R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
Te
he MP9 is not overpriced, once you take in consideration that it comes with ALL the hop ups, including memory motor mount, it costs the same as most others.
And where are you people getting this $1000.00 price from???? you can get an MP9 TKI2 for about $800.00 or less, do your homework (shopping).
Back to the topic, the AE should be a decent buggy, you might need to buy a few hop ups, (I know I did when I ran mine, i spent over $200.00 in Kingz headz upgrades) but a good buggy.
And people stoping trashing the MP9 till you actually own one from new that has been properly built.
I just bought one this week......itching to try it and see.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #47
Tech Regular

I REALLY hope that it was AE who said their geometry was the same as the mp9's, because if not, all these arguments are just full of sh@t.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Let's just wait and drive it and then say what you think. Good or bad.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Te
he MP9 is not overpriced, once you take in consideration that it comes with ALL the hop ups, including memory motor mount, it costs the same as most others.
And where are you people getting this $1000.00 price from???? you can get an MP9 TKI2 for about $800.00 or less, do your homework (shopping).
Back to the topic, the AE should be a decent buggy, you might need to buy a few hop ups, (I know I did when I ran mine, i spent over $200.00 in Kingz headz upgrades) but a good buggy.
And people stoping trashing the MP9 till you actually own one from new that has been properly built.

So its gone down a little bit over the past yr or so. Whoopdy doo lol. It was over priced when it was $1000 and is still over priced at $800 and the parts are still ridiculously over priced. And whats this I read that Kyshos dont break? I see them breaking all the time.Of course the better you drive the less stuff breaks with any car but I've seen expert drivers break stuff on kyshos.
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #50
Tech Master

Back to the topic, the AE should be a decent buggy, you might need to buy a few hop ups, (I know I did when I ran mine, i spent over $200.00 in Kingz headz upgrades) but a good buggy

The RC8.2 comes fully loaded. You wont have to spend a dime in hop ups and you can get it for almost half the price of a Kysho. Do your home work
Old 08-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Default Not A arguement.Its a debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxflo777 View Post
I REALLY hope that it was AE who said their geometry was the same as the mp9's, because if not, all these arguments are just full of sh@t.
Exactly!Nobody on here can prove that AE used or copied kyosho.
So for the people who are just hating on AE for the sake of hating.
Thanks for wasting your time.

Has anyone of you guys that swear by the kyosho greatness,thought that maybe they make you buy all of the hopups first,because without them, it would be nothing more then a "REDCAT".

Fortunately money is not an issue for me,I buy what I want,when i want it.
And the only reason I havent never went kyosho is,when I see one racing, its never dominating the field/pack in a way that i'd ever say....Damn i have to have one,or..........Thats why they cost some much.

Actually, it's almost the very opp.more like,whats the big deal.
08supermoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #52
Tech Addict

I hope They didnt go to far away from the way my RC8BE drives,,,thats on rails .
08supermoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmoe View Post
...and the parts are still ridiculously over priced.
Oh I know, $13.75 vs $11.75 for arms is insane! I am sure the fact that the AE is made in a sweat shop vs. the Kyosho being made in Japan is a large reason for the pricing. Either that or the fact that the Yen hasn't dropped off as sharply as the US dollar could also be a contributing factor.

Be sure to checkout "Come Drive With Us!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTEAMGUY
CoryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #54
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I don't care if they have copied or not the Kyosho design. I've ordered the new 8.2 and I'm quite sure it will be a better buggy than the current version. Now I just hope it will make me a better driver
Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryD View Post
Oh I know, $13.75 vs $11.75 for arms is insane! I am sure the fact that the AE is made in a sweat shop vs. the Kyosho being made in Japan is a large reason for the pricing. Either that or the fact that the Yen hasn't dropped off as sharply as the US dollar could also be a contributing factor.

AE front shock tower $23.49
Kyosho front shock tower $68.99

Do I need to continue?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:

Do I need to continue?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AssocRacer Send a message via Yahoo to AssocRacer

Quote:

Do I need to continue?
I agree. Being an engineer, i'm well versed in materials. Their plastics might be different, but aircraft aluminum is aircraft aluminum. There are industry standards that govern aluminum alloys. Kyosho's isn't any better than Associated's, and visa versa. There is absolutely NO REASON whatsoever as to why the Kyosho's shock tower is nearly $45 more than the AE one.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #58
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Rsickles

The inane comments over the last few pages are hurting my head.

I bet half of the people here arguing the superiority of their TKI2 vs (a not even released) 8.2, or vice-versa, probably don't even realize their poor setups mean the opposing buggy could win on any given day with the right setup.

It never ceases to amaze me how little effort people put into tuning, or their lack of initiative to improve driving skill, yet hold no restraint in believing whatever buggy they purchased is the end-all to their solution of fastest car.

Seriously... Go back to basics, because most probably have it wrong. And really, do you want the embarassment of a guy in a D8 passing you in your [insert high dollar buggy here]?
Rsickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #59
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsickles View Post
The inane comments over the last few pages are hurting my head.

I bet half of the people here arguing the superiority of their TKI2 vs (a not even released) 8.2, or vice-versa, probably don't even realize their poor setups mean the opposing buggy could win on any given day with the right setup.

It never ceases to amaze me how little effort people put into tuning, or their lack of initiative to improve driving skill, yet hold no restraint in believing whatever buggy they purchased is the end-all to their solution of fastest car.

Seriously... Go back to basics, because most probably have it wrong. And really, do you want the embarassment of a guy in a D8 passing you in your [insert high dollar buggy here]?

Tell this to the Kyosho drivers buddy. They're the ones who think there over priced just paying for a name car is making them faster lol.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #60
Tech Master

Te

Low Price: $899.99

Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI2 Competition 1/8 Off Road Buggy
[KYO31785B

This is Amains price for the Kyosho. After tax and shipping you're close to $1000 if not more for this car. Yeah , if you do a little shopping you can get it for a little cheaper but I dont care where you get it from its still over priced. And I mentioned to this guy in a previous post that he needs to do his home work because the 8.2 comes with all the hop ups and you can buy this car for almost half the price of a Kyosho