Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone know alot about the HPI 5b?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default Anyone know alot about the HPI 5b?

My buddy got what he thought was an HPI 5B in a trade with someone off of Craig's list. Turns out it was a BajaKing buggy(the one from hobbyking)

I had heard that these buggies were identical in every way...is this true?

Someone had also told me that these are even made in the same place.

My point is, my buddy is super bummed to find out this is a King model. if anyone can lend some info, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I bet it was from a dude in Silver Spring, MD wasn't it?

I messaged him and asked if it was a clone and he told me it wasn't, however I knew better than to believe that load of bologna and just let it be.

The pictures showed it has orange anodized parts which I thought only came on the 5B SS which has the nice tuned pipe with it. I noticed in his pictures it looked to have a standard black muffler on it like comes with the clones & standard 5B (which has either gray or purple parts I believe). That's what gave it away for me, especially for the price. I decided to pass on it for this reason.

If we are talking about the same guy, here's the response he sent me. Which means he's obviously a liar and cheat.....

"Yes it's real. I had the original hpi box and manual with it when i got it.
Im not interested to split them, i have no use for just the radio... so $300 and you can take the tx if you want it."

Notice he had the original box and manual.... haha.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 07-28-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
I bet it was from a dude in Silver Spring, MD wasn't it?

I messaged him and asked if it was a clone and he told me it wasn't, however I knew better than to believe that load of bologna and just let it be.

The pictures showed it has orange anodized parts which I thought only came on the 5B SS which has the nice tuned pipe with it. I noticed in his pictures it looked to have a standard black muffler on it like comes with the clones & standard 5B (which has either gray or purple parts I believe). That's what gave it away for me, especially for the price. I decided to pass on it for this reason.

If we are talking about the same guy, here's the response he sent me. Which means he's obviously a liar and cheat.....

"Yes it's real. I had the original hpi box and manual with it when i got it.
Im not interested to split them, i have no use for just the radio... so $300 and you can take the tx if you want it."

Notice he had the original box and manual.... haha.
yup...it came from Silver Spring.

the only silver lining was he said he traded it for an I phone that was only worth about $100 bucks.
for my buddy, the give away was when he stripped the steering servo and it was an HK clone. he's super bummed, but he's gonna keep it and throw some HPI parts on it. it turned out to be the old purple 23CC clone with a few hop up parts on it. ugh......people nowadays.

thanks for the info, i really appreciate it.