Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs92 View Post
He likes your stupidity for entertainment Don't say thanks too that compliment
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
you really think what he said was a compliment?

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
you really think what he said was a compliment?
No, but I think tc does as in that's why he said thanks. If your directing this response to me.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs92 View Post
No, but I think tc does as in that's why he said thanks. If your directing this response to me.
ment that for him

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
Old 08-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
ment that for him
I thought so, but you quoted me You will get your answer soon enough
Old 08-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #35
Tech Regular

You know he will show up, even when he says he's out of a thread he will still read it like he did in the Losi 2.0 thread... and he can't help him self, he just HAD to come back with a post....

I REALLY think he does feel like "every one else" is pickin' on him and that he is not that one ALWAYS starting "tha flame war".

I'm from Sweden and I have good knowledge in Swedish, Danish, German and English language but I always have trouble with his posts.. I think you call i bad grammar.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
this was not a tread of nitro vs e, but which one you drive better....
I'm better with my e-buggy than I was with it being nitro. I'm way more consistent, since the power delivery is consistent. No clutch wear or brake fade, but is does require some change in driving style, especially if you go for motor braking.

As for maintenance, I spent a lot less time cleaning my car. And not having to check your: clutch(shoes bell and bearings), air filter and making sure everything is charged, is a big relief for me. You actually do more charging running nitro, than you do with electric. Starter box, glow starter, backup glow starter(cause it will surely die on you right up to a main), rx battery and tx.

I love nitro, for the sound and everything else it comes with. But prefer electric, since it fits me better and I can spend more time getting better at driving it. Not that it works.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #37
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default As the OP said.. "Which buggy do you drive better?"

As a result of being a manufacturer of hi-performance accessories/parts for 1:8 scale RC cars, this happens to be a topic that I have spent a good bit of time researching and continually gathering the factual data that pertains to it. These are the facts from actual race results and they DO NOT include, nor are they influenced by, any opinions or preferences from myself or others.

Based solely on the factual data from actual racing results (that are publicly available for anyone to reference) that met the following criteria:

- same driver
- racing in both a Nitro powered 1:8 scale buggy class and an Electric powered 1:8 scale buggy class
- same track
- same day
- sanctioned event following ROAR rules

On average about 8 out of 10 drivers are faster with the Nitro powered 1:8 scale buggy. These drivers average out at 0.5 seconds per lap faster in the Nitro class. Likewise the other 2 out of 10 drivers who are faster with the Electric powered 1:8 scale buggy were also averaging approx. 0.5 seconds per lap faster in the Electric class.

*Due to these classes typically having different "Total Race Times" the data used comes from the "Top 10 Lap Time Average".

"If it's worth doin'... it's worth doin' it right" - Chip Jett

Last edited by HH; 08-21-2011 at 04:52 PM.
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #38
Tech Elite

I run E and nitro. I started with E and bumped into nitro 4 months ago. To be honest, I enjoy nitro the most. I haven't compared my lap times yet since I've barely driven E since I got my nitro buggy. Except for 1/10.

Nitro is a litte more maintenance then E, but is just the airfilter and clutchbearings that you need to take care off. This is less then 10min work to both.

Nitro attracks a little more dirt when you spill nitro inside the car, but I clean my cars before every race anyway. So I really don't care about those extra 2mins that it takes to brush off the chassis and the tank.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #39
Tech Prophet

the only way i see that nitro, is faster compared to 1/8 electric for one its the driver and also nitro does have brake bias that helps in the corners.

i run with nitro truggys im getting better little by little with the electric truggy.

i could use a mecantic brakeing but to me thats just one more thing to fail .

so a little big of drag brake i mean a little bit is the only way.

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
the only way i see that nitro, is faster compared to 1/8 electric for one its the driver and also nitro does have brake bias that helps in the corners.

i run with nitro truggys im getting better little by little with the electric truggy.

i could use a mecantic brakeing but to me thats just one more thing to fail .

so a little big of drag brake i mean a little bit is the only way.
dont forget weight.
RePeTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are the e buggies usually heavier?
JeredR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes, a lot heavier
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #43
Tech Adept

One thing I dont like about E cars is you run for 10 minute and charge for 45 to 60 minutes and then you need to let the esc & motor cool for 15 to 20.Extra batteries & chargers $$$ is a must.
kyosho28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #44
Tech Regular

A bit simple that is, if you ask me....

First of all you should bring 2-3 battery pack and at the track. Have a powerful charger at hand, that can charge the packs in 20-30 min from empty (charging at 2-3C). The price of all this is no greater than a good engine with fuel. I know as I run both electric and nitro 1/8!

A battery setup that only gives 10 min of race time is in my book the same as a light weight setup, and the weight should not be far of the nitro cars. When we are speaking about 15-20 min of race time we are generally speaking about cars that are 100-200 gr heavier than the nitro versions (not taking light weight parts into consideration).

With properly set up ESC and gearing, you can run pack after pack without worrying about the temperature.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosho28 View Post
One thing I dont like about E cars is you run for 10 minute and charge for 45 to 60 minutes and then you need to let the esc & motor cool for 15 to 20.Extra batteries & chargers $$$ is a must.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsand View Post
A bit simple that is, if you ask me....

First of all you should bring 2-3 battery pack and at the track. Have a powerful charger at hand, that can charge the packs in 20-30 min from empty (charging at 2-3C). The price of all this is no greater than a good engine with fuel. I know as I run both electric and nitro 1/8!

A battery setup that only gives 10 min of race time is in my book the same as a light weight setup, and the weight should not be far of the nitro cars. When we are speaking about 15-20 min of race time we are generally speaking about cars that are 100-200 gr heavier than the nitro versions (not taking light weight parts into consideration).

With properly set up ESC and gearing, you can run pack after pack without worrying about the temperature.
charging at 2-3C will kill the batteries over time. I actually just have a very good talk with AAron Waldron and a tech from Amain. Lower Amp is always better, A battery may be rated for 2C, and it can handle it just fine, but that same battery will last a lot longer if charged at 1C. Thats the max i will ever charge my batteries anyway, my new charger tho is limited to 50W so im actually limited to 3.4V on my 5600 4S battery, the difference is only 5-10 min for charging, which is about 40-45 Min total of charging per pack and with my set up im currently getting 15 Min of hard running safely. I just made sure when i invested in the 1/8 E market i had at least 2 big batteries and i would be set for any race day. i can run one battery for both qualifiers IF needed and run the other for the main.

After running the 1/8E a couple times im def faster with the 1/8 N but as other guys have already stated its not by much, its within .5 Sec of each, this is on a small technical track tho, it may even out on a bigger track where that brake bias isnt as important. You will NEVER be able to compare the two tho, they are two totally different buggys. Setups are usually close but not the same, they handle and react totally different. its like comparing 2wd SC and 4wd SC, similar but not the same. Drive what you like best, some nights thats 1/8 E, some nights thats 1/8N. I can tune very well, just some nights i just wanna race and not worry about tune,fuel,clutch etc, not to say there arnt worries with 1/8E but they are more easily managed