Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Can we get a real trophy at a big race and not a $5 plaque?? >

Can we get a real trophy at a big race and not a $5 plaque??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can we get a real trophy at a big race and not a $5 plaque??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think plaques...especially nicely done ones look way better than a gaudy bowling trophy.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

lol.....what kills me is all the tracks here in the midwest now call their big races (trophy races) but only have trophies for the top 3 and tq....i mean come on.....they charge more per entry and expect to make $4000-7000 call it a trophy race but give no trophies....sad atleast my local track is having one trophy race in oct and 1st-10 get one....the way its supposed to be
Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bcarter007
lol.....what kills me is all the tracks here in the midwest now call their big races (trophy races) but only have trophies for the top 3 and tq....i mean come on.....they charge more per entry and expect to make $4000-7000 call it a trophy race but give no trophies....sad atleast my local track is having one trophy race in oct and 1st-10 get one....the way its supposed to be
+1 1st-10 AMain
Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Are you guys sick of the wrapped plastic plaque at big races?? what ever happened to giving out big trophies for big races??
just curious, are you from GA? sounds like the "trophies" we have been getting.... i kinda like them, they are different, i have WAY to many trophies and plaques from Motocross and Supercross.... but i can see your point though.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I prefer the plaques, cooler pictures to remind you of the race and smaller to just hang on the wall. No room for trophies. Only trophy I would want is the Lombardi.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

And we wonder why tracks close and clubs go under.... Pay to play or go find a gravel pit honestly... Who cares what the trophy is like be happy your good enough to have one...

One year at a trophy race we got what looked like a fence board with a sticker on it...

But what I like is the diversity of unique trophies it dosent have to be a 200 dollar trophy...
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like anything but a piece of plastic with a sticker on it. I remember a small points race at this track in AZ Sun Lakes that gave away small glass trophies that were very nice and everyone that got one liked it.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

I dont care about awards. Our tracks provide so much for us grown kids, its not fair to the track owners.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

it's the TROPHY GIRLS that impress me the most.....as long as they're handing me the A-MAIN 1st place "trophy", that is...........hahaha
Old 09-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Marcus, i fully understand what you mean.. On the way to JBRL, will talk with you about the cost. I have an idea for a trohpy for either Nevada State champs race, or Silver State next year that would freaking ROCK. just need to find someone with a CNC machine that wont rip us off to bad.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Marcus, i fully understand what you mean.. On the way to JBRL, will talk with you about the cost. I have an idea for a trohpy for either Nevada State champs race, or Silver State next year that would freaking ROCK. just need to find someone with a CNC machine that wont rip us off to bad.
Send me a PM
Old 09-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Cheap trophies are a waste of money. Maybe I am just used to my BMX days, but you didn't get a trophy if you didn't make the main. Either one of the Top 8 guys in your class or go home empty handed - None of this racing the "E main" stuff. You either qualified for the main or you didn't. The trophies meant something, but after awhile, they start taking up too much space. I think I had some 200 trophies as a BMXer. Only maybe 10 of them really meant anything special (state championships, regional, nationals, and Grands). Every club race gave out a trophy, but after awhile you didn't even bother to take them home anymore.

The better national events had some really nice trophies. My favorites were number plates. At one race they gave out these cool ass statues. Those things looked like they cost $100 bucks a pop. They were nice enough to put on a coffee table. Instead of the standard bowling trophy, maybe give out mounted engine blocks with your finish place. Mounted transmitters. Hell, a mounted tire on wood block with your finish would be cool. I think track operators just need to be more creative.

For RC Racing, I would think something like a custom painted/wrapped body with your finish # on it would be cool. You could hang it on the wall. I also like the Pit Mats. I basically prefer things you can hang on the wall. Acrylic cubes would be nice too.

One BMX series I participated in had a great trophy plaque. EVERYONE got one at the very first race and the plaque had little places to put your win at each successive race in the series. So instead handing out a trophies at all the other races, you got a nice insert to go on the plaque at each following race if you made the main.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do trophies really matter then you have to build a shelf or find a shelf to put them on, a plaque looks way nicer and all you have to do is put a nail/screw in the wall and hang it up no building required. If I could even place high enough to get a plaque that would be fine by me and my plaque would most likely be for having good sportsmanship at said event not for placing. I don't suck but an injury hampers me in the driving department, maybe a plaque for best gibbled driver but besides that it's just for fun and REALLY I DON'T CARE IF I COME IN FIRST OR LAST BUT SOMETHING BETTER THAN LAST WOULD BE NICE AT LEAST MY ENGINE AND SETUP WORK AWESOME ON OUR TRACK JUST I DON'T WORK TO WELL. All fun and games but even prizes of useful equipment would be awesome as well.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I absolutely loved big clunky trophies up until I was 12. I got to a point where I'd toss my trophies in the closet, got bored one day and decided to take them apart and make one gigantic trophy. I like the Plaques that look like motocross number plates, kinda like the early pro series plaques. Now at my current job we have a Hugh wide format vinal printer that can print directly onto plexy glass. I then can take that to our cnc router table to cut them out. I'm thinking about doing the plaques for our track.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

like those maybe??

cheers

Ali

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.