R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default hpi nitro rush starting problems !

hey guys. iv been racing electric cars since i was young i have a few nitro on-roads . but latley my fave of them all my evo rush will not start if its fate depended on it .. i have checked the glow plug i have also set the needle back to factory settings. also the fuel is fine it runs perfect in one of my on-road nitros . i have also tried the trick of finger over the exhaust that did not work eather. can some one help me here please last time it was used it was running fine just took a bit of a play with the needle setting tried it again and it does not want to know.
creaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

finger over the exhaust never works for me so i pull the tubing out from the exhaust and blow into it to prime the engine. a more direct method. Just keep track of how much fuel travels into the carb when you blow so it doesnt flood.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

iv tried that its deffently getting fuel iv changed every thing out of one working car to the rush fuel tank and the glow plug still will not start tried the exhaust tricks and it still wont start
Old 08-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaven View Post
iv tried that its deffently getting fuel iv changed every thing out of one working car to the rush fuel tank and the glow plug still will not start tried the exhaust tricks and it still wont start
Take the glow plug out. Turn the engine over, does fuel coming flying out of head? Probably good idea to wear eye protection to keep fuel from getting in your eyes. If you see fuel coming out, then you are getting fuel clear to the plug. If not, then you are not getting it through your carb into the crank and up. So, if you are getting fuel, then turn in the lsn needle and it will probably start. My guess is the bottom end is too rich to start.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to marleyg

make sure ur idle gap is 1.0 mm turn the throttle trim a little bit to open the carb prime the engine and give it a try..
marleyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Tech Regular

How many gallons of fuel do you have through it? Also if you had fuel sitting in it for some time it may be gummed up and the carb may need cleaning.

Just saying a couple things to check.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

fuel is defently getting into the carb and into the crank if i prime it and pull with out the glow plug in i get fine mist of fuel come through. i have not checked the low end needle setting yet , but it did run last time it was out . i have a feeling it may be something to do with the clutch as it is turning the wheels whilst trying to start it . going to strip it down tonight and see if that could be the problem
Old 08-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaven View Post
fuel is defently getting into the carb and into the crank if i prime it and pull with out the glow plug in i get fine mist of fuel come through. i have not checked the low end needle setting yet , but it did run last time it was out . i have a feeling it may be something to do with the clutch as it is turning the wheels whilst trying to start it . going to strip it down tonight and see if that could be the problem
If the wheels are turning, then that is a good indication of the clutch bearings are bad.