Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What ever happened to team C.R.P ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default What ever happened to team C.R.P ???

Does any one know what happened to C.R.P( custom racing products) They were as big as Trinity in the 80's . Made some great stuff for the off road cars at the time.. YOU -G was another company .. Thanks
Old 06-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile I know.....

Mad racer, Team CRP shutdown there company in the early 90's. Mike Toby divorced his wife Sue in the late 80's. Sue ended up with the company. They moved the company from So. Cal. to Atascadero Cailifornia. People speculate this was a factor of there demise as they moved about 250 miles from So. Cal. racing scene. Another factor is the recession in the late 80's early 90's. The final factor, Mike was the creator of CRP and without his ideas and enginering input they were doomed. It was sad to see them go as I was lucky enough to get to know Sue, her son Brian, and Gary Crawford when they moved in just down the street from where lived in Atascadero. I was happy to see some of the old parts surface, and a web site crp.com to buy some of the vintage parts. I dont know who is behind the web store. I hope it's Sue, Brian or Gary. I just found this thread as I was also wondering where are they now as I lost contact with them when I moved to Idaho 10 years ago. Hope this answer's your question.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Another old school name is JG. Those truck conversions were the sht! Was sad to see them disappear.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default Custom Racing Products

Sorry to hear about Mike and his wife splitting up. I was one of the original Custom Racing Products drivers in the 80's with Mike and the Hawk brothers.