R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   1/8 Super Buggies (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/538897-1-8-super-buggies.html)

thorns 08-04-2011 01:59 PM

1/8 Super Buggies

Bit of light hearted fun.
If our beloved 1/8 scale were supercars, what would they be, and why?
I'll start (remember these are all IMO and a bit of fun/tongue in cheek):

Kyosho MP9- Ferrari, it is the benchmark most other cars are measured against and a long racing history/pedigree.
Xray 808/Mugen MBX-6 - Porsche 911, fast and reliable, albeit a bit boring
Hot Bodies D8 - Nissan GTR, cheap and can easily wipe the smile off the exotics
JQ - Lotus Exige - Light weight charger, perhaps a bit rough around the edges
Durango DNX408 - Pagani Zonda - I mean, just look at it.....
AE RC8 - Corvette - A bit porky, but still one hell of a mean machine

Add any others and change the above as well

:D

jzemaxx 08-04-2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by thorns (Post 9482715)

Kyosho MP9- Ferrari, it is the benchmark most other cars are measured against and a long racing history/pedigree.

Serpent S811- Ferrari 458 Italia - Awesome machine, Fast, easy to drive, but parts are a little pricey

Lilja 08-04-2011 02:08 PM

Youre pretty much spot on what Ive been thinking haha.

Im struggling to find anything that fits with the Serpent without naming specific models, but I think the closest car is the Gumpert Apollo (as far as I know theyve only made one model).
Fast, light but mechanicly complicated and requires the right setups to work well.

Losi= Koenigsegg. Really fast car but hard to drive and not as reliable as many other brands (and please dont start a flamewar over this because you know Losis wear fast).

hustler777 08-04-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by thorns (Post 9482715)

i was thinking kyosho as more of the Mustang....been around forever, and can compete with anything, at a price of course...:eek:

Lilja 08-04-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by hustler777 (Post 9482802)
i was thinking kyosho as more of the Mustang....been around forever, and can compete with anything, at a price of course...:eek:

Except for the mustang being cheap and slow :lol:

hustler777 08-04-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lilja (Post 9482829)
Except for the mustang being cheap and slow :lol:

:confused::confused: take it your not from the states?? :rolleyes:

071crazy 08-04-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lilja (Post 9482747)
Losi= Koenigsegg. Really fast car but hard to drive and not as reliable as many other brands (and please dont start a flamewar over this because you know Losis wear fast).

"Let me throw a left hook but don't throw one back". Hypocrite.

Lilja 08-04-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by hustler777 (Post 9482853)
:confused::confused: take it your not from the states?? :rolleyes:

And that matters how? Its still the same car.

fordstang50 08-04-2011 02:50 PM

slow?guess you have not heard of a 2012 boss 302.

hustler777 08-04-2011 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lilja (Post 9482881)
And that matters how? Its still the same car.

how many 'stangs have you seen at the tracks where your from?? they're all over here running with anything put on the track, be it drag racing or on road, mid 1960's to 2012's...that's how it matters...just like you say slow and cheap, i see 90% of "super cars" out today overpriced and impractical. but anyway back to the program....:rolleyes:

Lilja 08-04-2011 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by fordstang50 (Post 9482909)
slow?guess you have not heard of a 2012 boss 302.

Its not a supercar, thus its slower than supercars. Thus its not really fitting to say "can compete with anything" cause it cant.

Ruune 08-04-2011 02:58 PM

Mugen MBX-6 = 2011 Corvette ZR-1

'nuff said.

inferno13 08-04-2011 03:02 PM

LOSI....-The simple cadillac xts, luxury and fun to drive yet fast enough to keep up. while staying comfortale doing it!! and beat all others mentioned above in sales:lol:

hustler777 08-04-2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lilja (Post 9482924)
Its not a supercar, thus its slower than supercars. Thus its not really fitting to say "can compete with anything" cause it cant.

so i'd be wrong to think that a "super car" is a car that can do it all...from be driven to a track 500 miles away, race for 2 days, and be driven back home to making a midnight food run....let's get back to the innocent fun of this thread and drop the "i watch Top Gear" talk shall we...:rolleyes:

i was also thinking that THE CAR would be closer to the Saleen S7 or the CCX...all the right ideas, just not quite perfect...

Lilja 08-04-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by hustler777 (Post 9482919)
how many 'stangs have you seen at the tracks where your from?? they're all over here running with anything put on the track, be it drag racing or on road, mid 1960's to 2012's...that's how it matters...just like you say slow and cheap, i see 90% of "super cars" out today overpriced and impractical. but anyway back to the program....:rolleyes:

Very few, and the ones that do are people that are into american muscle basicly, not because its fast.
Im not counting dragracing now as its not really how I determine fast as its not really very hard to make something go fast in a straight line.

The newer mustangs are supposedly good handling cars, that is 2010 and forward, but pretty much every single previous model have been extremely simplistic and outdated in the chassidesign that any BMW or Porsche in the same pricerange would run rings around.

I dont really want to ruin the thread but, well I can basicly see from peoples posts what this is going to end up like :lol: