R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Loganville Ga
Posts: 755
Default

Buggy price?
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:15 AM   #17
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 273
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kadow View Post
Buggy price?
Brian price is on the website. It is $450.00

http://newgenerationdistribution.com
Russ Kinsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #18
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 273
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntechRacer5 View Post
Great, glad to hear it Russ,I am looking forward to some serious racing action with BR-5 Evo.
Glad to have you aboard, like I said we will be racing alot more in the south and be there to help all our folks!
Russ Kinsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Kinsey View Post
Glad to have you aboard, like I said we will be racing alot more in the south and be there to help all our folks!
Thanks Russ, thank you for the opportunity. Good times
IntechRacer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Be great guys, if we could get some pics and setups from some of you racers who have been racing the BR-5 for awhile now and your feedback on the car. Thanks
IntechRacer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic
 
JamminSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shreveport, La.
Posts: 830
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Well here is my basic setup on the BR-5 Pro


Front:

5K diff
35Wt shock oil
Blue springs
-2* Camber
3* toe out
1* antidive insert in down position
0* front toe plate insert
middle top/inside shock mounting
100mm shock length
9mm preload

Center:
5K diff
30%front brake
70% rear brake

Rear:
2K diff
35wt shock oil
Blue Springs
-3 Camber
0* antisquat insert
2.5* toe
middle top/outside shock mounting
120mm shock length
13mm preload

I also run a slight drag brake. For me this setup requires just a slight, slight amount of throttle input to turn in. Basically just enough to eliminate the drag brake. This is the baseline setup I start each race with..
__________________
Shawn Powers
::Special Thanks to My 2014 Sponsors::
Imbue Motorsports, Radiosistemi, RW Mods, Argus Engines, Radiopost

R.I.P Matt "Reaper" Powers 09/24/1953 - 10/24/2013
JamminSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamminSP View Post
Well here is my basic setup on the BR-5 Pro


Front:

5K diff
35Wt shock oil
Blue springs
-2* Camber
3* toe out
1* antidive insert in down position
0* front toe plate insert
middle top/inside shock mounting
100mm shock length
9mm preload

Center:
5K diff
30%front brake
70% rear brake

Rear:
2K diff
35wt shock oil
Blue Springs
-3 Camber
0* antisquat insert
2.5* toe
middle top/outside shock mounting
120mm shock length
13mm preload

I also run a slight drag brake. For me this setup requires just a slight, slight amount of throttle input to turn in. Basically just enough to eliminate the drag brake. This is the baseline setup I start each race with..
Shawn what other diff oils have you tried and what was the result?
IntechRacer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic
 
JamminSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shreveport, La.
Posts: 830
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

My first setup was a 7/10/3. With that I found that the off power steering wasnt what I desired. I then dropped to a 5/5/3 and got much much better. I actually ran it like that for a couple races. I kept the same chassis setup and dropped to a 2K in the rear to settle it down a little on power. It seemed with my clutch/engine combo that it got kinda twitchy on power with the 3k. Its very comfortable for me and Im sure some of the handling couldve been corrected in the chassis. I opted to settle it with the diffs and tweak the chassis to fine tune.
__________________
Shawn Powers
::Special Thanks to My 2014 Sponsors::
Imbue Motorsports, Radiosistemi, RW Mods, Argus Engines, Radiopost

R.I.P Matt "Reaper" Powers 09/24/1953 - 10/24/2013
JamminSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #24
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamminSP View Post
My first setup was a 7/10/3. With that I found that the off power steering wasnt what I desired. I then dropped to a 5/5/3 and got much much better. I actually ran it like that for a couple races. I kept the same chassis setup and dropped to a 2K in the rear to settle it down a little on power. It seemed with my clutch/engine combo that it got kinda twitchy on power with the 3k. Its very comfortable for me and Im sure some of the handling couldve been corrected in the chassis. I opted to settle it with the diffs and tweak the chassis to fine tune.
May start off with that as soon as I get my Evo in. Plan to do some serious practice and testing at my local track so I can get comfortable with the car. Are you coming to the Texas State Finals in Alvin,Texas?
IntechRacer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic
 
JamminSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shreveport, La.
Posts: 830
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I sure will be there!!!

Im actually on my second Pro kit. The first one I ran 9 gallons on it before retiring and building a new one. Only parts I had to change were steering blocks and 1 wing mount. The steering blocks were the pre-updated ones and were a known issue that has been corrected. The wing mount didnt break, just tweaked. I took a real bad tumble and literally offset the wing mount by almost 1" but never broke it. The dogbones, outdrives, CVDs all show very little signs of wear. Hingepins show no wear and fit new arms with zero play. The ball ends showed the typical wear but are still usable. The shock caps show some wear and could probably be replaced. All of this is after 9 gallons and quite a few bad landings.
__________________
Shawn Powers
::Special Thanks to My 2014 Sponsors::
Imbue Motorsports, Radiosistemi, RW Mods, Argus Engines, Radiopost

R.I.P Matt "Reaper" Powers 09/24/1953 - 10/24/2013
JamminSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamminSP View Post
I sure will be there!!!

Im actually on my second Pro kit. The first one I ran 9 gallons on it before retiring and building a new one. Only parts I had to change were steering blocks and 1 wing mount. The steering blocks were the pre-updated ones and were a known issue that has been corrected. The wing mount didnt break, just tweaked. I took a real bad tumble and literally offset the wing mount by almost 1" but never broke it. The dogbones, outdrives, CVDs all show very little signs of wear. Hingepins show no wear and fit new arms with zero play. The ball ends showed the typical wear but are still usable. The shock caps show some wear and could probably be replaced. All of this is after 9 gallons and quite a few bad landings.
Nice, thanks for the info, I will be there as well, so look forward to meeting you.
IntechRacer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #27
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 273
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ok here is the Evo set up we currently are using,

Front
5k
2.4 mm sway bar
1.3 X 6 pistons 40Wt
8.2 MM preload
Upper mid hole shock postion
lower inner on arm
2 degree camber
0 toe
anti dive lower postion

Center
5K


Rear
3K
3 degree toe
anti squat at 1 degree
Chamber at 3 degree
2mm space infront of arm
wheelbase middle
37.5 Wt
1.3X6 holes
Top outer on Tower
Inner on arm
2.6 mm swaybar
11.3 mm preload
camber links lower inner holes
middle postion at hubs


non stock
Running Durango orange springs as we only had kit white springs,
well will most likely go with the Intech blue springs
Russ Kinsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,414
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

This buggy looks nice. I may have to try one since it looks like my xray.
__________________
Retired - 9.5Pro -> Jammin X1 -> Jammin X2 -> AE RC8B -> Serpent S811 Cobra -> Hotbodies D8 -> 2010 XB808 -> 2011 XB808 -> 2012 XB9 // 2012 XB9-E, Current Vehicles -> 2013 XB9 // Converted 2013 XB9E
mcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic
 
JamminSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shreveport, La.
Posts: 830
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

It is alot like an XRay. Without the glitz and glammor...... Ive found that some of the XRay suspension parts will fit...
__________________
Shawn Powers
::Special Thanks to My 2014 Sponsors::
Imbue Motorsports, Radiosistemi, RW Mods, Argus Engines, Radiopost

R.I.P Matt "Reaper" Powers 09/24/1953 - 10/24/2013
JamminSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Kinsey View Post
Ok here is the Evo set up we currently are using,

Front
5k
2.4 mm sway bar
1.3 X 6 pistons 40Wt
8.2 MM preload
Upper mid hole shock postion
lower inner on arm
2 degree camber
0 toe
anti dive lower postion

Center
5K


Rear
3K
3 degree toe
anti squat at 1 degree
Chamber at 3 degree
2mm space infront of arm
wheelbase middle
37.5 Wt
1.3X6 holes
Top outer on Tower
Inner on arm
2.6 mm swaybar
11.3 mm preload
camber links lower inner holes
middle postion at hubs


non stock
Running Durango orange springs as we only had kit white springs,
well will most likely go with the Intech blue springs
Cool thx Russ can't wait to get mine on the track.
IntechRacer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net