R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

8.2 is the poor man's MP9 -- it HAS to be good!

Be sure to checkout "Come Drive With Us!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTEAMGUY
CoryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryD View Post
8.2 is the poor man's MP9 -- it HAS to be good!
Poor man MP9 lol. I call it the more rational thinking mans car because no RC is worth $1000 like the over ratted over priced Kysho is.
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

To be honest, I believe it will be one of the better cars on the market. It's already proven itself on every level of racing. I will set the standard of performance in 2012 because we all know that 2011 brought us a group of new cars which was not proven and had a lot of shortcomings.

JUST MY $0.02
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
To be honest, I believe it will be one of the better cars on the market. It's already proven itself on every level of racing. I will set the standard of performance in 2012 because we all know that 2011 brought us a group of new cars which was not proven and had a lot of shortcomings.

JUST MY $0.02

I concur. You'll be able to buy a great car that will basically be hoped up at an economical price unlike that over priced Kyosho.
rcmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know if they got the weight down on this version?

Be sure to checkout "Come Drive With Us!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTEAMGUY
CoryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmoe View Post
I concur. You'll be able to buy a great car that will basically be hoped up at an economical price unlike that over priced Kyosho.
I am goung to try a 8.2 but would never call my kyosho over rated thier is a reason ae has copied the buggy in some aspects kyosho is great car priced high but worth it i think anyway but at same time hoping the ae 8.2 is good had saxtons in my hands last weekend and watched it all day looked very good am curious to see how it works for my style of driving
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My take on it is.....if the Kyosho was so overated, then why did AE clone it . Why not clone the Losi? or Mugen?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzemaxx View Post
My take on it is.....if the Kyosho was so overated, then why did AE clone it . Why not clone the Losi? or Mugen?
Stop it... Stop it...
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AssocRacer Send a message via Yahoo to AssocRacer

Every manufacturer out there has basically cloned a Kyosho at some point or another. Lets face it, when it comes to 1/8th scale, they are the original. You can take a Kyosho, Jammin, Mugen, OFNA, and pretty much any other 1/8th scale other than the Losi and the parts are practically interchangable. I remember in the 80's when the had the Burns and Turbo Burns. Those cars were the shit. HOWEVER, yes, they are SERIOUSLY overpriced. A few years ago XRC did a shootout between six cars, the Kyosho was on top, but it ALMOST got beat by the Jammin, and the Jammin was nearly half the price. I've never personally drove a K car, but I did own a Jammin and an OFNA Hyper 7. Both cars were nearly clones of the MP777. In fact there were a few times where I was able to put an MP777 part on my Jammin cause I didn't have what I needed at the track. I'm sure that the 8.2 won't have anything new to offer other than maybe some different weight distribution, suspention geometry, and a few detail differences. 1/8th scale tech is pretty simple. Why fix what isn't broken? Unless we see some new 1/8th scale that doesn't use three diffs or has lay down shocks like a Revo, it's just a clone of a Kyosho. Even the Losi wasn't that different, just had a narrower chassis with the weight of the engine towards the center of the car and the huge shocks, but nothing that innovative. It was a big deal only because it was one of the first American produced 1/8th scales.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08supermoto View Post
Dont get me wrong I dont think the mp9 is a bad buggy ,but its not worth how much there asking for.
The diffs blow in the kyosho too much, everyone i know that has one,thats there #1 complaint.

I dont know how you can compare a mp9=lambo & mugen or rc8b=a mini, cause thats so far from the truth.

I race with mp9/tki2 all the time,and i constantly hear that they want to get rid of them.
diffs? the mp9 ones fronm day 1 should never strip., unless they have absolutly no shims in there.
the mp9 diff and AE diffs are deffently the best (not the spiral cut STRR ones, they have to have attention all the time or they will. )IMHO of course...

as for people complaining about the kyosho price... it comes with all the upgrades you should need..., plus it quality wise it will outlast anything, so it pays for itself(yes i know Xray and mugen are nice too) but kyosho is the jizz

"You" get what you pay for with kyosho, You could be next world champ... lol

is kyosho was really "that" bad why would ALOT of companys copy them...um AE... but look at the last like 20 years of racing... how many kyoshos won the worlds. everyone that sees the light and joins mp9 never go back.use a pro setup and ur good to go.

Thanks to my 2011 sponsors: Strait-Line Hobbies and Petersons building LTD
xboxandrcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AssocRacer Send a message via Yahoo to AssocRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxandrcdude View Post
diffs? the mp9 ones fronm day 1 should never strip., unless they have absolutly no shims in there.
the mp9 diff and AE diffs are deffently the best (not the spiral cut STRR ones, they have to have attention all the time or they will. )IMHO of course...

as for people complaining about the kyosho price... it comes with all the upgrades you should need..., plus it quality wise it will outlast anything, so it pays for itself(yes i know Xray and mugen are nice too) but kyosho is the jizz

"You" get what you pay for with kyosho, You could be next world champ... lol

is kyosho was really "that" bad why would ALOT of companys copy them...um AE... but look at the last like 20 years of racing... how many kyoshos won the worlds. everyone that sees the light and joins mp9 never go back.use a pro setup and ur good to go.
Never said that Kyosho was a bad car, just over priced. I ran my Jammin for like four years and never broke it, only replaced the arms once when the mounting holes started wearing out. Kyosho's plastic isn't any different from the others. The Jammin, RC8B, Losi, Mugen, XRay are all pretty much on par as far as durability. I broke my RC8B once when I hit the driver's stand trying to clear a jump, and I'm pretty sure I would have tore the arm off of ANY car on the market with the hit that it took.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssocRacer View Post
Never said that Kyosho was a bad car, just over priced. I ran my Jammin for like four years and never broke it, only replaced the arms once when the mounting holes started wearing out. Kyosho's plastic isn't any different from the others. The Jammin, RC8B, Losi, Mugen, XRay are all pretty much on par as far as durability. I broke my RC8B once when I hit the driver's stand trying to clear a jump, and I'm pretty sure I would have tore the arm off of ANY car on the market with the hit that it took.
quality... takes alot longer to "wear out" its not over priced. they just give you the upgrades you need + it wont wear as fast as other cars do.(ignoring the 1 gallon losi cars) so by the time u replace a bunch of crap on your other cars u get to the price of the kyosho... owning the kyoshos you know you dont have to constantly check for wear...

95% of all the people that complain about car brands etc etc CANT drive.or they havnt tryed the brand.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Either way, one car or another is not going to make you a podium driver...period!

Xray - RCAmerica

XB8 2017 - XB8E 2017
pl_unc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #29
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl_unc86 View Post
Either way, one car or another is not going to make you a podium driver...period!
+1, we were only jsut saying that the rc8.2 has mp9ness in it.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl_unc86 View Post
There are alot of former odonnell drivers that would dispute that notion. period, exclamation, yada yada yada.
johnny t is offline   Reply With Quote