Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
The new RC8.2 WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT? >

The new RC8.2 WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new RC8.2 WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=drs92;9602492]All you go to batt for the damn car and it's not even out yet. Hate on an $800 car, because of the price. Why? No one asked any of you "HATERS" to dish out the money and buy it. So quit crying about it and buy your RC8 Good for you that you bought a cheaper car. They (Kyosho owners) could have also but didn't. There is no reason to diss the people or the car. QUOTE]

Hurrah! A voice of sense,

Read through this with a giggle TBH.

Im a kyosho owner and have been for a while,

Did i spend a lot of money on my car

YES

Do i regret doing it

NO

Will i need to buy a new MP9 next season

NO

Why? because my car is still mint after a season of running, which includes runtime heavy events like neo, PP, Proline,

Why will it teach manufactures a lesson?? Kyosho is made in Japan, everything is shipped from japan, all testing research and other bits that i dont know about is done in japan. Japan is an expensive place to live shipping stuff from there isnt cheap....

Not to mention that kyosho is 8 x world champion, Neo champion twice, european champion 5 times (i think)

They dont have anything to proove, the other teams need to step up to the plate IMO

Now dont get me wrong, its great that AE have a new car, i liked the old RC8 but its taken mp9 geometry which should tell you something, and the likes of caverlerie use mp9 components on their car.

I say good luck AE, but bashing a product because of its price is pretty lame.

Just my 2 cents
Old 09-02-2011, 06:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That's pretty stupid to judge or bash people by their cars they own. If someone wants a Kyo, why not? They are expensive but they are pretty good cars.

A lot of people suffer of the "Mine is better than yours" syndrome.

I own AE cars for 20 years, I don't get mad with people running others brands. That's just fun!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sylvain
That's pretty stupid to judge or bash people by their cars they own. If someone wants a Kyo, why not? They are expensive but they are pretty good cars.

I own AE cars for 20 years, I don't get mad with people running others brands. That's just fun!
I wish there was a like button!!

Agree 100%
Old 09-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You Kyosho owners are getting silly with your posts and I'm the one youre crying over. Ive bashed Kyosho over it being over priced and theres tons of people that agree with it. Ive never said it wasnt a good car but only over priced. You can buy 2 of the new AE cars for the price of one Kyosho. I dont give a ratts ass where that car is coming from. If some choose to spend that much on a car then thats there perogative. But many people go out and buy that car because of its name and think its going to make them faster and not break. Which a lot of them find out thats not the case.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

And I never bashed or took personal shots and no one so thats studpid for you to even post that comment.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rcmoe
And I never bashed or took personal shots and no one so thats studpid for you to even post that comment.
RCMOE, If my comment would have been for you, I would have quoted your message.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

RCMOE, If my comment would have been for you, I would have quoted your message.
Really? Ok man then I shouldnt assume but a lot of the Kyosho price bashing has been coming from me and you're previous posts includes a little of everything but know one specifically.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

You Kyosho owners are getting silly with your posts and I'm the one youre crying over. Ive bashed Kyosho over it being over priced and theres tons of people that agree with it. Ive never said it wasnt a good car but only over priced. You can buy 2 of the new AE cars for the price of one Kyosho. I dont give a ratts ass where that car is coming from. If some choose to spend that much on a car then thats there perogative. But many people go out and buy that car because of its name and think its going to make them faster and not break. Which a lot of them find out thats not the case.

im not crying at all i think this thread is rather amusing tbh,

I must be a select few then as it has made me faster! and for the record it shows your ignorance if you don't take location into the reason for cost -

Location means distance travelled for parts/kits that cost would be passed onto the consumer.

Japan is in Yen and because the dollar is so piss poor at the moment that won't help with the cost either so the exchange rate doesn't help either.

I won't say its not expensive it is, but so far for me the cost is outweighed by the car's quality, mine has done a full season and i can happily run it next year as it doesn't really show any signs of wear or tear..

My thinking is this car may last 2 seasons or more so what i do is divide the cost i paid by how many seasons it does on original parts suddenly it doesn't seem so expensive.

Im not going to argue its not worth it with you LOL you clearly are on a car bashing mission go and spend your money where you want and let others do the same.

my whole point is i get bored with people moaning about the cost of kyosho kits, you don't have to buy them so don't moan about them....

Simples!!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ginters

im not crying at all i think this thread is rather amusing tbh,

I must be a select few then as it has made me faster! and for the record it shows your ignorance if you don't take location into the reason for cost -

Location means distance travelled for parts/kits that cost would be passed onto the consumer.

Japan is in Yen and because the dollar is so piss poor at the moment that won't help with the cost either so the exchange rate doesn't help either.

I won't say its not expensive it is, but so far for me the cost is outweighed by the car's quality, mine has done a full season and i can happily run it next year as it doesn't really show any signs of wear or tear..

My thinking is this car may last 2 seasons or more so what i do is divide the cost i paid by how many seasons it does on original parts suddenly it doesn't seem so expensive.

Im not going to argue its not worth it with you LOL you clearly are on a car bashing mission go and spend your money where you want and let others do the same.

my whole point is i get bored with people moaning about the cost of kyosho kits, you don't have to buy them so don't moan about them....

Simples!!

What would even be simpilar is you not coming over to this thread with your IGNORANT comments. You must cant read very well because I've already said I'm not bashing Kyoshos quality but only its pricing. And I know about stuff coming from Japan is more expensive. Duh , that doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out and like I mentioned above I can give a ratts ass where that car is coming from. If that car is working for you then whoopdie doo. You can continue to drive that over priced car imo and I'll stick with a more reasonable priced car
Old 09-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

What would even be simpilar is you not coming over to this thread with your IGNORANT comments. You must cant read very well because I've already said I'm not bashing Kyoshos quality but only its pricing. And I know about stuff coming from Japan is more expensive. Duh , that doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out and like I mentioned above I can give a ratts ass where that car is coming from. If that car is working for you then whoopdie doo. You can continue to drive that over priced car imo and I'll stick with a more reasonable priced car
Awesome!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
I agree. Being an engineer, i'm well versed in materials. Their plastics might be different, but aircraft aluminum is aircraft aluminum. There are industry standards that govern aluminum alloys. Kyosho's isn't any better than Associated's, and visa versa. There is absolutely NO REASON whatsoever as to why the Kyosho's shock tower is nearly $45 more than the AE one.
I too am an engineer and the standerds you speak of only work in North America Asia has no real standards when it comes to rc cars . If you test 7075 from Canada or the Us it would not even come close to aircraft grade its too brittle
Old 09-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

...but its taken mp9 geometry which should tell you something...
Again. Who the hell said this? If it was not AE, it IS a load of crap. Period. Stop saying it. what makes the mp9's geometry so good? the car really won crap until Master Tebo got to the wheel, and that was close to 2 years after its intro. How do you know the mp9 didn't copy Losi's or whatever's? How do you know? the damn car was totally remade because the mp777wc was getting hammered mostly by the Losi AND the AE.

Technically speaking all cars copy each other, and if you need an ancestor, maybe Losi is the modern ancestor because its suspension design - we dont know about the geometry - is basically the modern standard.

Who can measure the geometry of a car without pretty impressive tools? damn!

The mp9 is just as good as all the other top cars. just buy the car you like and call it quits.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

does anyone know a actual release date for the rc8.2
Old 09-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Awesome!!!

Typical response from someone like yourself
Old 09-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan200487
does anyone know a actual release date for the rc8.2

This is the million dollar question buddy lol. My LHS is trying to find out. I even called AE yesterday to try to find out but they had me on hold for so long I hung up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.