R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-19-2011, 05:23 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Also dont try to drive as fast as u can and keep crashing but try to drive as tidy as u can.Maybe the car was design to take the beating but it still hurt when u crash it.Always there is a few new guys at the track that drives like a maniac and dont see them again after few races because they just cant keep up with the maintainace.Broken servos,broken arms,broken shocks,dented pipe and all kind of problems.Always clean/inspect ur car after every session will slow down the wear and tear.U will b alot happier because u will finish every race
www.nitro-storm-racing.com
www.ocrraceway.com.au
Mohd Zailani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohd Zailani View Post
Always clean/inspect ur car after every session
Yes, I used to be fanatical about keeping a clean car. What other things should I be inspecting/maintaining on an every run/every day basis? Got the after run oil thing, the previous owner of the buggy said he changed the 2 stage air filter every run. Is that necessary, or just a good idea, or just overkill?
vw addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:20 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw addict View Post
Yes, I used to be fanatical about keeping a clean car. What other things should I be inspecting/maintaining on an every run/every day basis? Got the after run oil thing, the previous owner of the buggy said he changed the 2 stage air filter every run. Is that necessary, or just a good idea, or just overkill?
Depend on the track condition u racing on.If it dusty i would say definitely yes.Normally i always pull out the engine every time after practice/race to clean/inspect the clutch/clutch bearings.If its getting too dry just put a drop of bearings oil.If u have a doubt just change them as they are pretty cheap to replace.Clean the shocks boot as there always some oil and dirt in it and they will eat the tini coating on your shocks shafts.Inspect all the screws they are all tight and just a general cleaning.I will strip my car all together after second race day and give it a good clean.Dont use any oil/grease on all moving parts as they will attract dirt.Run it just dry an u will amaze how long all the parts will last.
www.nitro-storm-racing.com
www.ocrraceway.com.au
Mohd Zailani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:51 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm probably just going to tear it down tonight so I get an idea of what goes where and such as far as the motor/drivetrain goes. It's pretty clean already, but it could always be cleaner....
vw addict is offline   Reply With Quote