Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Hong Nor springs??? >

Hong Nor springs???

Hong Nor springs???

Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hong Nor springs???

Based on recommendations from lots of Googling, I want Hong Nor blue springs for my RC8B (and may try the gray springs also) for racing on grass.

Looking at sellers online, they list the softer springs (yellow and red) as just "16mm springs", but then the harder ones (gray and blue) are called "16mm truggy springs".

Are they just called truggy springs as they are stiffer? Or are they actually longer ?
The ONLY blue HN 16mm spring I can find is called truggy, so I guess there is NO blue 16mm buggy spring?

Will the HN390B blue springs work on my RC8B?

EDIT: oh yeah, you guys probably call them OFNA over there... I think OFNA is rebadged Hong Nor?
If so that raises more questions for me anyway as it looks like in smaller diameter springs, OFNA white is hard and blue is soft and in OFNA 16mm BB springs it is the other way around.... according to A Main's listings. Sigh....

Last edited by Mark_Australia; 08-01-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The truggy and buggy springs are the same. Just that the front and rear are different lengths.