Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
2011 Intech BR5 Evo >

2011 Intech BR5 Evo

2011 Intech BR5 Evo

Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I was able get to run the buggy this past weekend after a slow ending to 2011 and was itching to get out and get run time. Im still able go down south to participate on there Point Series, I was able get thru all my 3 qualifyers with no buggy issues, the track was fast as always being its run wet and once it gets dark the moisture tends to come up and keeping the track moist.

I ended up winning one qualyfier out of 3 and ended up in the Main in 3rd position as always the guys down there are fun to race with and they having home track advantage, but it was all good being the buggy felt great and not let me down, so i wanted to push it hard. the wing post spacer option did help, keep the screws from coming out being that was issue last time down there so no worries about that this time around.

My plan was to do a early pitstop about 4 min mark to avoid traffic and well my pit guy was pitting another aswell this way I be able run last 8 mins and focus on the race, well little that I known I flamed out after pit stop and that inturn effected my outcome being after the race i found out one of the clutch bell bearings was issue for my flame out, ending up in 5th one lap down from 1st place.

Yet the buggy is still running hard and not failed me at all and gives me great confidence for racing this coming year.

good luck to all Team members this year
Old 01-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

who all is going to be burning some nitro with there buggy this weekend? I myself and headed to Indy to get some wheel time. I am tring to see if I can get Russ to drag Hunter "CUPCAKE" Kinsey up there too.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

I finally got to run on my local track this weekend and a few members did a redo to the track after a long month of no racing, It turned out to be a nice night for racing with cooler temps yet everyone was eager to run on the new layout.

I ended up going early get a few runs before setting up the program for the night and with a few members I was able get some practice and the track was flowing very nice a little loose due to top layer breaking up, they ended up adding some water to the track to hold down some dust.

The buggy was handling great even thou it was loose on the backside I think I was just over steering cause it been so long have tight turns,yet it felt good all thru the night of qualifying, ended up 4th for the main.

Most of the guys wanted more run time so instead of long quals we opted our for longer mains(12 mins). I managed to get a good run 1st lap and after that one big jump we had ended up loosing steering after closer look turns out screw to left frt steering block screw backed out and lost bushing and effecting my turns and managed to crack upper area, after thinking over I would put another screw on the lower part of steering block and tie strap upper piece and figured it should hold, after 4 laps down I went back out and the performance didnt change and I was able get a few nice decent laps, even thou I was down 2 laps from last place, its was a great night of racing at my local track and spending time with our members.

We are racing again this coming weekend to make up for lose time this way i can get more run time with the buggy before Tx RC Pro Series Round 1

Hope see you guys in a few weeks and compare set-ups
Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roy G
I finally got to run on my local track this weekend and a few members did a redo to the track after a long month of no racing, It turned out to be a nice night for racing with cooler temps yet everyone was eager to run on the new layout.

I ended up going early get a few runs before setting up the program for the night and with a few members I was able get some practice and the track was flowing very nice a little loose due to top layer breaking up, they ended up adding some water to the track to hold down some dust.

The buggy was handling great even thou it was loose on the backside I think I was just over steering cause it been so long have tight turns,yet it felt good all thru the night of qualifying, ended up 4th for the main.

Most of the guys wanted more run time so instead of long quals we opted our for longer mains(12 mins). I managed to get a good run 1st lap and after that one big jump we had ended up loosing steering after closer look turns out screw to left frt steering block screw backed out and lost bushing and effecting my turns and managed to crack upper area, after thinking over I would put another screw on the lower part of steering block and tie strap upper piece and figured it should hold, after 4 laps down I went back out and the performance didnt change and I was able get a few nice decent laps, even thou I was down 2 laps from last place, its was a great night of racing at my local track and spending time with our members.

We are racing again this coming weekend to make up for lose time this way i can get more run time with the buggy before Tx RC Pro Series Round 1

Hope see you guys in a few weeks and compare set-ups
I am antsy just thinking about rnd 1. kinda exciting making my return to buggy...nothing to special as I can't drive. But just something new so to say.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Here you go Bobby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOAVa7emKcc
Old 01-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

looking at the pics of this car it looks great , havent seen one run on the track but i am sure i will someday soon like in a couple weeks i will check out ross carters car at the cabin fever indoor supercross reace in lewiston,Idaho

good job to Russ !!

Hunter "cupcake" Kinsey
Old 01-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by houston
looking at the pics of this car it looks great , havent seen one run on the track but i am sure i will someday soon like in a couple weeks i will check out ross carters car at the cabin fever indoor supercross reace in lewiston,Idaho

good job to Russ !!

Hunter "cupcake" Kinsey
yes monty you will get to see one up close at the cabin fever in a february. that will be my first race with the new buggy. Im excited, Im tired of just practicing all the time I want to race!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roy G
LMAO How did you know Roy? LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default New INTECH SWISS A7075-T6 hard coated caster block 12 degree (R/L) DM!!

NEW DMMMMMMM
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Intech BR5 Evo-intech-caster-block-op.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

got to take my buggy to Indy yesterday. and hung out with Russ and Hunter along with Aaron. Had a total blast. Even hit head to head with Aaron and thought I broke either his or mine. Of course waddled over and told him sorry and he said no problem. Just another testamony as to how much a whippin' these things will take. It seems the more I drive it the better it feels. Now comes the tear down and clean up and preping it for rnd 1 of the Texas State Series.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Initiate

got my 5mm extended chassis yesterday, the shipping was wicked fast thanks russ. I cant wait to see the improvement that it makes to the car. I wont be able to run it until the cabin fever race in lewiston id on feb 10th but that will give me plenty of time to give my buggy a much needed rebuild.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

are some still mount the links at the servosaver plate upside down ?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We would like to Welcome Michael Harrison to Intech Team for 2012.
Michael is back into the scene and it is Great to have him back!!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hunter_Kinsey
We would like to Welcome Michael Harrison to Intech Team for 2012.
Michael is back into the scene and it is Great to have him back!!
Thanks Hunter! About 90% built....should get it on track this weekend.

Did you figure out what was going on with your engine?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Here is my Intech for the new year!!
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Intech BR5 Evo-2012-01-24-20.28.03.jpg   2011 Intech BR5 Evo-2012-01-24-20.28.18.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.