Wiki Posts
Search

Kyle Mcbride, who is he?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Kyle Mcbride, who is he?

Ok so this kid to me came out of no where, this seems to happen after the worlds alot so I guess he's that new kid that is getting a name out there young, does he race any of the other big races here in America? Roar nationals silverstate or does he stat in ausi? I think at 14 n being right on tebo rear end is pretty fn amazing after n hour. What's his set up?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This kid is fast that is for sure. Followed him on live rc for the worlds race. There has not been much talk since the worlds but I am sure someone had to have picked him up.

He was wheeling a Mugen for the worlds. Would like to see more of this kid.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hes a really fast Aussie kid, thats all anyone can describe. Just poped up and finished 4th in worlds now gettin almost more media then Cody. Hes impressive and has potential to win for sure. Word is Durango actually picked him up to run i dont even think Mugen was a sponsor in the worlds i think at the time just aka, savox, and maybe mugen, fastlane were.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

kyle is based here in aus.as far as setups go im sure if you put your feelers out on the ausie forum some might popup.

Last edited by mp9er; 12-31-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: ?
Old 12-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default From NeoBuggy

We hear that Aussie Wonderkid Kyle McBride (the then 14-year-old who finished 4th at the Worlds) may be heading for a drive with Team Durango in 2011. Barely a day has passed after Team Durango announced the signing of UK star Elliott Boots, which would at this stage suggest a 2011 line up of: Ryan Lutz, Hupo Honigl, Elliott Boots, Chris Doughty, Kevin Brunsden and possibly Jorn Neumann and now Kyle McBride - don't forget that not long ago Robert Batlle of Spain was photographed testing out the DNX408.
Kyle McBride is one of the most exciting young talents to hit 1/8 Offroad in 2010, and his arrival; placing 4th at the Worlds, 1.5 secs behind Jared Tebo was a fairytale story. It's no surprise that after those achievements the Queensland kid was hot property - of volcanic proportions! Insiders tell us that a few teams were in the running but the deal has been done with Team Durango for 2011. Lets wait and see for any official news.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Kyle did have factory backing from Mugen (Mugen Australia) for the worlds, and believe me, everyone (including Reno Savoya) in Australia knows who Kyle is, as he has been beating them all consistenly for the last 12 months or so.

He aint no flash in the pan, he is here to stay, and if he gets to travel more to race, believe me, he will certainly catch a few out.

Go get 'em Kyle
Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Kyle is an AUSSIE bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aussie's get it done
Old 12-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Kyle is a great driver who will be a name for the future in rc if girls don't lure him away. Having raced against him and watched him drive he has that raw talent you can see on the track when you watch the worlds top guys run.

He has plenty of speed and having savoya down in aus only lifted his car speed. He definitely picked up speed racing with renaud. I know he is making the rest of the Aussies push hard.

He is certainly not a one race wonder from the worlds. He managed to beat renaud in aus and he came from the quarters at the worlds alongside some top 5 qualifiers.

To give you some perspective on how quick he can be I asked his dad at the worlds why they did not go out for the practice for the semi.... The reason was they ran their Used quarters tyres in the semi!!!! And he qualified 9th in the final not bad at all.

It will be interesting to watch him with the durango in 2011. A year or two in the USA would be awesome to see I reckon
Old 12-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Tech Adept

one for the future and a good catch for durango
Old 12-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Regular

Kyle is actually a member of Pine Hills Dirt Racing Inc (PHDR)over here in Brisbane, Australia. He has been around for a little while here, his father deserves credit as he has backed Kyle from the start, he supports his son, and most importantly has helped kept Kyle's head on straight. The whole family is very down-to-earth and always pleasant when at the track.
We all knew Kyle had genuine talent. (Beat Reno at the Queensland state offroad titles)
One of our members has shot footage of Kyle from the beginning. http://www.youtube.com/user/redcatster
On behalf of PHDR, I would like to officially like to congratulate both Kyle and his Dad on an excellent result in the worlds

Mark
Old 12-31-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

I gather Kyle was driving the RC8..??
Old 12-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have only been in to 1/8 of about a year a a half, and a member of PHDR and raced many times with Kyle and all i can say is WOW. This kid is amazing, when you watch him drive, the way he positions the car, controls it in the air it like he is in it.

Kyle's father Scott is nice guy, all ways willing to have a chat and help out.
I remember him telling me, he put's in well over 10 hour prep out into each of Kyle's cars before he races.

As for Kyles cars, I've seen him with a RC8 but that was well over 12 months ago he has had mugens for some time now

Check out " Redcatster " on Youtube lots of video's of Kyle at our local track
Old 12-31-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default reply

Great to see Kyle do so well at the worlds and was really funny on live rc watching all the comments of who is this kid ..... lol ..... The young fella has tons of tallant behind the wheel of an rc car thats for sure, I shot this footage during the year with reno, lutz & kyle going flat out head to head during an event at liverpool off road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5_JP-qOudg

The title was incorrectly uploaded in the first place but the three of them shoot it out for 5 minutes flat out and i hope you enjoy the footage, its easy to see which one is Kyle with reno's bright orange machine & lutz's pink machine
Old 12-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Ok so this kid to me came out of no where, this seems to happen after the worlds alot so I guess he's that new kid that is getting a name out there young, does he race any of the other big races here in America? Roar nationals silverstate or does he stat in ausi? I think at 14 n being right on tebo rear end is pretty fn amazing after n hour. What's his set up?
Just for the record Kyle passed Tebo on the last corner at the worlds but pulled over and let him pass before the finnish line as there was some contact and didn't want to risk a penalty... Not bad for a 14 year old
Old 12-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

3RD NSW State Titles - Buggy (In front of Lutz/Savoya)
4TH NSW State Titles - Truggy(Behind Lutz/Savoya/Bakla)
10TH Australian Buggy Nationals
1ST QLD State Titles - Buggy
1ST QLD State Titles - Truggy
2ND Australian Truggy Nationals (Behind Savoya)
1ST ACT State Titles - Buggy
1ST ACT State Titles - Truggy

So the worlds was no flash in the pan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.