Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
The new RC8.2 WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT? >

The new RC8.2 WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new RC8.2 WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default The new RC8.2 WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

I did'nt see this post up yet , just thought i could start getting and giving some feedback on it started.

I have one on order already cant wait till it gets here.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

FYI theres already a RC8.2 thread started. I also plan on getting one when it come out next month and I anticipate it being a great car.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcmoe
FYI theres already a RC8.2 thread started. I also plan on getting one when it come out next month and I anticipate it being a great car.
should be... its got so many mp9/design parts now
Old 08-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xboxandrcdude
x2 chasing kyosho Was the "B" really that bad?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by drs92
b? the rc8b? cant really say its bad, its just that heaps of people are saying its night and day differnce in handling.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

b? the rc8b? cant really say its bad, its just that heaps of people are saying its night and day differnce in handling.
Yea the "B" . I had the RC8 never ran it, heard it was a mess though. (heard that idk if its true) Then they come out with the RC8B and now RC8.2
Old 08-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Addict

I dont know what the new ones like yet ,but as for the rc8b its been one of the best buggies ive ever owned,and ive been through almost all manu's.
except kyosho.

I compare it to the great mbx6.
Just my opinion tho
Old 08-26-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 08supermoto
I dont know what the new ones like yet ,but as for the rc8b its been one of the best buggies ive ever owned,and ive been through almost all manu's.
except kyosho.

Just my opinion tho
try a mp9... its like a lambo(mp9) to a mini
Old 08-26-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

except kyosho.

Just my opinion tho
I sure would love to try a mugen, I can't seem to find one I like I want a buggy with alot of steering and such. Out of all the ones you tried, little off topic but what's you top 3. I had a D8 and RC8 both sold off before running, but they looked great. Now I'm with Losi, and well can't comment if I wanna keep it. Hopefully the 8.2 is great with no issues upon release..
Old 08-26-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Dont get me wrong I dont think the mp9 is a bad buggy ,but its not worth how much there asking for.
The diffs blow in the kyosho too much, everyone i know that has one,thats there #1 complaint.

I dont know how you can compare a mp9=lambo & mugen or rc8b=a mini, cause thats so far from the truth.

I race with mp9/tki2 all the time,and i constantly hear that they want to get rid of them.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

I sure would love to try a mugen, I can't seem to find one I like I want a buggy with alot of steering and such. Out of all the ones you tried, little off topic but what's you top 3. I had a D8 and RC8 both sold off before running, but they looked great. Now I'm with Losi, and well can't comment if I wanna keep it. Hopefully the 8.2 is great with no issues upon release..

My top 3

1-Mugen mbx6
2-Rc8b CE
3-losi 2.0,but the parts wear out to fast for me on the losi thats why i got rid of mines

The hotbodies d8 is a close 3rd if you know what your doing with it,tho it didnt fit me well.

Remember your set up has a lot to do with it.
a lot of people buy one and expect it to be perfect right out the box.And they almost never are except for the losi 2.0's
Old 08-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

But for half the fricken price of a over ratted over priced Kysho lol!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Thats funny because I know several people at my local track thats gotten rid of there Kyshos because they didnt like them one way or another. Matter of fact I can remember when one of them got there Kysho he said it was the Ferarri of cars. Then he bought a used Durango to use as a backup/practice car and ended up not only liking the Durango way more then his Kysho , he ended up selling it lmao. This RC game is all about preference and just because one car works for someone , it doesnt mean the next man is going to like it.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Dont get me wrong I dont think the mp9 is a bad buggy ,but its not worth how much there asking for.
The diffs blow in the kyosho too much, everyone i know that has one,thats there #1 complaint.

I dont know how you can compare a mp9=lambo & mugen or rc8b=a mini, cause thats so far from the truth.

I race with mp9/tki2 all the time,and i constantly hear that they want to get rid of them.

Not only do there diffs blow , there spur gears constantly strip too. Another thing is they seem to push from what I've seen and hear. Ofcourse set up and track has a bit to do with it but thats with any car. I had a losi 2.0 T and there decent cars but you have to dump a lot of money in to them to make them a true race roller. And yes they're plastic is cheap and wears fast and everyone knows they're not the best steering cars.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

didn't know the Lamborghini was such a reliable and maintenance free car?

On thing the though, the kyosho was the smoothest car I ever driven around the track. If the RC8.2 can approach that handling with better reliability at half cost on top of AE's excellent parts availability then any stigma of being "associated" with MP9'ness is a bigger selling point than some may realize.

you surely can't accuse this as another losi copy....1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.