szilagyi is offline  
Old 09-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #75
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
Hi hakmazter. I've heard of Kingstar before, but other than that I'm really not familiar with them. Do they manufacture any other brands?

I would tend to think that the RC industry is not that much different from the toy industry that I used to do design work for. We used to have catalogs from different manufacturers with lots of generic gearboxes and modules that could be mixed and matched, with different quality components, depending on what price-point we were aiming for.

To be honest, the 2 rc buggies that have me scratching my head are XRAY 808 and Serpent 811: the boxes and packaging are virtually identical, the treated steel parts have the same finish and printed type font on them, and the plastics are eerily similar, though one is allegedly made in Slovakia, while the other in Asia.

Agreed on the Xray and Serpent. I have looked at both and they almost appear to be made by one in the same manufacture. That explains maybe why the Serpent has turned out bomb proof like the Xray. Just does not wear..... I'm hoping my Kyosho has good wear characteristics like the Serpent.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. old_skoolie Australian Racing 22936 08-14-2017 04:25 AM
Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title. TeamDurango Nitro Off-Road 10039 01-28-2017 01:01 AM
Team Durango on drivers hunting spree? After Kyle McBride now... ganymede Nitro Off-Road 55 01-15-2011 09:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:10 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net