R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #1

Default Which new buggy would you buy and why?

1st: Mugen MBX6, I currently drive this buggy with a BCE V@ chasis. Just wanting some others points of views.

2nd: New Associated 2.0, any one?

3rd: Agama A8 2011 spec?

I have a red clay track 10 min. from the house and it is blue groove and technical, then there is a more open track called Battlefield RC. It is a little more loose and can develop bumps and ruts. I like the mugen alot, but just wanting to see if any of these two compare to it, and if they do, what are the points that make it better. I tend to try and drive alittle hard at times but haddleing is the key to me. I just have not had the opportunity to drive the Agama yet. I have driven a friends Associated with all of the up-grades and the longer BCE chasis and it is really good. Just wanting some feedback from some owners of these buggies. Thanks Guys - Ryan B.
Beagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

All three of those are excellent choices man...

My personal opinion is the Associated car. I have built just about every car out there this year, and many Associated rc8b cars (I think the current count is at 14). After going through every car, I went back to associated and just felt the most comfortable with it. I have had all of the new parts on these cars too, and can't wait until the 8.2 is ready to buy.

All cars have plusses and minuses, and I would suggest doing what you can to try each for yourself (beg, borrow, but don't steal LOL). YMMV, and all of the other disclaimers...

Edit: Will the new car reset my rc8b count back to zero?
Romans 10:13
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
JQ, AE, TLR, TD, AG... Still can't decide. They all go to 11
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the Mugen or Agama... the BCE chassis makes the buggy hard to drive but love it on truggy. i would run stock one on buggy IMO, i wouldnt trade my mugen for anything.... on agama, its a losi/mugen mix. i have one, it drives nicely but has a little push going into turns, but it turns well. just not as well as mugen IMO. but that may be driving style.
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Ask your local boy Dennis Powers what be recommends!
Dcracing2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You prolly have a Durango Dealer nearby with lots of parts.
OODA loop: Observe-Overreact-Destroy-Apologize
Limywidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you're happy with the way the MOOG handles, then I'd say stick with it. The RC8 and Agama seem to be very respectable platforms also, but I don't know that they necessarily have a significant edge over the 6, either in performance, reliability, or ease of maintenance. Plus, the MOOG's been around a while, so parts are everywhere. I had one and I somewhat regret letting it go.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

The one in which your hobby shop can get the parts for. From what I have been reading... most team buggies are near the same. Some may handle certain tracks better but they are almost even. This is just my opinion based on what I have read and seen on the track and in the standings in different events.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:28 AM   #8
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle32 View Post
1st: Mugen MBX6, I currently drive this buggy with a BCE V@ chasis. Just wanting some others points of views.

2nd: New Associated 2.0, any one?

3rd: Agama A8 2011 spec?

I have a red clay track 10 min. from the house and it is blue groove and technical, then there is a more open track called Battlefield RC. It is a little more loose and can develop bumps and ruts. I like the mugen alot, but just wanting to see if any of these two compare to it, and if they do, what are the points that make it better. I tend to try and drive alittle hard at times but haddleing is the key to me. I just have not had the opportunity to drive the Agama yet. I have driven a friends Associated with all of the up-grades and the longer BCE chasis and it is really good. Just wanting some feedback from some owners of these buggies. Thanks Guys - Ryan B.
Ryan they would all be just as capable.

But since you're experienced with the Mugen and looking at your sig (I assume sponsors) why not go for the new Sworkz S350 BK1. It's a Mugen on steroids.
Have a good look at it before you make any decision. Speak to Jason from Ascendancy Racing and have a look at the Sworkz thread.

Just throwing another option up there.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Ryan lets see if i can help you out on your decision! The Agama is a good car but to me it takes a certain driving style to be fast and turn consitant lape times i was slower with the car i couldnt push it hard if i did i would pay for it some way or another and with the AE the car is more stable and its easy to correct in the air and it loves to be driven hard you should ask Coty to drive his car before you make any decisions.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #10

Thank you guys for the info. All of you have been alot of help. I am going to beg some of my fellow racers this weekend at one of our series races. Maybe I can make a good decision this weekend. Thanks Guys!

Dennis, I am going to drive that bright blue one this weekend if you are gonna be there. ha

John, Thanks for the heads up. I just spoke to Nate and was looking at the s-workz buggy on the net. I would like to have one in my hands to really look at it you know. Jason and Nate are good guys. I LOVE the Ascendancy clutch. It is flat out awesome.

Thank You all for the feedback. I hope to finally make a hard decision soon.
- Ryan B.
Beagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #11
Tech Initiate

Default not really a buggy but more of a truggy

i would by a traxxas rustler vxl as i have scene people on youtube having them reach speeds in access of 140 miles an hour. mind you i like traxxas as they seem fast out of the box and they make it simple to let you know how to get more speed. i work sundays so cant really race so my interest in rc is to make them go faster
kforcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kforcool View Post
i would by a traxxas rustler vxl as i have scene people on youtube having them reach speeds in access of 140 miles an hour. mind you i like traxxas as they seem fast out of the box and they make it simple to let you know how to get more speed. i work sundays so cant really race so my interest in rc is to make them go faster

diff. scale, not nitro, not buggy, not 4wd
Old 08-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #13
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
who cares if it goes 140 or 10000 miles if it cant't even drive 1 lap without falling apart ^^

And again --> we're talkin about quality Rc's not traxxas's......

Thanks to my Sponsor Mike @ Sonic Raceway Boom na Boom Pasig City and ofcourse my Mom :)
B-ray95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:16 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Not a person who is going to beat you to death with the fan syndrome. There are many good buggies on the market today. What works good for someone else just may absolutely suck for you. Don't base your decision on what the pro's do.
The Mugen is a good car, just play with setup to see if you can get better with it. If you no longer like the car it's almost a try and see type of deal. Can be expensive but it's the only way to know for sure.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:42 AM   #15
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Not to get off topic but, i can almost guarantee that not a single rustler will ever touch nething near 140mph, the record is 161mph by Nick Case in a highly modded, expensive, TC3.
Jammin X1CR FTE, Corraly RDX Phi 09, 3Racing F1-09
Jammin#2 is offline   Reply With Quote