R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #76
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Dealers can't advertise it for less because of MAP pricing. They can sell it for what they want in-store. It's against the law for anyone to tell you what you can sell at.
We have been selling Losi Race-Rollers for $400 for the better part of the year.




Keep in mind the though , like Ive said in previous posts you have to dump atleast another $300 into it to make it a true race roller
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #77
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,925
Default

Sorry if this has already been done before, but can somebody list what parts the new RC8B 2.0 will carry over from the RC8B?... Diffs, etc? I have a small hobby-shop's worth of Associated parts is why I ask..
__________________
-Team Associated RC8.2, RC8T CE, & SC8 with 1.) Argus A52/0801, 2.) RB Fire 11/2058 or 053, 3.) RB Blast V9/2045, 4.) Nosram RS.30RR/JP-4, & 5.) modded Nosram RS.21RR/086
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #78
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

All you go to batt for the damn car and it's not even out yet. Hate on an $800 car, because of the price. Why? No one asked any of you "HATERS" to dish out the money and buy it. So quit crying about it and buy your RC8 Good for you that you bought a cheaper car. They (Kyosho owners) could have also but didn't. There is no reason to diss the people or the car. I mean come on, you are driving a clone atleast give big brother K some loving. In conclusion, that's my opinion
__________________
TLR 22B
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmoe View Post
Keep in mind the though , like Ive said in previous posts you have to dump atleast another $300 into it to make it a true race roller
Would you mind explaining what you mean by spending another $300 to make it a true race roller ? I have raced several different machines and I like the Losi because it seems to fit my style much better. Although, I do believe that you can set up any buggy to fit your style.
Optional parts are just that, option. Most are for people that don't know any better and love to buy the bling.
I've had many podium finishes with a stock Losi and have yet needed anything additional to make the car better. I liked Hot Bodies but was not as consistant with it. Never messed with Associated but may one day but am happy with where I'm at right now.
The price on the Associated is a good one though. We will be selling them at $469.
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.

Last edited by Greg B; 09-01-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #80
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Would you mind explaining what you mean by spending another $300 to make it a true race roller ?
He doesn't know.........he's to busy working the front end slop out of his MP9 clone.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #81
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
He doesn't know.........he's to busy working the front end slop out of his MP9 clone.

First of all smarty the 8.2 or clone how you've put it isnt even out yet so what slop am I working on? Oh , youve been on the RC8B thread nosing around in business that you dont even know what the hell you're talking about so how about minding your own partner
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #82
Tech Master
 
beidle99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Woodbury, NJ
Posts: 1,928
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I for one think the 8.2 is going to very competative with every car on the market. All of the guys that have run just the upgrade kit on the 8B have said how much better the car feels.
AE took it one step further then just the worlds upgrade...they went and tweeked the towers and arms a little more, reduced rotating weight and sprung/unsprung weight, smoothed out the diffs, etc.

I can't see how they did all the R&D and new molds and only added $20 to the cost of the 8B kit, but they did.

I have seen first hand some local young AE team drivers beat very good privateer drivers the were wheeling the Kyosho with the 8B with out upgrades. Track reconds seem to be broken every week, or at least every month at my local track (granted all by different drivers and different manufactures) but the AE guys seem to be right on target with changes and regain the records.
it seems to me that AE made the car better, and it will be ranked at the top of the pile with the Kyhosho. And yes I did run a Kyosho K2 right up until the 777 came out.
__________________
Mugen MBX7R, Fusion X5 Race "FM", Houston's Engine Service, 2096/41021, Buku Komp
Mugen MBX7 Eco, Hobbywing XR8, SMC 1900, BCE X3.
Team Driver for FusionX Engines & BCE (RIP Bill)
beidle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #83
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Would you mind explaining what you mean by spending another $300 to make it a true race roller ? I have raced several different machines and I like the Losi because it seems to fit my style much better. Although, I do believe that you can set up any buggy to fit your style.
Optional parts are just that, option. Most are for people that don't know any better and love to buy the bling.
I've had many podium finishes with a stock Losi and have yet needed anything additional to make the car better. I liked Hot Bodies but was not as consistant with it. Never messed with Associated but may one day but am happy with where I'm at right now.
The price on the Associated is a good one though. We will be selling them at $469.

The 10 degree inclines are $100 and thats a must to help this non turning car.I dont think the race roller comes with the Alluiminum diff inserts which is another must do to the constant rear diff probs the 2.0 is known for. Yes some of the $300 im referring to is just bling but all the bling the 8.2 comes with is included for a low economical price as opposed to the Losi 2.0 race roller
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #84
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
He doesn't know.........he's to busy working the front end slop out of his MP9 clone.

Also Mr drive by , I had a Losi 2.0T race roller so I do know
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #85
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmoe View Post
The 10 degree inclines are $100 and thats a must to help this non turning car.I dont think the race roller comes with the Alluiminum diff inserts which is another must do to the constant rear diff probs the 2.0 is known for. Yes some of the $300 im referring to is just bling but all the bling the 8.2 comes with is included for a low economical price as opposed to the Losi 2.0 race roller
I'm not debating different car price Or performance here ,actually I'm excited to see how yhr rc8.2 does . But as far as your comments here one is opinion/preference and.the other is just planning false . Losi has won many races before the inclined spindle came out ,the amount of turn in is dependent all on set up and to say a car doesn't have enough turn in for you doesn't mean its not a 'race roller ". And to blame losi for the diff is ridiculous ,its user error if it goes ,just because some can't shim a diff correctly doesn't mean losi has a problem .

The losi is a great car out of the box . Two upgrades that are have to are alum steering.horn and alum servo saver arm,that's $30. Bucks and you can perform week n and week out with out issues.


Back to the rc8.2 discussion now
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #86
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
I'm not debating different car price Or performance here ,actually I'm excited to see how yhr rc8.2 does . But as far as your comments here one is opinion/preference and.the other is just planning false . Losi has won many races before the inclined spindle came out ,the amount of turn in is dependent all on set up and to say a car doesn't have enough turn in for you doesn't mean its not a 'race roller ". And to blame losi for the diff is ridiculous ,its user error if it goes ,just because some can't shim a diff correctly doesn't mean losi has a problem .

The losi is a great car out of the box . Two upgrades that are have to are alum steering.horn and alum servo saver arm,that's $30. Bucks and you can perform week n and week out with out issues.


Back to the rc8.2 discussion now

Lol. You're right a lot of it is racers preference and just because the Losi 2.0 works for you straight out the box doesnt mean it works for everyone else. Practice what ya preach bud. And this is all rc8.2 discussion. We're comparing this car to the so called front runners which include the Losi 2.0 and the Kyosho.
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #87
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,583
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Well, the inclined hub/carrier isn't $100. Something isn't right there. I know the cost and that price stinks.

I think the Associated will be a great car right from the box. It may have a weak point here or there but they all do and is nothing that can't be corrected or fixed easily.
All these cars on the market today are in general good cars. I don't however see what makes the Kyosho so expensive but if you're a brand lover and loyal to it, you're going to think it's the best. That's just natural.
I have to commend Associated for upgrading which they all do but they kept it at a great price point which right now is very important. With the status of the economy and this hobby, a buggy with a higher price point will not draw new consumers. This could very well be a good move by ASC. and set an example for others to follow.
__________________
Dealer for Serpent, Intech, Agama, Pro Speed, JQ Products, Tekno
Alpha,Triton, Picco, Reds, Go, Arrow,Bullitt,Beta
Sponsor- Nemo Racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #88
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 119
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Well, the inclined hub/carrier isn't $100. Something isn't right there. I know the cost and that price stinks.

I think the Associated will be a great car right from the box. It may have a weak point here or there but they all do and is nothing that can't be corrected or fixed easily.
All these cars on the market today are in general good cars. I don't however see what makes the Kyosho so expensive but if you're a brand lover and loyal to it, you're going to think it's the best. That's just natural.
I have to commend Associated for upgrading which they all do but they kept it at a great price point which right now is very important. With the status of the economy and this hobby, a buggy with a higher price point will not draw new consumers. This could very well be a good move by ASC. and set an example for others to follow.

+1 its hard to afford for me and many others for sure. The price is good to keep us in and hopefully get new racers
__________________
RC8.2/Werks B6/KO Propo
boxstang40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #89
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Well i wish others would include kyosho by far the best car for my style that i have driven. But all the same i am getting the 8.2 in hopes that being a wider design like the k car it will 2 fit my style as for me price of kit is important right now for me. But after a good few months of running the car if it does not fit me then i will have to go back to the k car which if was cheaper i would not even entertai. Runni.g anything else
by the way any word on when this rig is going tohit the market
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #90
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Well, the inclined hub/carrier isn't $100. Something isn't right there. I know the cost and that price stinks.

I think the Associated will be a great car right from the box. It may have a weak point here or there but they all do and is nothing that can't be corrected or fixed easily.
All these cars on the market today are in general good cars. I don't however see what makes the Kyosho so expensive but if you're a brand lover and loyal to it, you're going to think it's the best. That's just natural.
I have to commend Associated for upgrading which they all do but they kept it at a great price point which right now is very important. With the status of the economy and this hobby, a buggy with a higher price point will not draw new consumers. This could very well be a good move by ASC. and set an example for others to follow.




A lot of great points here and basically what Ive been saying. What makes the Kyosho so expensive is beyond me. All you're doing with that car is paying for the name. This is a very big move for AE and hopefully it will teach some of the manufactures of these over priced cars a lesson.
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Associated RC8.2 Electric Conversion! K-Line Nitro Off-Road 11 07-19-2011 11:50 PM
The death of my RC8. And rebirth??? marooko Nitro Off-Road 37 03-09-2011 01:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net