R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #346
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Larsen View Post
I'm an Intech team driver for Intech Denmark (Europe) and I used a Kyosho MP9e motor mount which fits, but you need to modify the other half of the center diff mount. The mp9e mount is hugely expensive though.

Also, can someone make up a list of what aftermarket bodies fits the BR5 Evo? Both nitro and, preferably, electric specific bodies. The Stock BR5 body is outdated, ugly and fits poorly when the car is converted. Heard Associated bodies fit, is that true?

I run an JConcepts Punisher made for the RC8 and it fits nicely.

R.I.P Matt "Reaper" Powers 09/24/1953 - 10/24/2013
JamminSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #347
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Heres a electric conversion that l did yesterday,l had a old caster ex1.5r laying around so l used all of the centre diff assembley and one of the battery boxes, l gave it a run with a 7.4v battery and also with 14.8v battery and it handled it really well
This Br5 buggy was one of the first of the production line and is still going strong,have never broke or replaced a part on it but yes its getting pritty tired in the plastic as you can see the exhaust pipe had got friendly with the side gaurd at one stage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Outlaw Racing Fuel
Darylc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #348
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is a couple pictures of our ebuggy conversion.
We had finish wiring it up saturday morning at the dialed race.
Got 1 battery pack practice, ran 3 qualifers
Made 7th for the "A" main
finished 3Rd
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Intech BR5 Evo-img057.jpg   2011 Intech BR5 Evo-img058.jpg  
Russ Kinsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #349
Tech Regular

INTECH Racing is interviewed by the Japan RC magaZine!!
Many thanks for the help of INTECH Japan exclusive distirbutor, Hirofactory!!!
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Intech BR5 Evo-small.jpg  

Last edited by IRSR; 04-20-2012 at 08:30 PM.
IRSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #350
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know aluminium servo saver arm that fits evo?
janne@racersrcshop.com
jannes28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #351
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Just got my EVO kit and started the build. I gotta say that the pieces look to be reall good stuff and on par with top notch brand names. Can't wait to finish it up and run it this weekend.
Thanks Russ for getting out quickly!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #352
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
Just got my EVO kit and started the build. I gotta say that the pieces look to be reall good stuff and on par with top notch brand names. Can't wait to finish it up and run it this weekend.
Thanks Russ for getting out quickly!
you will enjoy it. just goto newgenerations website and find Hunter's (cupcake ) set up and use it. I think you will be pleased with it.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #353
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyc1127 View Post
you will enjoy it. just goto newgenerations website and find Hunter's (cupcake ) set up and use it. I think you will be pleased with it.
Thanks....I checked it out but could not find it. Do you happen to have the link? My stock set up feels "off" on the bench and just want to compare.
I'm just about done with just linkage adjustments but very pleased with the build. Nice stuff!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #354
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks....I checked it out but could not find it. Do you happen to have the link? My stock set up feels "off" on the bench and just want to compare.
I'm just about done with just linkage adjustments but very pleased with the build. Nice stuff!

Most of Hunter's setups are listed here
http://www.intechracing-usa.com/

Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #355
Tech Initiate

so the frozen tundra thawed 3 weeks ago and i have finally got to run my intech. shhhh!!! don't tell anyone but this car is very fast. there are a couple minor things i did change 1 the rear arm opening for the shock can bind on the shock eyelet if you use much anti-squat, bevel the arm around the opening that gives more clearance. 2 don't over tighten the inner hinge pins. 3 i rotated the servo saver 180 decrees and shortened it for clearance and filled the opening under it with 5 minute epoxy and drilled a new hole{easier to get full steering both ways}.
basic set-up is similar to the last i saw of Hunters
stock roll centers
most of the kick-up {1down}
about 2 degree of ant-squat {.5 up or more}
5,7,5 in the diffs.
long rear wheel base
i vary the rear toe and anti-roll bars to get the traction off corners i need.
With the shocks i like generally a lot of rebound{you can usually run lighter oil and still land the larger stuff}, to get that i start by filling the shock than push the shaft in about 3/4 of the way then install the blatter and extend the shaft back out with you finger on the blatter {you will feel it expand and you will keep it in place} then just screw on the cap. the only trick is in how much you pushed the shaft in to begin with,{push both shocks in about the same amount.} well that my 2 cents worth.
p.s. has any one worn any thing out yet?!? this thing is tough, some days i am just a duability tester. tim
Old 05-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #356
Tech Regular

Default INTECH BR-5 Evo and Makoto Mogi is intereviewed again!

Team INTECH Japan official driver Makoto Mogi is intereviewed by Japan RC Nagazine again!
Mogi is active as a Japanese top driver during 20 years and he runs the final race of the Japanese championship every year no matter what different difficulties hes facing. With his unique ability upon machine setting, it's believed hes going to turn a whole new page in Japan RC with the BR-5 Evo!
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Intech BR5 Evo-apr-small.jpg  
Old 05-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #357
Tech Elite

I read somewhere that the mp9 body fits the BR5 EVO. I tried to fit a TKI2 body but the front mount is too high. How are you guys mounting it? with what mount are you using? Thanks in advance. I was going to drill and use a post type of mount on the servo savor top plate but the graphite one has little room for it. Anyone got a aluminum one from the pro kit for sale? I didnt see it listed on NGD site.
I also saw somewhere that Intech had the aluminum wing buttons. Where can I get those in the U.S.?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #358
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Larsen View Post
I'm an Intech team driver for Intech Denmark (Europe) and I used a Kyosho MP9e motor mount which fits, but you need to modify the other half of the center diff mount. The mp9e mount is hugely expensive though.

Also, can someone make up a list of what aftermarket bodies fits the BR5 Evo? Both nitro and, preferably, electric specific bodies. The Stock BR5 body is outdated, ugly and fits poorly when the car is converted. Heard Associated bodies fit, is that true?
Hunter is running our Night Fox for the Associated RC8. The rear of the body needs to be cut a little longer than the molded cutline, otherwise it fits great. It should be good on both nitro and electric, though some of the larger LiPos may not fit as comfortably.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Intech BR5 Evo-467115_335245966524995_100001187837555_939465_869577689_o.jpg  

AVID | RCAmerica | VP Powermaster
GoldenEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #359
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I read somewhere that the mp9 body fits the BR5 EVO. I tried to fit a TKI2 body but the front mount is too high. How are you guys mounting it? with what mount are you using? Thanks in advance. I was going to drill and use a post type of mount on the servo savor top plate but the graphite one has little room for it. Anyone got a aluminum one from the pro kit for sale? I didnt see it listed on NGD site.
I also saw somewhere that Intech had the aluminum wing buttons. Where can I get those in the U.S.?
NGD should have the Aluminum buttons on hand. Email Russ if they arent on the site.

For the Aluminum top plate..... The one from the pro kit will not work. On the EVO Intech narrowed the servo saver post mounts by about 10MM. The top plate nor ackerman plate will interchange between the 2. One option to lower the mount is to cut the alignment peg off and run the screw through the lower hole in the tower. That will lower the body by about 3-4mm.

Any bodies for the AE RC8.2 will fit! The FTW Nightfox is an awesome looking body and fits the EVO very nicely!!

Old 05-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #360
Tech Regular

Default German W&A teamdriver Micha Widmaier placed 7th overall in at BaWue Cup!

W&A teamdriver Micha Widmaier placed 3rd running INTECH BR-5 Evo buggy for the first round and 7th overall at the BaWue Cup in Nufringen / Germany during May 19-20.
He also won the youth final with a lead of two laps!

Here is the final result :

Attached Thumbnails
2011 Intech BR5 Evo-michanufrimgen2012.jpg   2011 Intech BR5 Evo-micha-result.jpg   2011 Intech BR5 Evo-michasenden2012.jpg