R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but if any of the guys with experience running a buggy on tight rough loose tracks could give me their opinion and recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. Please see both clips below for a better look of the surface. No I'm not the one with the camera on my head lol. Some other newbie. But it's the track I run.

Tyres I have all glued up are:

VP AXMAN (med)
VP CONDOR XX (med)
PL BOW-TIE (M3)
PL CALIBER (M2 & M3)
AKA I-BEAM (Soft)

It's so hard sometimes to try every brand/compound/tread out there. Most guys just stick to one tyre they know and don't experiment.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but if any of the guys with experience running a buggy on tight rough loose tracks could give me their opinion and recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. Please see both clips below for a better look of the surface. No I'm not the one with the camera on my head lol. Some other newbie. But it's the track I run.

Tyres I have all glued up are:

VP AXMAN (med)
VP CONDOR XX (med)
PL BOW-TIE (M3)
PL CALIBER (M2 & M3)
AKA I-BEAM (Soft)

It's so hard sometimes to try every brand/compound/tread out there. Most guys just stick to one tyre they know and don't experiment.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
I would use the I-beams
I try to stick with one brand of tires in my case Aka,after i had bad luck with Vp-pro and Pro-line,the I-beams last like forever

Thanks to my Sponsor Mike @ Sonic Raceway Boom na Boom Pasig City and ofcourse my Mom :)
B-ray95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-ray95 View Post
I would use the I-beams
I try to stick with one brand of tires in my case Aka,after i had bad luck with Vp-pro and Pro-line,the I-beams last like forever
Yes I didn't like the PL's as much as the other two brands. I don't think I will be buying them again. I really liked the AKA's, but the VP Condors didn't do too badly. I was hopping that maybe some of the racers here could give me a few hints to maybe mix and match some treads. I know it's hard from the net but you over seas guys tend to have a lot more tracks and do a fair bit more racing than us here. We just got washed out this weekend. There is only one Track in all of Sydney. It's sad. A city of about 5 million people with only one 1/8th off-road IC track.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
Yes I didn't like the PL's as much as the other two brands. I don't think I will be buying them again. I really liked the AKA's, but the VP Condors didn't do too badly. I was hopping that maybe some of the racers here could give me a few hints to maybe mix and match some treads. I know it's hard from the net but you over seas guys tend to have a lot more tracks and do a fair bit more racing than us here. We just got washed out this weekend. There is only one Track in all of Sydney. It's sad. A city of about 5 million people with only one 1/8th off-road IC track.
Here's what I do,since Aka's are great but expensive i use soft I-beams in the rear and medium flex cut offs in the front for the Q's and for the Main I use again soft I-beams in the rear and ultra flex Axmans in front works for me

Note: I dont know why but after my first race with the Axmans they came unglued half way

Thanks to my Sponsor Mike @ Sonic Raceway Boom na Boom Pasig City and ofcourse my Mom :)
B-ray95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #20
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

By watching the videos, I would say Pro-Line Caliber or Crime Fighter in front and Bow Tie on rear