R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #31
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
There are alot of former odonnell drivers that would dispute that notion. period, exclamation, yada yada yada.
kyosho... again...

Thanks to my 2011 sponsors: Strait-Line Hobbies and Petersons building LTD
xboxandrcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
I am goung to try a 8.2 but would never call my kyosho over rated thier is a reason ae has copied the buggy in some aspects kyosho is great car priced high but worth it i think anyway but at same time hoping the ae 8.2 is good had saxtons in my hands last weekend and watched it all day looked very good am curious to see how it works for my style of driving

Its over ratted and over priced in my opinion buddy. But to each how own. BTW if your Kysho is such a great car , why switch to AE? I bet I can answer that question for you. Its because its a good possibility that you can get a car just as good if not better for half the price lol?
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny t View Post
There are alot of former odonnell drivers that would dispute that notion. period, exclamation, yada yada yada.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #34
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmoe View Post
Its over ratted and over priced in my opinion buddy. But to each how own. BTW if your Kysho is such a great car , why switch to AE? I bet I can answer that question for you. Its because its a good possibility that you can get a car just as good if not better for half the price lol?
but the xtra you pay is the original design and quality of kyosho.

Thanks to my 2011 sponsors: Strait-Line Hobbies and Petersons building LTD
xboxandrcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmoe View Post

Once again proving my point. Overrated then why did ae clone it? Your making this to easy dude. Price is another thing, if you got the bucks to spend then its no biggie. Some of us don't look at price tags my friend.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to roblupo

I dont see how AE cloned the Kyosho? Its does not even look like it. The body is diff, the shock towers, the batt, elec boxes its all diff. Even the toe plates are all diff. To me its not a complete new design buts its the a design that works. AE got it handed to them at the Nitro challege with some test parts, but they went and fixed them and now its been kicking butt all over.
Low Country R/C, Philhurdraceway.com, Savannah, GA
roblupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #37
Tech Adept

This thread was created as to what users think about the new RC8.2. But all I see is the talk on Kyosho's and how overrated it is.
joydude630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydude630 View Post
This thread was created as to what users think about the new RC8.2. But all I see is the talk on Kyosho's and how overrated it is.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydude630 View Post
I dont know how much you know about RC'S,but the reason the talk went to other buggies is 1 its not out yet so there's really no facts on this buggy yet,2-tryna compare it to another good buggy.
These are all just opninions right now for the rc8.2,but anybody could see how one would rate and/or compare it to one thats on the market already.

So everybody else plz keep comparing,or just sharing what you"THINK" the new rc8.2 is gonna be like. THANKS!

Last edited by 08supermoto; 08-26-2011 at 07:35 PM.
08supermoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92

Probably have Kyosho characteristics at a cheaper price like said above. I don't know about parts wear and durability tho, if it was greater then the MP9 wouldn't that be something
Old 08-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What do I think about the 8.2? I think it will be a minature car, it will have 4 wheels, and I will be able to use a radio to control it's movements.

Who cares about anything else? All this keyboard warrior B/S about who copied who and why some guy sleeps with his MP9 in his bed every night becasue he loves it so much is getting really old. You guys need to go drive your toy cars or something

/ Nemo Racing USA /Agama / Pro-line Racing / VP Powermaster / RC Shox / Triton RC / Dutch Oven Designs / Paradise Air / TIX RD /
Racerx336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08supermoto View Post
Dont get me wrong I dont think the mp9 is a bad buggy ,but its not worth how much there asking for.
The diffs blow in the kyosho too much, everyone i know that has one,thats there #1 complaint.

I dont know how you can compare a mp9=lambo & mugen or rc8b=a mini, cause thats so far from the truth.

I race with mp9/tki2 all the time,and i constantly hear that they want to get rid of them.
I have been running the MP9 for 3 years now, and never, never blown a diff, or any drive train part, same with others around here, the ones blowing diffs and drive shafts are the ones that do not know how to build them properly. And with todays race rollers, it does not surprises me that most do not know how to build a kit properly. The RC8 was a decent buggy I had the team kit, my only issue with it was front and rear diff access and had to modify the shocks as they kept blowing the c clip out. And there is nothing wrong with copping the 8th time world champion.
And as for failures, most people having DNF's and failures with there new kits, are either new to the hobby bought a race kit with no experience on how to build them (lets be honest, the manuals are not very clear for a new person), or someone coming out of an RTR to a race kit. You do not see people that have been around for 15 plus years running 1/8 having many issues with there kits. (crashing aside). Actually even the race rollers I tell people take the apart and rebuild them, as most if not all have some issues from the factory build...
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #43
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
My take on it is.....if the Kyosho was so overated, then why did AE clone it . Why not clone the Losi? or Mugen?
I said its over ratted cuz of the ridiculous price and the price for the parts. I never said it wasnt a good car. And if the RC8.2 is a clone then fine. I rather pay half the price for a clone then the ridiculous price of a Kysho
Old 08-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerx336 View Post
What do I think about the 8.2? I think it will be a minature car, it will have 4 wheels, and I will be able to use a radio to control it's movements.

Who cares about anything else? All this keyboard warrior B/S about who copied who and why some guy sleeps with his MP9 in his bed every night becasue he loves it so much is getting really old. You guys need to go drive your toy cars or something

LMAO!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #45
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Te
he MP9 is not overpriced, once you take in consideration that it comes with ALL the hop ups, including memory motor mount, it costs the same as most others.
And where are you people getting this $1000.00 price from???? you can get an MP9 TKI2 for about $800.00 or less, do your homework (shopping).
Back to the topic, the AE should be a decent buggy, you might need to buy a few hop ups, (I know I did when I ran mine, i spent over $200.00 in Kingz headz upgrades) but a good buggy.
And people stoping trashing the MP9 till you actually own one from new that has been properly built.
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote